[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iggles fans

rajncajn

Is he even playing?

He says he will be out there no matter what and he'll "just gut it out." I tend to believe him considering his history of playing thru an injury. I'm hoping he is because even a hurt Joe Horn is better than a healthy Copper. I know he'll give it his all regardless, so I'm crossing my fingers. :D

He says he will be out there no matter what and he'll "just gut it out." I tend to believe him considering his history of playing thru an injury. I'm hoping he is because even a hurt Joe Horn is better than a healthy Copper. I know he'll give it his all regardless, so I'm crossing my fingers. :D

I hope he plays gimpy, too and steals a lot of Henderson's reps. Then he'll be seeing a lot of this!

I hope not. I took all the Saints receivers in the smackbowl EXCEPT for Horn thinking he wouldn't do much because of his lingering injuries. Who did I take in his place? Why former Saint Stallworth of course. You think Donte might come up big in a game against his old team? :D

I hope he plays gimpy, too and steals a lot of Henderson's reps. Then he'll be seeing a lot of this!

I'm going to can this response so that I only have to paste it when it's needed...

Joe Horn, Marques Colston and/or Terrance Copper have little effect on Devery Henderson's numbers. Henderson's role is a specific one in that he is the deep threat. He is there to stretch the field and turn in the big play when Payton/Brees dials it up. He's only topped 4 receptions once this entire season, even with Horn or Colston or both out.

I'm going to can this response so that I only have to paste it when it's needed...

Joe Horn, Marques Colston and/or Terrance Copper have little effect on Devery Henderson's numbers. Henderson's role is a specific one in that he is the deep threat. He is there to stretch the field and turn in the big play when Payton/Brees dials it up. He's only topped 4 receptions once this entire season, even with Horn or Colston or both out.

Putting aside the eagles-saints issue - Henderson can lollipop me....the one time i needed a big game out of him in FF think he went for 19 yds on one catch

I hope not. I took all the Saints receivers in the smackbowl EXCEPT for Horn thinking he wouldn't do much because of his lingering injuries. Who did I take in his place? Why former Saint Stallworth of course. You think Donte might come up big in a game against his old team? :D

I think this picture pretty much says it all.

Edited by rajncajn

Like I really care. I thought he started for Horn when he was out my bad. So, change my response to:

If Horn plays, expect him to see a lot of this!

Get the point? :D

this may sound crazy but last week i was more scared about us losing to the giants, then losing to the saints. only because everyone was saying that the eagles were going to blow out the giants, this week everyone says it will be close, but i feel that the eagles will win by 10 or more

METAIRIE, La. -- Four-time Pro Bowl receiver Joe Horn sat out significant portions of the New Orleans Saints' practice Tuesday, still bothered by the groin injury that caused him to miss the last four games of the regular season.

Horn

Saints coach Sean Payton said Horn, who had a pair of big touchdown catches in the victory over Philadelphia earlier this season, is questionable for the rematch Saturday night in the second round of the NFC playoffs.

"I was disappointed he wasn't able to practice," Payton said. "I think he's doing everything he can to get ready."

The Saints worked out Monday and Horn participated then. Payton said Horn has done "some things that are encouraging," since returning to practice last Friday.

"Today there was some soreness that came back," Payton said. "There's still enough soreness that keeps him from going full speed."

Horn, who had 37 catches for 679 yards and four touchdowns during the regular season, smiled when reminded that his best game of the season came against the Eagles, when he had six catches for 110 yards and touchdowns of 14 and 48 yards.

"I'm trying to get on the football field, you know? That game was the past," Horn said.

Horn remained adamant that he's doing everything he can to play.

"You win or you go home, and I don't want to have to sit on the sideline and witness that," Horn said. "I want to play in that football game and give everything I have. I want to be able to play, to help this organization and this city win a football game."

Horn has been with the Saints since the 2000 season, the last time they made the playoffs. The 11-year veteran has a strong bond with fans and has been one of the faces of the Saints since he arrived in New Orleans.

Payton, however, was determined not to let emotion be a factor in whether he includes Horn among the 46 who dress for the game.

"You've got to separate that. When you're looking at 46 on a roster and all of a sudden, that guy can't play and you were hoping he could, all of a sudden now you're down to 45," Payton said. "And so you had to put someone else inactive that may be able to help on special teams or might be able to help in another area."

Several of Horn's teammates, however, seemed convinced the veteran receiver was going to be ready to play.

"Just being around him, I know he's ready to get back," running back Reggie Bush said. "He's a playmaker. He's a fighter and I know once he gets on that field it's going to be all out."