[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Conspiracy Theorist

Chief Dick

I don't believe the NFL has a problem like this but I'm less convinced about the NBA.

Steve Czaban, a sports guy from the Washington area, has often said that the NBA doesn't so much fix the OUTCOMES of games as they fix the circumstances of games - they want games close, with the "stars" playing, so that's what the officiating crew calls - they call the game to keep it close (hence the team that is ahead will get more fouls called) and they use the "Star System" so that the name player don't foul out.

Even so, refereeing to a predetermined set of circumstances has compromised the NBA beyond belief. I think trying to rig the outcomes through refereeing would be blatantly obvious and destroy whatever league attempted to do so.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good way to sum it up. I for one hope that this stuff doesn't occur. But sometimes you watch a game and say to yourself: "Are the officials watching the same game? That call was so obvious"

Then again, how many times do you see a call and go "WHAT IS HE LOOKING AT?" - and then super slo-mo reveals that the ref made a GOOD call.

Figuring 120-130 offensive plays per game plus another 10-15 special teams play, how many times do you really see a "Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian?" call? And many times a subsequent iffy call going the "other" way is a clear make-up.

Overall, I think it's pretty rare where you can say an officiating crew appears to be terrible for one team but fine for another; badly officiated games are bad both ways.

I really do have a hard time believing conspiracy theories, NBA, NFL, MLB...any sport really. If they are rigged, it has to be the most elaborate complex secret ever contrived, and kept hidden by thousands of players over years and years.

Nobody tell Jose Canseco...ssssshhhhhhh

Do you people even watch football? From these dumbass posts I will say no.

Is there some conspiracy that makes a receiver put one foot out of bounds on a 12 yard 3 down hook route?

Is it evil vegas that makes maraive harrison drop a sure catch for 15 yards in the 4th quarter?

Sure, it's easy to see a games outcome and second guess what brand of gasoline they put in their beemer, but watch the game tards, it's not all that easy.

That being said, the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY did no deserve to win last year.

agree completely.

jk on the last post but that would be a huge dissapointment, good story and all but seriously the Chargers, Bears, Seahawks, Pats, or Colts. Anyone but the Saints.

It's a shame you were joking.

But if you get lucky enough to make it past da bears be thinking about how much money you would like to lose next week. It would be so sweet to shut you up for another year.

I've been saying that that the Saints season is rigged since they beat the Falcons (week 3 was it? I'm too lazy to look it up).

New coach, new QB, new RB/old injured RB, rookie WR exploding, completely new offensive scheme. Sorry but there's just too much stuff going on with the Saints for me to confidently say this team is doing it all on their own. Granted, having a nice regular season, having a first round bye, and playing a half-strength (sans McNabb and Sheppard) Eagles team did help the Saints' cause.

I'd like to see these guys get their clocks cleaned. Personally, I'm tired of feel good stories.

Edited by Gros Membres!

I've been saying that that the Saints season is rigged since they beat the Falcons (week 3 was it? I'm too lazy to look it up).

New coach, new QB, new RB/old injured RB, rookie WR exploding, completely new offensive scheme. Sorry but there's just too much stuff going on with the Saints for me to confidently say this team is doing it all on their own. Granted, having a nice regular season, having a first round bye, and playing a half-strength (sans McNabb and Sheppard) Eagles team did help the Saints' cause.

I'd like to see these guys get their clocks cleaned. Personally, I'm tired of feel good stories.

You're a fool for one of two reasons:

- you actually believe this b.s., or

- you are CORRECT in believing this b.s. yet still support a sport that plays you for a fool.

I lean towards the former, but the latter is possible. Unlikely, but possible.

If you think it's rigged then either you haven't been watching our games or you're letting the analysts do your talking for you and the Saints stopped being just a feel-good story back when we beat the Cowboys in week 14. :D

You're a fool for one of two reasons:

- you actually believe this b.s., or

- you are CORRECT in believing this b.s. yet still support a sport that plays you for a fool.

I lean towards the former, but the latter is possible. Unlikely, but possible.

If by fool do you mean a person of incredible candor and integrity, Chavez? I love the sport but hate the industry/capitalist machine it has become (yes, I turn off the announcers and listen to the radio when possible).

After playing host to the terrible Saints in my hometown of San Antonio and trudging out to the games to watch them get their a$$es handed to them several times last year, I still have a hard time fathoming how these guys can march all the way to the SB with not even a full year with a new regime. It seems as though I'm alone on this.

If by fool do you mean a person of incredible candor and integrity, Chavez? I love the sport but hate the industry/capitalist machine it has become (yes, I turn off the announcers and listen to the radio when possible).

After playing host to the terrible Saints in my hometown of San Antonio and trudging out to the games to watch them get their a$$es handed to them several times last year, I still have a hard time fathoming how these guys can march all the way to the SB with not even a full year with a new regime. It seems as though I'm alone on this.

Take a look at the difference between the rosters from this year and last year. Payton is a better coach than Haslett. They got two impact rookies on offense and a pro-bowl QB in the prime of his career. Free agency, drafting, and coaching changes made a perfect storm of change in New Orleans. No pun intended.

Take a look at the difference between the rosters from this year and last year. Payton is a better coach than Haslett. They got two impact rookies on offense and a pro-bowl QB in the prime of his career. Free agency, drafting, and coaching changes made a perfect storm of change in New Orleans. No pun intended.

Indeed.

But I'd buckle up if I were taking that bandwagon to Chicago this week.

If you think the NFL is playing games, then you should move to college or HS football, is all I'm saying.

As Egret said:

- better coach

- better RBs in McAllister being back and effective, and Bush falling to them

- better OL play

The defense was only a bit better, but given the uptick in offensive production, it was good enough. These swings happen, to teams that the NFL has NO vested interest in promoting (who cared about St Louis in '99, or Baltimore in '00? Nobody aside from their fans, that's who).

I can't believe it just hit me. Everyone is forgetting where the NFL's true bias is in this year's playoffs. It is clearly a conspiracy. Last year it was Bettis.....this year, it is becoming clear.....

The NFL wants to get Vinny Testeverde a ring !!!!!

If you think the NFL is playing games, then you should move to college or HS football, is all I'm saying.

It's no use arguing with you...you can be a real tool.

As far as the 'Aints go - Reggie Bush is still unproven at this level of the playoffs, Drew Brees has never won a big game, and Payton is a first year head coach.

Decent team, sure. SB caliber team? Still to be determined.