[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My apology to fellow Saints Huddlers

Rockerbraves

I defintely grew up with a "How are they going to F this one up?" attitude as a Sox fan.

Yep - most of my relatives in New England (from 8 to 80) had that attitude until they won (they actually still do for th emost part)

That's what I'm getting at - I'm like that with the Phillies now, and due to the year before teh strike when they lost to Tampa, I'm like that with the Flyers (not that it seems it'll matter for a while), but with the Eagles I've been very much : we're goign to win.

I think this game/this season will be the end of that if they don't at least make the superbowl

Edited by xMRogers

Funny. I remember when I was 12 or 13, out in the yard with a buddy of mine, and my Dad came outside and said "Hey Darin, the Saints just scored!". I guess they were playing the Rams (when they were in L.A.) and the game had gone back and forth like a heavyweight fight. Anyways, my buddy laughed at me (well, I guess he really was poking fun at my Dad :D ) for the random-ness of that statement. Like "who cares?". I grew up associating the :D with the Saints (err, the "Aints"). They were a complete joke.

Funny you live out in Orange County the site of my only Saints road game a Saints 37 Rams 14 win. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when the Rams decided to move the team to St. Louis considering the lack of enthusiastic fans that attended that game. Just curious do you really think they would support a team any better now?

Funny you live out in Orange County the site of my only Saints road game a Saints 37 Rams 14 win. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when the Rams decided to move the team to St. Louis considering the lack of enthusiastic fans that attended that game. Just curious do you really think they would support a team any better now?

Not sure. USC has been a huge draw for several years now, and of course the Chargers have exploded onto the scene. Being a Bears fan, I never got to really liking the Rams (or the Raiders for that matter). So honestly I'm not too sure.

Not sure. USC has been a huge draw for several years now, and of course the Chargers have exploded onto the scene. Being a Bears fan, I never got to really liking the Rams (or the Raiders for that matter). So honestly I'm not too sure.

Recall being out on the beach at Newport Beach when a car drove by blowing the horn like crazy and waving some type of a green banner. I had to ask at least a dozen people what was up before I got the answer. Apparently Brazil had just won a World Cup just down the road in Los Angeles. Think that says alot about the sports fans in that region of the country. IMO the problem is in southern California you have too many other things to do than supporting a professional sport.

I completely understand your point rocker and I felt the same way. I stayed away from the avi bet for fear of jinxing the game or bad kharma. Someone over at SR put it best today....

“Face it, we have to learn to be fans of a winning football team.”

Like the coach's tell the players, "Act like you have been there before..." is something I think about.

The only people I know who have worn Saints gear in public prior to this season are indeed true Naw'orlens yaks that never attended LSU and could care less about the Tigers. :D

I have been wearing mine in public for years in the middle of NFC North country in Iowa.

I think it's all relative to the situation:

Growing up in Colorado, all we had was the Broncos. Now admittedly, they had great success through the Elway years, but believe me it was tough being a fan. After they got crushed in those 3 Super Bowls, people basically thought you were a joke if they saw you walking around with an orange jersey on (I had moved away by then). It didn't matter that they had topped all the other AFC teams to get to the Super Bowl-------everyone only remembered the embarrassing defeats. Still, I wore my colors and took the abuse.

When the time came for Denver to play Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I remember feeling exactly the same as you Saints fans. I expected defeat. I expected to feel like crap. And I didn't dare get my hopes up. Part of that was due to the fact that for two weeks the media pounded into our heads that there was no way Denver could best the Packers. But mostly, it was that dark dread creeping back into the pit of my stomach from years of watching the Broncos come so close, only to lose.

Well, we all know the rest of the story.

There are only three times in my life that I cried tears of happiness----when my two children were born, and the day that Denver beat the Packers in the SB. That feeling will stay with me the rest of my life.

My point of this post is that Saints fans should wear their colors proudly, because one day they will be rewarded, and you don't want to feel like the guy who didn't believe in his team, through good AND bad times.

GEAUX SAINTS!!

Think I might have pulled something about that time. Geez they sure made it interesting. Bill Buckner flashed thru my mind. :D

Would have really put a damper on the guys career now that you mention it. I think he would have got booed everytime he came on the field for Deuce next year.