[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What if the Bears...

TheGrunt

To set the tone of this scenario I'll begin by reminding everyone that I live in Seattle. My favorite team is by far the Niners, always will be. However, after a particular set of events (moving to Seattle last year during the Seahawks best NFL season. Ever. + Going to a few of the games + Having Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck on my fantasy team) I became familiar with the team, allowing myself to offer the 'Hawks a small portion of my broken heart -- a very small broken piece that I had allowed myself to give the Lions for four excruciating years. :pc:

Mind you, the other 99% of my football heart is locked away and kept very safe with the Niners.

So anyway, the point is that I hear a lot of different Seahawk fans and their 'hopes' for how this game is going to go down on Sunday. This isn't to say it's the only rant about how things "must happen" for our amazing Seahawks to win the game, it is however, an established statute of happenings that are characterized in this predicament the Seahawks are in against the Bears. This simple, yet brilliant ( :bash: ) theory of how this will end can be summarized like so: Rex Grossman will throw us the game. I can go into complex details and analytic imaginary's from many of the different stories I've heard in the last few days regarding Rex Grossman, and how he's going to throw interceptions, cause poor play, blah blah blah... Basically, the thought is that Grossman will help boost the Seahawks into a victory against the Bears. In essence, I can use a simple logic equation to theorize the outcome that will... must happen.

IF Rex Grossman plays like crap,

THEN the Seahawks will win. :lol::lol::lol:

:fool:

:huh:

:clap:

So here's where I think things get interesting....

What if the Bears pull The Greatest Surprise in NFL Playoff history?

What if they simply don't start Grossman? :brow: Only they don't announce it until five minutes before kickoff...Or at least benching Grossman after his first interception might actually be a good tactic. :D Griese is a solid veteran QB and can offer a new face behind the center, giving the Bears a quick advantage (at least short term) over the Seahawks because the Hawks prepared all week to play against Grossman. :doh: That'd be HUGH! Right? ;)

The other thing to consider is that Grossman might actually have a great game. Maybe even just an average or consistent game. If this happens I can easily admit the Bears will more than likely dominate the Seahawks. :(

Bears fans, how realistic is it to think Griese could actually go in there and get things done more consistently than Grossman? Any local media commenting on the possibility? Have the Bears already given up? Is it realistic to think Grossman will actually have a good game? :pc::D

Am I wrong to place 'Bears' and 'Greatest' in the same sentense? :tup: And lastly...

I haven't seen it in my lifetime, so... well... who exactly ARE da' Bears? :lol::bash:

This is going to be a cold game with likely blustery winds that should end up mostly DEF vs rushing for both teams. I'd be surprised if either team has much passing really.

This is going to be a cold game with likely blustery winds that should end up mostly DEF vs rushing for both teams. I'd be surprised if either team has much passing really.

28-29 isn't really all that cold but with the winds it will feel that way. A better day for running to be sure.

To set the tone of this scenario I'll begin by reminding everyone that I live in Seattle. My favorite team is by far the Niners, always will be. However, after a particular set of events (moving to Seattle last year during the Seahawks best NFL season. Ever. + Going to a few of the games + Having Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck on my fantasy team) I became familiar with the team, allowing myself to offer the 'Hawks a small portion of my broken heart -- a very small broken piece that I had allowed myself to give the Lions for four excruciating years. :bow:

Mind you, the other 99% of my football heart is locked away and kept very safe with the Niners.

So anyway, the point is that I hear a lot of different Seahawk fans and their 'hopes' for how this game is going to go down on Sunday. This isn't to say it's the only rant about how things "must happen" for our amazing Seahawks to win the game, it is however, an established statute of happenings that are characterized in this predicament the Seahawks are in against the Bears. This simple, yet brilliant ( :bash: ) theory of how this will end can be summarized like so: Rex Grossman will throw us the game. I can go into complex details and analytic imaginary's from many of the different stories I've heard in the last few days regarding Rex Grossman, and how he's going to throw interceptions, cause poor play, blah blah blah... Basically, the thought is that Grossman will help boost the Seahawks into a victory against the Bears. In essence, I can use a simple logic equation to theorize the outcome that will... must happen.

THEN the Seahawks will win. :lol::lol::pc:

What if they simply don't start Grossman? :brow: Only they don't announce it until five minutes before kickoff...Or at least benching Grossman after his first interception might actually be a good tactic. :D Griese is a solid veteran QB and can offer a new face behind the center, giving the Bears a quick advantage (at least short term) over the Seahawks because the Hawks prepared all week to play against Grossman. :doh: That'd be HUGH! Right? ;)

The other thing to consider is that Grossman might actually have a great game. Maybe even just an average or consistent game. If this happens I can easily admit the Bears will more than likely dominate the Seahawks. :(

Bears fans, how realistic is it to think Griese could actually go in there and get things done more consistently than Grossman? Any local media commenting on the possibility? Have the Bears already given up? Is it realistic to think Grossman will actually have a good game? :pc::D

Am I wrong to place 'Bears' and 'Greatest' in the same sentense? :tup: And lastly...

I haven't seen it in my lifetime, so... well... who exactly ARE da' Bears? :lol::bash:

Please :lol: this disaster of a post.

To set the tone of this scenario I'll begin by reminding everyone that I live in Seattle. My favorite team is by far the Niners, always will be. However, after a particular set of events (moving to Seattle last year during the Seahawks best NFL season. Ever. + Going to a few of the games + Having Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck on my fantasy team) I became familiar with the team, allowing myself to offer the 'Hawks a small portion of my broken heart -- a very small broken piece that I had allowed myself to give the Lions for four excruciating years. :pc:

THEN the Seahawks will win. :lol::lol::lol:

No one actually read that, did they?

Thanks for the insight and wit :D . Aside from the standard fare post… “team X sucks” I agree with you. I’ll be in Seattle this weekend and assuming I find myself in a bar while the game is on, I’ll be quietly watching to see if Grossman doesn’t hand the Seadogs a victory. The defense has carried this team this year, and this is truly evidenced by the Arizona game on Monday night. Grossman looked like he tried to lose that game but failed, and while Urlacher may not be God, he’s an insane talent. Fun to watch… the Bears win this unless the QB fails the team.

:D The punky QB is actually coming out of retirement for this game.

You better call him and let him know because according to him he never even watches ANY football. He says it's boring.

I would take him over Rex this week though. Rex needs one more year. He's basically a rookie still.

You better call him and let him know because according to him he never even watches ANY football. He says it's boring.

I would take him over Rex this week though. Rex needs one more year. He's basically a rookie still.

A rookie who's been playing in the NFL since 2003. :D

He's got some experience playing the game, but just not in the playoffs. This game will be a real gut-check for him... more power to him if he plays well too. I just don't see that happening.

A rookie who's been playing in the NFL since 2003. :D

He's got some experience playing the game, but just not in the playoffs. This game will be a real gut-check for him... more power to him if he plays well too. I just don't see that happening.

are you serious?

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+			 |			  Passing				  |	 Rushing	 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| 2003 chi |   3 |	38	72  52.8   437   6.1   2   1 |	 3	-1   0 || 2004 chi |   3 |	47	84  56.0   607   7.2   1   3 |	11	48   1 || 2005 chi |   2 |	20	39  51.3   259   6.6   1   2 |	 0	 0   0 || 2006 chi |  16 |   262   480  54.6  3193   6.7  23  20 |	24	 2   0 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+|  TOTAL   |  24 |   367   675  54.4  4496   6.7  27  26 |	38	49   1 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

are you serious?

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+			 |			  Passing				  |	 Rushing	 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| 2003 chi |   3 |	38	72  52.8   437   6.1   2   1 |	 3	-1   0 || 2004 chi |   3 |	47	84  56.0   607   7.2   1   3 |	11	48   1 || 2005 chi |   2 |	20	39  51.3   259   6.6   1   2 |	 0	 0   0 || 2006 chi |  16 |   262   480  54.6  3193   6.7  23  20 |	24	 2   0 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+|  TOTAL   |  24 |   367   675  54.4  4496   6.7  27  26 |	38	49   1 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Exactly. All the people previously calling him out as Glassman because he missed nearly all of his first three seasons are the same ones now saying he's a fully experienced four year veteran. :D

Exactly. All the people previously calling him out as Glassman because he missed nearly all of his first three seasons are the same ones now saying he's a fully experienced four year veteran. :D

I'm not saying he's a fully experienced veteran QB. That's pretty obvious just watching his inconsistency. But if you're a quarterback in the NFL with four years of learning, watching, and yes, even a little playing time in each year, it seems like a reasonable comment to suggest his playmaking ability lacks where it could be.

Look at third year Philip Rivers, for example.

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+			 |			  Passing				  |	 Rushing	 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| 2004 sdg |   2 |	 5	 8  62.5	33   4.1   1   0 |	 5	-5   0 || 2005 sdg |   3 |	12	22  54.5   115   5.2   0   1 |	 1	-1   0 || 2006 sdg |  16 |   284   460  61.7  3388   7.4  22   9 |	48	49   0 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+|  TOTAL   |  21 |   301   490  61.4  3536   7.2  23  10 |	54	43   0 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Philip Rivers has 1 less TD, 11 less INT's, and 195 more yards with 20 less attempts this year over Rex Grossman. River's is a younger QB, with less 'experience' than Grossman, so why is he much more successful throwing the ball? Oh yes. I know why. He's more consistent, accurate, and doesn't force the ball into situations where it isn't needed. Rex Grossman does, and considering the timeframe he's been in the league, it is my opinion that he should be showing more signs of understanding the way the NFL works; specifically the speed of play, and when not to make horrible decisions throwing the ball.