[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those in the know?

PantherDave

So, I hear this kid is NFL ready, in saying that, does that mean ready to start at MLB in the NFL?? Some collegiate LB get some PT at OLB and then get moved to MLB, now I hate to use the comparison, but Morgan did step into the starting MLB role right outta Miami. I have now, of course, sold myself completely that Willis will be a Panther and will hopefully start or see significant time behind Draft(because there is no way they keep this up with Morgan :D ). I just see the LB corp as Anderson, Willis, and Davis-heck it even has a nice ring about as well.

Edited by PantherDave

So, I hear this kid is NFL ready, in saying that, does that mean ready to start at MLB in the NFL?? Some collegiate LB get some PT at OLB and then get moved to MLB, now I hate to use the comparison, but Morgan did step into the starting MLB role right outta Miami. I have now, of course, sold myself completely that Willis will be a Panther and will hopefully start or see significant time behind Draft(because there is no way they keep this up with Morgan :D ). I just see the LB corp as Anderson, Willis, and Davis-heck it even has a nice ring about as well.

MLB outta Ole Miss.

Stud, stud, stud.

I've got 4 picks in the first 19 of our IDP draft, and I'm not sure if I want to wait until 2.05 to grab him, even with all the O talent on the board. I'm thinking I'm going to use 1.13 on him.

So, this young man is the real deal then, just not some "had one good season so my draft stock is high"?

So, this young man is the real deal then, just not some "had one good season so my draft stock is high"?

He's a tackling machine, had some thin g like 137 tackles last season. Top ILB pros[ect so far in the draft. If he's at the Senior Bowl watch him.

From ESPN

Strengths: Possesses adequate size as a MLB prospect and still has room on his frame to improve bulk. Very instinctive linebacker. Reads and reacts quickly. Shows very good lateral quickness and initial burst. He takes solid angles in pursuit and does a good job of sifting through traffic. Lacks ideal bulk but is powerful enough to take on blocks in the phone booth. He explodes through tackles and is reliable in space. A sideline-to-sideline pursuit linebacker. Shows good agility and fluidness in coverage. Gets a deep drop in zone and displays above average range. Can match up versus most tight ends and running backs one-on-one. Displays good burst and instincts as a blitzer, as well. Is a leader and hard-worker. Plays through pain and leads by example.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk and likely will need to fill out his frame 5-to-10 more pounds in the NFL. Displays very good upper-body power but lacks great lower body strength. Plays a bit high at times and will let too many defenders get into his body. Will have some trouble anchoring in the phone booth versus bigger iso-blockers that are able to engulf him. He is above average in terms of range in coverage, but he still has some athletic limitations vs. faster running backs out of the backfield. He also displays below average ball skills in coverage. Recent durability issues (see: Historie) give reason for monitoring moving forward.

Overall: Willis played in all 13 games in 2003 as a true freshman, making 20 total tackles and one tackle for loss. In 2004, he saw action in 10 of 11 games and finished the year with 70 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss, five sacks, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble. Willis earned first team All-SEC honors (Associated Press, coaches) after the 2005 season when he started the 10 contests he played in and recorded 128 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, one interception, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. He missed the Wyoming game (9/24) with a knee injury and battled several other injuries including a broken finger, a sprained knee, a foot sprain, and a partially separated AC shoulder joint. Willis also missed spring practice in 2006 after having off-season foot surgery.

Willis has flown somewhat under the radar from a national college football perspective, but NFL scouts have been clamoring over his pro potential since he broke through as a fulltime starter in 2004. Willis must continue to add bulk to his frame and he needs to bounce back from off-season foot surgery. Assuming he does, Willis has the instincts, range and explosive power to warrant first round consideration as the top inside linebacker selected in next year's draft.

Here’s the compilation I have on him:

6” 1 ½” 235 lbs 4.62/40

Former star RB/WR in HS & all-state basketball player.

Has enough speed to play DB. Led DIV I schools in solo tackles in ’05 with 90 along with 38 assists, followed with 87 solos & 50 assists in ’06. Great scraper with a nose for the ball, plays well in space, takes great angles, could wrap better & likes to make the big hit. Will play in coverage packages because he has the speed/skills to cover TEs & RBs. Very fluid hips & can change direction without regathering & losing speed.

Thanks Randall and BB-I'm sold. He'd look good in a Panthers uni for sure!!!

but but Dan Morgan was medically cleared to play again

:D

:D

While he's projected as the first LB off the board this year, from the mocks I've seen, he isn't going until the late middle of the 1st round. Quite a few drafts have him going around #19 to TEN. I'm not sure how BUF will get him with the 18th pick before CAR has a shot with the 11th pick, unless they are so in love with him that they trade way up. Then again, I'm seeing CAR projected to take a S.

Edited by Bronco Billy

While he's projected as the first LB off the board this year, from the mocks I've seen, he isn't going until the late middle of the 1st round. Quite a few drafts have him going around #19 to TEN. I'm not sure how BUF will get him with the 18th pick before CAR has a shot with the 11th pick, unless they are so in love with him that they trade way up. Then again, I'm seeing CAR projected to take a S.

I don't see them taking a S until Rd 2,as they drafted Nate Sally last year from OSU and will attempt to develop him before taking another S. Is it a need, yes, more so than LB, in my eyes no.

I believe your draft order is skewed, as the Bills are 12th and the Panthers 14th.

I believe your draft order is skewed, as the Bills are 12th and the Panthers 14th.

I believe that you are absolutely correct & that I was looking at an outdated draft order.

BB -------------> :D <----------------PD

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't see them taking a S until Rd 2,as they drafted Nate Sally last year from OSU and will attempt to develop him before taking another S. Is it a need, yes, more so than LB, in my eyes no.

I've seen him go to Carolina a lot in mocks, but that's just mocks.

Like this one, and this one, and this one, and this one.

These mocks aren't very professional(probably) but he goes there about half the time. LB'ers normally don't go that high.

Stud, stud, stud.

I've got 4 picks in the first 19 of our IDP draft, and I'm not sure if I want to wait until 2.05 to grab him, even with all the O talent on the board. I'm thinking I'm going to use 1.13 on him.

:D You don't think he'll be gone by 1.13 in a dynasty IDP draft? Can I join your league???

Edited by darin3

:D You don't think he'll be gone by 1.13 in a dynasty IDP draft? Can I join your league???

We'd love to have you in the league.

There's always a premium on the skill O players in our league. O players score more than D players because we start 8 O players (including f'n Ks) against 12 D players (including f'n Ps).

The 1st LB in each the past past 5 yrs went (14 teams):

'02 2.09) Napoleon Harris, LB, OAK

----------------------------------------------

'03 1.14) Terrell Suggs, LB, BAL (really being drafted as a DE)

'03 2.02) Boss Bailey, LB, DET

------------------------------------------

'04 2.05) Jonathan Vilma, LB, NYJ

'05 2.01) Demarcus Ware, LB, DAL

'06 1.12) AJ Hawk, LB, GB

Edited by Bronco Billy

We'd love to have you in the league.

There's always a premium on the skill O players in our league. O players score more than D players because we start 8 O players (including f'n Ks) against 12 D players (including f'n Ps).

The 1st LB in each the past past 5 yrs went (14 teams):

'02 2.09) Napoleon Harris, LB, OAK

----------------------------------------------

'03 1.14) Terrell Suggs, LB, BAL (really being drafted as a DE)

'03 2.02) Boss Bailey, LB, DET

'04 2.05) Jonathan Vilma, LB, NYJ

'05 2.01) Demarcus Ware, LB, DAL

'06 1.12) AJ Hawk, LB, GB

Ah, alright. :D