[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl XL on NFL Network

TheGrunt

Those of you lucky enough to have the NFL Network channel can watch Super Bowl XL all over again! :tup:

It just started, so I thought I'd let everyone know if they were interested in watching the game. I wonder if there will be a different outcome? :D No? :bash:

Damn... :D

Watching on Hi-Def you can actually see a light yellow tint to the refs old uniforms. :clap:

Those of you lucky enough to have the NFL Network channel can watch Super Bowl XL all over again! :tup:

It just started, so I thought I'd let everyone know if they were interested in watching the game. I wonder if there will be a different outcome? :D No? :bash:

Damn... :D

Watching on Hi-Def you can actually see a light yellow tint to the refs old uniforms. :clap:

Oh, What the heck, I'm a glutton for punishment... :doh:

Oh, What the heck, I'm a glutton for punishment... :bash:

It's at half time right now, and watching it again isn't so bad. Both teams played a very good defensive battle in the first half, but that Rothlisberger touchdown... :D Get's me every time. I never stop wondering how the ref actually ruled that a touchdown.

Maybe the second half will be different. :D

It's at half time right now, and watching it again isn't so bad. Both teams played a very good defensive battle in the first half, but that Rothlisberger touchdown... :D Get's me every time. I never stop wondering how the ref actually ruled that a touchdown.

You're right, after all the misery it caused me, I had kind of forgotten how good a game it was. 13 minutes left in the game, the Hawks look great driving down the field, only down by 4. Pass complete to Jerramy Stevens at the one!

Just turn it off right there, before the holding penalty and it all goes south...

That was one bad call but I truly didn't realize how much the refs gave this game away with the bad calls. The holding penalty in the 4th qtr. on Locklear for the Hawks against Haggans was a total blown call and the result of that play would have been first and goal at the Steelers 1 probably a TD for the Hawks and the score would've been 17-14 Hawks. Any way the very next play Hasselbeck throws a pick to Ike Taylor and then tackles him but gets called for a chop block when tackling Ike and they add more penalty yards on. What a JOKE!!! This game could've very easily been won by the Seahawks!!! :bash:

And P.S. I'm a Cowboy fan so you know I don't feel bad for the Seahawks but what's right is right and what's wrong is well... you know.

Edited by irish

:D

Well there's one satisfied customer. What's done is done, right? Steelers are reigning Champs, you don't care how it happened!!!!! :D

That was one bad call but I truly didn't realize how much the refs gave this game away with the bad calls. The holding penalty in the 4th qtr. on Locklear for the Hawks against Haggans was a total blown call and the result of that play would have been first and goal at the Steelers 1 probably a TD for the Hawks and the score would've been 17-14 Hawks. Any way the very next play Hasselbeck throws a pick to Ike Taylor and then tackles him but gets called for a chop block when tackling Ike and they add more penalty yards on. What a JOKE!!! This game could've very easily been won by the Seahawks!!! :D

And P.S. I'm a Cowboy fan so you know I don't feel bad for the Seahawks but what's right is right and what's wrong is well... you know.

+4

You're right, after all the misery it caused me, I had kind of forgotten how good a game it was. 13 minutes left in the game, the Hawks look great driving down the field, only down by 4. Pass complete to Jerramy Stevens at the one!

Just turn it off right there, before the holding penalty and it all goes south...

:bash:

:tup: That's actually the exact spot I stopped watching. I didn't want to deal with going through the whole process of coming back to terms with the NFL 'business' as a whole and its legitimacy. I've accepted the NFL's apology in the form of karma. :clap:

Well there's one satisfied customer. What's done is done, right? Steelers are reigning Champs, you don't care how it happened!!!!! :D

If the refs screwed up and called it the other way I'm sure he'd feel the same way. :D

What else is there for you to do in January? :clap:

BTW, You can watch those same Seahawks, live, this Sunday morning :D

Yes, they had an impressive 9-7 season in the worst division in football. I was phenomenally impressed...... :bash:

However, you are right, they are in and we are not...... :D

If the refs screwed up and called it the other way I'm sure he'd feel the same way. :D

Actually, I think I would be very angry that my team and coach handled their two minute offense like a bad high school team, that they allowed the opponent's running back to race for a record-breaking TD run, untouched, that they allowed the opponent to run the same gadget play successfully that was all over the film because they had run it during the season, most of all, I'd be angry that the only thing I could do was complain about the refs, because the opposing franchise had just won their 5th Lombardi trophy, while we were still sitting on a goose egg. That is how I would feel. :D

Actually, I think I would be very angry that my team and coach handled their two minute offense like a bad high school team, that they allowed the opponent's running back to race for a record-breaking TD run, untouched, that they allowed the opponent to run the same gadget play successfully that was all over the film because they had run it during the season, most of all, I'd be angry that the only thing I could do was complain about the refs, because the opposing franchise had just won their 5th Lombardi trophy, while we were still sitting on a goose egg. That is how I would feel. :D

There was a blatant hold at the LOS on that play allowing Parker to break through. Yes, we were very angry about that.

There was a blatant hold at the LOS on that play allowing Parker to break through. Yes, we were very angry about that.

:D:D:bash:

I love it, they even want to make up penalties as well as overturn the ones that were called.

I heard Seattle was working on a different time clock and that is why they blew the last 2 minutes of the first half. Also heard that all the balls Stevens dropped were because of bacon grease only used on balls when it was Seattle's balls.

And all the bad punts and FG attempts, those balls were filled with water.

Oh and I think the reverse pass for a TD should be looked at closely, cause the Steelers used a magician to make Hines Ward disappear and re-appear wide open for a TD

Hasselback's INT, there were 53 men on the field for Pittsburgh's defense, just watch the replay.

Edited by SteelerMurf

:bash::D:clap:

I love it, they even want to make up penalties as well as overturn the ones that were called.

I heard Seattle was working on a different time clock and that is why they blew the last 2 minutes of the first half. Also heard that all the balls Stevens dropped were because of bacon grease only used on balls when it was Seattle's balls.

Oh and I think the reverse pass for a TD should be looked at closely, cause the Steelers used a magician to make Hines Ward disappear and re-appear wide open for a TD

Hasselback's INT, there were 53 men on the field for Pittsburgh's defense, just watch the replay.

Funny stuff, but go watch that play. A would-be tackler was grabbed and swung around opposite the way of FWP.

Yes, we blew the clock management. We like doing that once in a while :D

The fact that Stealer fans are still fiercely trying to defend the validity of a nearly year old game speaks VOLUMES. :D

Actually, what else do we have to do right now ? :D

I think the fact that the Seahawk fans are still crying about the Super Bowl when they have a playoff game this week speaks volumes..... :bash:

:D:D:bash:

Actually, the funny thing about a holding penalty is that it can be called on almost any given play. It simply depends on the refs feelings about it.

For example, in high school football if one team is trying to run up the score of a game, it is an actual ref rule for them to look into calling a holding penalty on the team running up the score. This is because holding is so up-in-the-air, meaning there are no strict guidelines for which a ref can call a holding penalty or not, that they can pretty much call a holding penalty on any given play.

During last years Super Bowl it was a though every major play the Seahawks made, the refs called a holding penalty or "blocking" penalty on a tackle???? Yet, when the Steelers make a huge play, and do have a blatent holding penalty, nothing gets called.

I'm pretty sure the whole reason there are people still talking about the legitimacy of the game is because of the calls made during last years Super Bowl. It really puts things into perspective how much the refs can dictate a game.

Let's take a look at this ref influence and put it to rest shall we?

There were 3 penalties called on Seattle in the entire 2nd half and one of those is a non-disputable false start. So you mean to tell me Seattle is down 7-3 at the half, only get 2 judgement penalties called against them in the entire 2nd half, yet they want to cry that the officials gave the game away.

If you can't overcome 4 pts and a perceived 2 bad penalties in an entire half of a superbowl...how good were you? And those to calls in question were on the same drive

There is a laundry list of reasons the Seahawks could not beat Steelers and it swamps the couple calls they want to cry about.

Edited by SteelerMurf