[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Leak

polksalet

He's generously listed as 6'0", which is a little too short for the NFL. Plus, Florida QBs rarely fare well in the pros. Not so fast Bears fans....

I'd say 2nd day pick.

Not saying he'd be worth anything as a pro, but there have been plenty of 'short' QBs that have done well in the pros and comparing him to past Florida QBs is a bit unfair because most of the others before him played in Spurriers system...which, as evidenced by Spurriers stint in Washington, does not translate well to the NFL.

Edited by rajncajn

SHort, not the strongest arm, decision making questionable.

Drafted prob 4th-5th round depending on workouts.

Who knows - Tom brady I'm sure had some weaknesses that dropped him to the 6th round, so to guess how he'll do know is just conjecture.

On the other hand, I'd say Troy Smith cost himself at least 30 to 45 spots last night - he looked HORRIBLE.

SHort, not the strongest arm, decision making questionable.

Drafted prob 4th-5th round depending on workouts.

Who knows - Tom brady I'm sure had some weaknesses that dropped him to the 6th round, so to guess how he'll do know is just conjecture.

On the other hand, I'd say Troy Smith cost himself at least 30 to 45 spots last night - he looked HORRIBLE.

Good info here.

I'd be surprised if Leak is drafted in the first 3 rounds. He's a bit short and his arm strength isn't exactly NFL caliber. I like the way he moves in the pocket though, and he doesn't panic. So he should end up in somebody's camp.

My guess is a third stringer or practice squad QB somewhere next year.

Leak has limited potential in the NFL. I believe that he will be a late 2nd day draft pick. He is short, weak armed, not particularly athletic, and doesnt see the field that well. Sure, he looked great last night. But they basically threw a bunch of short passes and let their wideouts make plays. When he did throw it past the line of scrimmage, his receivers were wide open. Leak is ok, but dont look for a great pro career out of him because he played well last night.

:D As a Raider fan, that is exactly what I wanted to happen.

I haven't been very impressed with Smith over the entire season, and was deathly afraid Al Davis would make the mistake of drafting him 1st over some better talent. I hope this rules that situation out for good.

Chris Leak also took the majority of his snaps from the shotgun in Florida's system, which will also raise some controversy. (Much like Alex Smith)

Trying to figure out if this is a complement or a putdown.

Well, since I don't like taking any QB in the 1st round, it's a bit of both. I'd rather get a guy in the 2nd-7th round and let him develop slowly than thrust a rookie into the starting fray, ruin his mechanics on a bad team and then throw him on the scrap heap in 3-4 years, just to start over w/ another rookie QB.

Why will he be a stud in the NFL? Because he played well in one game in College against a decent defense in a system devised by a great Offensive Mind?

He played well in the system last night, that is all; I don't think he threw a ball over 20 yards did he? Maybe he can run the option and throw 5 yard slants and dump offs in the Pros?

Polky, you've lost it over the past few months.

Why will he be a stud in the NFL? Because he played well in one game in College against a decent defense in a system devised by a great Offensive Mind?

He played well in the system last night, that is all; I don't think he threw a ball over 20 yards did he? Maybe he can run the option and throw 5 yard slants and dump offs in the Pros?

Wait, Polk actually had it at one point?

Sorry if it sounded like I believed in him, I do not. I think he is a latter day Ty Detmer, which ain't all that bad, I guess.