[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts/Ravens Game Thread

cdrudge

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see the replay of Dwight Freeney take on Jonathan Ogden head-to-head? :D

Ogden pretty much dominated Freeney. Beautiful play in the trenches if you ask me.

Who else besides Walter Jones, Jonathon Ogden, and Orlando Pace dominate this much at the Left-Tackle position?

Yes. I've been watching them a good bit all day. I love watching individual match-ups between two great players, like that one. Ogden is phenomenal. Great offensive lineman deserve mor props. Alan Faneca is probably the 2nd most important player on the Steelers team (behind Polamalu), and you'd have an argument for him being first. When the Steelers running game is working, it is usually because they are running behind Faneca at Left Guard, or folliwng him when he pulls. Ogden is definitely the best player on the Ravens offense.

Game tempo certainly looks in favor of the Ravens with all these FG's.

The momentum has definitely clearly swung to the Ravens.

Edited by Menudo

....because they have scored less points. sheesh, what a stupid question..... :D

So if Baltimore doesn't score more points than Indy, they will lose? Is that how this works?

So if Baltimore doesn't score more points than Indy, they will lose? Is that how this works?

I think so, but, you might want to go to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ and see if it says anything definitive. Let me know what you find out.

Edited by Menudo

Yes. I've been watching them a good bit all day. I love watching individual match-ups between two great players, like that one. Ogden is phenomenal. Great offensive lineman deserve mor props. Alan Faneca is probably the 2nd most important player on the Steelers team (behind Polamalu), and you'd have an argument for him being first. When the Steelers running game is working, it is usually because they are running behind Faneca at Left Guard, or folliwng him when he pulls. Ogden is definitely the best player on the Ravens offense.

I thought the Colts and the Ravens were playing? :D

This has been a fun game to watch as an outsider. There is good intensity and solid hitting. I hope the others are just as good.

Edited by Menudo

if the colts dont score here the ravens will win

I think that is going to be an unprovable statement - their in FG range already and are REALLY stepping up in crunch time.

Which is why I was talking about Ogden. I merely used Faneca as comparison........... :D

Not sure if I'd put Faneca in the same category as Ogden, Jones, and Pace, but I suppose it's OK because he plays the same position as the others.

This is actually interesting... I wonder if there is a website out there that shows all of the Left Tackles yearly stats (i.e. allowed sacks, tackles, etc.). :D

Not sure if I'd put Faneca in the same category as Ogden, Jones, and Pace, but I suppose it's OK because he plays the same position as the others.

This is actually interesting... I wonder if there is a website out there that shows all of the Left Tackles yearly stats (i.e. allowed sacks, tackles, etc.). :D

Actually, Faneca is a left guard, and is all pro every year. :D