[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redneck supper

polksalet

White bassand crappie fillets compelte with their eggs fried in canola oil and battered with louisiana fish fry mix. Served with purple onions and bbq pig ribs.

You ever eat large mouth bass? :D

I like catfish,crappies, walleyes, perch and bluegills. We've been hammering largemouth about 16 inches through the ice this year but my friends and I have never eaten them.

I like catfish,crappies, walleyes, perch and bluegills. We've been hammering largemouth about 16 inches through the ice this year but my friends and I have never eaten them.

some good eatin

How's this for redneck:

Chitlins

Neckbones

Collard Greens

Creamed corn or peas

Biscuits with real butter(no jelly- that's a yankee thing)

I've done the bottom 3 but I'll be a damned yankee forever before I ever try the first 2.

Here's one that still makes the woman(she's a southern girl) crack up. We went to a BBQ joint when we first started dating. I order a rib sammich. When my order arrives I see a few ribs(bones included) on top of a couple pieces of bread. I'm like, "what the f'k is this?" A sammich is slapping something between two slices of bread and eating it. How the hell are you supposed to eat rib bones? I guess I expected a rib meat sammich. This yankee transplant learned his lesson. Haven't ordered a rib sammich since. If I want ribs I'll just order ribs. Hell, the dinners come with garlic bread anyway. The woman was laughing hysterically and I was like :D .

order some louisiana fish fry online and dowse the bass in it. You will have a feast.

You should try some of that Lousiana fish fry stuff. I hear that you can get it online. Might go well with bass.

good stuff here, I will see how it goes with carp and drum

good stuff here, I will see how it goes with carp and drum

Carp is misspelled crap. Wouldn't eat that nasty tasting stuff even if it was covered with louisiana fish fry. Now spoonbill is another matter, yummmmmmmmmm.

Is this a bird you're speaking off? I'm meaning the fish that you have to snag.

Yup. We call shovelers spoonbills here. Many around here consider them a "trash duck" like some consider carp trash fish. They are not that bad, but far from my favorite duck.

Carp is misspelled crap. Wouldn't eat that nasty tasting stuff even if it was covered with louisiana fish fry. Now spoonbill is another matter, yummmmmmmmmm.

:D:D

carp smoked isnt bad... spoon bill is like liver that has sat out in the heat for 3 months

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...