[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sagarin Final 2006-2007 Rankings.....

wildcat2334

Sagarin, final rankings by conference- and team- looks to be about right IMO- quality wins tell me a lot, especially after all is said and done after the Bowls. SEC clearly was the best conference, and I think his top 8 are on the mark........ Those 8 would make one hell of a playoff

NCAA Conference Rankings

wins v. top 10...................winsv. top 30

1. SEC...............5...............................31...............

2.BE..................3...............................7..................kind of a shocker

3.PAC 10...........5...............................14................

4. ACC..............0...............................11................

5. Big 10...........2.................................9................

6. Big 12...........0................................6................

Final Team Rankings

1. FLA

2. USC

3.LSU

4.OSU

5.LU

6.BSU

7.MICH

8. CAL

Sagarin, final rankings by conference- and team- looks to be about right IMO- quality wins tell me a lot, especially after all is said and done after the Bowls. SEC clearly was the best conference, and I think his top 8 are on the mark........ Those 8 would make one hell of a playoff

NCAA Conference Rankings

wins v. top 10...................winsv. top 30

1. SEC...............5...............................31...............

2.BE..................3...............................7..................kind of a shocker

3.PAC 10...........5...............................14................

4. ACC..............0...............................11................

5. Big 10...........2.................................9................

6. Big 12...........0................................6................

Final Team Rankings

1. FLA

2. USC

3.LSU

4.OSU

5.LU

6.BSU

7.MICH

8. CAL

I definitely think the top 8 is solid. However, having the Big East ranked 2nd is silly.

Not having a college football playoff is definitely towards the top of my list of things that anger me. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't care what format you want to use. My preference is to take the

Top 8 Teams, and make the 7 games of the tournament all bowl games. That way you keep the bowls in place.

That tournament would be so unbelievable popular. Look at March Madness. I don't really follow much college basketball, but, I'm glued to March Madness every year. A college football tournament would be simply amazing. Right now, I like the NFL more than College football and the only reason is the lack of a playoff.

Menudo- solid post- u feelin aight? :D

Yeah, they are missing the boat on those so badly it is unbelievable. They better make this work, because with the popularity of the NCAA tourney- a football playoff would be off the charts. March Madness is probly my favorit sporting event- the idea of an elite eight, final 4 in football would be sick.

I like sagarin in my coffee. The opinions of idiots does not compare with actually playing on the field. They actually get paid for this dreck? Top 25 with a play in game for some small conference and you have something special. Top 8 would be a start. The largest flaw with the current prom design of the bcs is that a few teams in large conferences turn into the ny yankees with regard to recruiting. If I were a top notch recruit, I would either go USC or FLA. I am looking for a little parity. Get it right and college football would be the greatest show on earth.

Edited by Bushey

FWIW here's "The Professor's" Final Poll:

1. Florida

2. Boise St.

3. USC

4. Ohio St.

5. L.S.U.

6. Louisville

7. Michigan

8. Wisconsin

9. Rutgers

10. BYU :D

11. Auburn

12. W. Virginia

13. California

14. Texas

15. Oklahoma

you swap BYU and OU, LSU and Wisconsin, and move Texas in front of Cal, and I agree completely :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Not having a college football playoff is definitely towards the top of my list of things that anger me. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't care what format you want to use. My preference is to take the

Top 8 Teams, and make the 7 games of the tournament all bowl games. That way you keep the bowls in place.

That tournament would be so unbelievable popular. Look at March Madness. I don't really follow much college basketball, but, I'm glued to March Madness every year. A college football tournament would be simply amazing. Right now, I like the NFL more than College football and the only reason is the lack of a playoff.

More popular than 5 games with 20+million viewers each? :D

1. Florida

2. Boise St. - drop em to 5 or 6

3. USC - 2nd

4. Ohio St. - no way ahead of LSU -

5. L.S.U. - 3rd

6. Louisville

7. Michigan

8. Wisconsin - drp em - the Big 10 stinks- period.

9. Rutgers

10. BYU :D - naw, drop em

11. Auburn - about right maybe up a tad

12. W. Virginia

13. California - naw - up to 8 or 9

14. Texas

15. Oklahoma

1. Florida

2. Boise St.

3. USC

4. Ohio St.

5. L.S.U.

6. Louisville

7. Michigan

8. Wisconsin

9. Rutgers

10. BYU :D

11. Auburn

12. W. Virginia

13. California

14. Texas

15. Oklahoma

How did the 1984 Cougars get in there? :D

My Top 20 National Ranking

1. LSU

2. Florida

3. Auburn

4. USC

5. Georgia (Tie)

Wisconsin (Tie)

6. Louisville

7. Penn State

8. Arkansas

9. Kentucky

10 Tennessee

11. South Carolina

12. Ohio State

13. California

13. West Virginia

12. Rutgers

13. Ole Miss

14. Michigan

15. BYU

16. Boise State

17. Notre Dame

18. Texas

19. Miss state

20. (Tie) Vanderbilt & Alabama

Edited by Rockerbraves

And we know this how? A computer program compiled a bunch of numbers and produced a magical ranking of teams.

:D If there were a playoff system in place actual performance on the field would produce a real final season ranking.

well done sir.

No sh1t - Just pointing out Sagarin's rankings, which are more accurate than the AP/ESPN polls.

Sagarin has been doing this for a while, and actually is nice to have some effing figures behind all these conference b1tch sessions that go on in here.

My Top 20 National Ranking

1. LSU

2. Florida

3. Auburn

4. USC

5. Georgia (Tie)

Wisconsin (Tie)

6. Louisville

7. Penn State

8. Arkansas

9. Kentucky

10 Tennessee

11. South Carolina

12. Ohio State

13. California

13. West Virginia

12. Rutgers

13. Ole Miss

14. Michigan

15. BYU

16. Boise State

17. Notre Dame

18. Texas

19. Miss state

20. (Tie) Vanderbilt & Alabama

OK ....... awaiting your "REAL" poll.

OSU #12, Boise St. #16, Penn St. #7, Ole Miss in the top 20? The drugs must be potent in the Bayou :D

Menudo- solid post- u feelin aight? :D

I make lots of them. I'm sure you do too. It just seems that when we are in a thread together, we are often on different ends of the argument. :D

I admit BYU was a bit of a surprise but look at how they dominated people. They lost 2 out of their first three and then won 10 in a row. Beating Oregon by 30 on a neutral field, even with Oregon having a down year, solidified my choice. Regardless of how OSU looked in the title game they beat LSU 3 out of 4 times.

Boise St. deserves a #2 ranking regardless of the conference they played in :D