[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Conspiracy Theorist

Chief Dick

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the 'Aints Bears go - Reggie Bush Cedric Benson is still unproven at this level of the playoffs, Drew Brees Rex Grossman has never won a big game, and Payton Lovie is a master.

Decent team, sure. SB caliber team? Still to be determined.

What is your point Sparky?

Okay, let me put it this way - if you think the NFL is fixing games, why do you continue to watch?

Why I watch? I play in a few FF league for cash and pride. :D

Strategy, execution (or non execution) of said strategy, and some of the best athletes known to man. It's football, man. I watch it because I f*in love it, grew up with it, played it, and always will love it no matter how saturated by media or money it becomes.

Loving football does not equal loving the Saints (and their incredible run thus year).

Loving football does not equal loving the Saints (and their incredible run thus year).

I don't have any special love for the Saints - I like the big-play potential of their O, it's fun to watch, but aside from that nothing.

But if the NFL is manipulating (or attempting to) games, they're playing you (and everyone else) for a fool. Once I realized that's how the NBA operated - one step above pro wrestling - I was DONE.

Whoa, hold up here. The NBA manipulates the outcome of games? Do you have proof? If it happens in the NBA why do you not think it's happening in the NFL?

Let's just say I don't think the NFL does so; so I don't have a problem watching the games. You appear to think that they DO yet you still watch the games.

Your stance doesn't compute for me.

I'm quite possibly the only person that thinks that refs do an excellant job. We second guess them after looking at plays in slo-mo at many different angles. Rarely is something called that was non-existent.

To think that refs are bad because they miss a few calls a game is way too stringent of a standard to hold them. Some people are just sore losers and refs are any easy target for them. I know people who complain about every close play and they feel it is always their team that got screwed. Some people are just complainers and can never take responsibility (or have their team take responsibility) for anything. When have you ever heard someone say that the refs gave them the game? Nope, it's always sour grapes.

That being said, it could be possible for some refs to be corrupt. Players and coaches make way too much money now, so they are above it. However, refs make much less and might possibly be swayed by some big bucks. But if this corruption were widespread, then someone would get caught eventually. And to make specific accusations is pretty ridiculous.

+1

I'm quite possibly the only person that thinks that refs do an excellant job. We second guess them after looking at plays in slo-mo at many different angles. Rarely is something called that was non-existent.

To think that refs are bad because they miss a few calls a game is way too stringent of a standard to hold them. Some people are just sore losers and refs are any easy target for them. I know people who complain about every close play and they feel it is always their team that got screwed. Some people are just complainers and can never take responsibility (or have their team take responsibility) for anything. When have you ever heard someone say that the refs gave them the game? Nope, it's always sour grapes.

That being said, it could be possible for some refs to be corrupt. Players and coaches make way too much money now, so they are above it. However, refs make much less and might possibly be swayed by some big bucks. But if this corruption were widespread, then someone would get caught eventually. And to make specific accusations is pretty ridiculous.

I agree as well. If you wanna see bad or fixed officiating, watch the NHL for a few days. It's the only sport I know of that the ref's can call a penalty because one player looked at the other wrong :D. At least that's the way it seems.............

Z

I don't think we'll have to worry about this issue for much longer, as the Bears will vanquish the Saints this weekend. They aren't called the 'Aints for nothin. I believe that may have been only their first or second ever playoff victory, and the run ends here. Sub 30 degrees on Sunday as the Bears send 'em back to the Big Easy!

I don't think we'll have to worry about this issue for much longer, as the Bears will vanquish the Saints this weekend. They aren't called the 'Aints for nothin. I believe that may have been only their first or second ever playoff victory, and the run ends here. Sub 30 degrees on Sunday as the Bears send 'em back to the Big Easy!

History is nice but it doesn't mean squat on a game-to-game basis.

You may want to talk to some of your Bear-fan brethren hereabouts, they'll tell you EXACTLY why NO worries them.