[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Charger Fans

bushwacked

Well, Reche Caldwell was in that mix and I heard someone say, "You're better than that" to LT. It's a lousy end to the game. I would think that Caldwell might want to have a couple words with him.

I'm more likely to believe that LT is furious that Shotty didn't even use him when he'd been having success ALL DAY LONG. Stupid coaching.

I was wondering when someone would try and blame Schotts for this.

I mean he did get outcoached...but everyone gets outcoached when playing against Bill Bell.

How is it NOT Shotty's fault for failing to use the one unstoppable weapon that he had at his disposal?? :D

I think LT calling out the Pats..and BB in particular for being less than classy is a joke. LT has always been a terrific guy, but I can't believe he said what he did. Shawne Merriman actually sent Jason Taylor popcorn and a Lights Out Tshirt. Yeah, that's classy.

How is it NOT Shotty's fault for failing to use the one unstoppable weapon that he had at his disposal?? :D

I think LT calling out the Pats..and BB in particular for being less than classy is a joke. LT has always been a terrific guy, but I can't believe he said what he did. Shawne Merriman actually sent Jason Taylor popcorn and a Lights Out Tshirt. Yeah, that's classy.

LT beginning to believe all the nutsack leeches? Wouldn't be the first time.

The Pats were talking all game, to get into the heads of the younger Chargers, and LT probably expected them to stop at the end of the game, but instead tried to rub it in at their home turf. LT is a class act but shouldn't expect the majority of the players in the Nfl to act the same.

:D Does that mean he should just go "oh well, boys will be boys?" when other players are acting like jackasses?

I think no.

Because the Pats were playing the run and he wanted to take advantage of the secondary like he could have if things would of worked out.

L.T. had 23 carries for 123 yardsand 2 TD's..he had 2 catches for 62 yards. he was used. at the point towards the end though it became passing situations because of what I wrote above or they were playing from behind.

I mean..he was outcoached...but Bill Bell is the best coach this league has ever seen IMO. and he usually outcoaches the other team .

I doubt I can imagine the smack and various physical abuses that take place on the field as part of the mind games.

The "no class" comment is intriguing...I hope there's more to this story.

He'll probably just come out later in the week and apologize for what he said, saying he was frustrated and it was a "heat of the moment" thing.

You have NOTHING to base this opinion on. He's the least self-promoter in the league, at least of guys who have something to beat their chests about. Until this season, the averge, non-fantasy playing fan, didn't really know much about LT. He does very few interviews, doesn't go out and gaurantee wins like primadonna WRs in the league, and doesn't (or very rarely, for the anti-finger roll guys out there) celebrate his TDs in order to call attention to himself.

If you think LT's a punk, who isn't in the NFL??

Thanks Patfan. And congrats on the victory.

LT was pissed because the Pats were doing Merriman's dance on the field after the game. Its one thing to celebrate but by doing that they were rubbing SD's noses in it on their own field.

And for Coltfan to be calling LT a punk is assinine. I'm not exactly sure what you've seen in Tomlinson's past to believe that (care to share?) so i only think you probably said it to get a reaction.....or else you're just an ignorant twelve year old.

The Pats won. SD blew several opportunities and should have been in control the whole way....but that's why they play the games.

I don't blame Marty. He can't catch the ball for his players. Kiel, Parker, Jackson, McCree and even Gates all had very makeable plays and didn't get it done. I can only fault Marty for time management....specifically wasting a timeout on the challenge and for not having Rivers down the ball on first down with 45 seconds left after the completion to Parker.

I guess you can consider me a Drew Brees fan the rest of the way.

Edited by rebdog

LT was pissed because the Pats were doing Merriman's dance on the field after the game. Its one thing to celebrate but by doing that they were rubbing SD's noses in it on their own field.

And for Coltfan to be calling LT a punk is assinine. I'm not exactly sure what you've seen in Tomlinson's past to believe that (care to share?) so i only think you probably said it to get a reaction.....or else you're just an ignorant twelve year old.

The Pats won. SD blew several opportunities and should have been in control the whole way....but that's why they play the games.

I don't blame Marty. He can't catch the ball for his players. Kiel, Parker, Jackson, McCree and even Gates all had very makeable plays and didn't get it done. I can only fault Marty for time management....specifically wasting a timeout on the challenge and for not having Rivers down the ball on first down with 45 seconds left after the completion to Parker.

I guess you can consider me a Drew Brees fan the rest of the way.

To me, it sounds as if you are a very BITTER Chargers fan. At least you saved face to come in here after a humilating loss. The Chargers should have steamrolled over the Pats. And they would have if they didnt have all those STUPID penalties. WAAAAA!!!!

Anyway, San Diego was only meant to go so far. They cant ride legs of Tomlinson all the way. You need more supporting members. They have no receiving threat other than Gates. And if he is getting double teamed all the time, that's not saying much for the passing game. I'm sorry, but Eric Parker is not the answer. Hopefully your team will do what is necessary and fire Marty. He (yes, I"ll be the first to say it) just like Manning cannot win when it counts. Are they jinxed? Maybe.. Or maybe they just buckle under pressure and beat themselves when it matters. And yes, I STILL think that Tomlinson is a punk. He is a pretty softspoken guy when it comes to the media, and maybe that's why. Prime example is today after the game when he called the Patriots AND their HC classless. Sorry LT, but you have a LOT to learn about class. He said things probably out of anger, but if the game was played in NE today, would the Chargers have celebrated after the game? Your damn right they would have. And did ANYONE see this "dance" on the field after the game? I sure haven't. I've been watching the NFL network and ESPN for the past few hours and they've showed all kinds of highlights, but not this one. I remember when TO did this in Dallas on the 50 yard line. There were all kinds of videos on that.

And you're starting to sound like a Cardinals fan in cheering for a player that bolted town cause your team wouldn't pay him. I'm not brain surgeon, but if San Diego would have dished out the $$ to Brees, I'd be very willing to bet that they would be hosting the AFC championship game next week instead of watching it from the confines of their couch! Oh well bitter chargers fan.. Spoken no better then by a Colts fan..

"Better luck next year!"