[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl XL on NFL Network

TheGrunt

Let's take a look at this ref influence and put it to rest shall we?

There were 3 penalties called on Seattle in the entire 2nd half and one of those is a non-disputable false start. So you mean to tell me Seattle is down 7-3 at the half, only get 2 judgement penalties called against them in the entire 2nd half, yet they want to cry that the officials gave the game away.

If you can't overcome 4 pts and a perceived 2 bad penalties in an entire half of a superbowl...how good were you? And those to calls in question were on the same drive

There is a laundry list of reasons the Seahawks could not beat Steelers and it swamps the couple calls they want to cry about.

All I have to say is the perfect image from Super Bowl XL was the ref running in to spot the ball on Big Ben's sneak at the goal line, then inexplicably calling it a touchdown halfway there, after Ben had scooted the ball over the line. I didn't think NFL refs actually fell for that.

:D

I might as well add some interesting facts from the game as well:

Seattle dropped as many passes (five) as Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward caught.

Franchises making their first Super Bowl appearance are 4-14 against franchises that already have a Super Bowl appearance.

Pittsburgh won despite Ben Roethlisberger finishing with a 22.6 rating. If every pass a quarterback throws falls to the ground incomplete, his rating is 39.6.

At one juncture Seattle had run 43 plays and committed no turnovers, yet scored just three points.

Pittsburgh didn't record their initial first down until the second quarter

All I have to say is the perfect image from Super Bowl XL was the ref running in to spot the ball on Big Ben's sneak at the goal line, then inexplicably calling it a touchdown halfway there, after Ben had scooted the ball over the line. I didn't think NFL refs actually fell for that.

Franchises making their first Super Bowl appearance are 4-14 against franchises that already have a Super Bowl appearance.

Pittsburgh won despite Ben Roethlisberger finishing with a 22.6 rating. If every pass a quarterback throws falls to the ground incomplete, his rating is 39.6.

At one juncture Seattle had run 43 plays and committed no turnovers, yet scored just three points.

You left out the most important fact of all:

Steelers 21

Seahawks 10

:bash:

OK, so "if" he is marked at down at the 1 inch line, it doesn't mean they don't get 7 pts or at least 3, see you can't say marking Alexander at the 2 yard line is an automatic 7 pts, while marking Ben down at the 1 inch line is an automatic 0 pts.....you can't have it both ways

This proves Seattle did not play good enough to win....Duh thanks for proving my point

OK, good to see that Seattle held up their end of bargain.

That's why it's a team game, congrats, the Seahawks did have the better QB, sorry that the rest of your team didn't follow suit.

At one juncture Seattle had run 43 plays and committed no turnovers, yet scored just three points. You forgot 2 missed FGs in there and 3 punts into the endzone in the first half alone. The refs have nothing to do with that. This stat shows that the refs were really a small part of your inept offensive performance. We'll give you an extra 4 points for Djax's pushoff TD. Congrats you only lost 21-14.

OK, if the game ended early in the 2nd quarter Seahawks would have won

see my responses in red above, you are reaching

Enjoy the last 2 weeks! It may end up a win-win, since after last weekend's improbable victory, the 'Hawks could be THIS year's Steelers! :D

Yep, last year proved that you never know. The Seahawks actually are quite talented, it just seems that they haven't been playing up to their abilities lately.

Yep, last year proved that you never know. The Seahawks actually are quite talented, it just seems that they haven't been playing up to their abilities lately.

Seattle just seems like a very sloppy team. They always seem to be living on the edge. Always taking a last second drive to get into FG range to beat teams they should have put away early in the game.

but Chicago has been looking really bad so I actually think Seattle will win. And that will be good cause I want Rivera to come on over to Pittsburgh now, cause that is who I think the Rooneys are after and why they just didn't name Whiz or Grimm coach yet.

Didn't try very hard did ya? Where exactly is the pro-Steeler stat from the Superbowl?

They really don't have many. That's the problem I ran into as well.

The only positive stat that the Steelers really had a higher number in was the score. And we all know the story on that one. :D

They really don't have many. That's the problem I ran into as well.

The only positive stat that the Steelers really had a higher number in was the score. And we all know the story on that one. :D

So basically you were not being unbiased, as I had said.

I already pointed out the reasons your excuses fall short, very short. Urban legends, they are not based on fact, just like this ref screwed the Hawks rumor.

Edited by SteelerMurf