[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fassell to the Raiders?

Savage Beatings

Anybody else hear anything about this? its just a rumor of course, but I heard them talking on KFAN on my way to work this morning that the Raiders might be very interested in Jim Fassell as their next head coach.

Gees, that's just like kicking someone when their down. I mean does experience really make that big of a difference for potential candidates even when most of that experience is as a collossal failure?

01/11 18:14 Raiders: Collecting Fassel?

The News

Former Giants head coach Jim Fassel interviewed with the Raiders on Thursday for their open head coaching position. Fassel began the 2006 season as the Ravens offensive coordinator, but was relieved of his duties during the season.

Our View

Fassel is not a very exciting name in the coaching world right now, after being fired by the Ravens. The Raiders may be limited in who they can attract to take the job, and Fassel could be one of their better options.

Seems he may be their best and only option. :D

This guy used to have a reputation as an offensive guru who was especially good in developing QBs. And truth be told, he did take the Giants to the Super Bowl and certainly got the best out of Kerry Collins. But he was an absolute failure in Baltimore and did little to nothing for Kyle Boller, I'd be shocked if the Raiders chose him. I think they'd be much better off giving a shot to a young up-and-comer rather than recycling Fassel.

Why do teams keep going back to retread, proven loser coaches? Give the defensive coordinator a shot, worked out when they hired Madden!

Reminds me of the mid 90's when the Phoenix Suns brought back an ancient Cotton Fitzsimmons to coach the team. Good move for the future...

I believe Ryan deserves the shot. Haven't seen enough of Raider games but he looks like a coach the players respect and play hard for.

:D

Ryan has done nothing buy good things with this defense and has earned their respect over the past several years.

With a very good OC, he would make a great head coach. But I don't think he can handle the offense with a bed and breakfast owner, he would need someone fairly moderate like Fassell.