[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be sick

Sharpie

That game was theirs in so many ways and they just fell apart in the 4th quarter. Mental break downs, officials calls or no calls going against them...and then there was that last drive!

I'll have to watch it again but they lost so much time by not spiking the ball on 1st then having to do so on second. Over a minute and they got, WHAT, 4 plays with one of them being a spike...not counting the kick. I could be wrong but it looked so very messed up! You would think Marty would have learned something watching other teams manage late comebacks against him.

Should have ran another pass with 8 seconds left too! Nah, we'll just go for a 52 yard kick!

That game was theirs in so many ways and they just fell apart in the 4th quarter. Mental break downs, officials calls or no calls going against them...and then there was that last drive!

I'll have to watch it again but they lost so much time by not spiking the ball on 1st then having to do so on second. Over a minute and they got, WHAT, 4 plays with one of them being a spike...not counting the kick. I could be wrong but it looked so very messed up! You would think Marty would have learned something watching other teams manage late comebacks against him.

Should have ran another pass with 8 seconds left too! Nah, we'll just go for a 52 yard kick!

It sucks to lose in the playoffs, regardless of which team you are a fan of.

You always go for the spike right after a first down. You then can regroup, set and call a real play. Instead they throw a 3 yard flat pass for nothing and then spike it. They wasted about 40 seconds on all that.

not nearly as bad as having the holder drop the ball on a chip shot fg with a minute or so to go. :D

Has anyone explained yet why LT had so few touches in the 2nd half? Did they change their gameplan at halftime, was it a different Pat D loading the box. He seemed to still get 5-6 yds/carry, I don't understand why they kept taking him out of the backfield on 2nd and 3rd downs....

not nearly as bad as having the holder drop the ball on a chip shot fg with a minute or so to go. :D

the difference being that we would've beat a three-time SB champion team and been the favorite to win the SB after going 14 & 2. any loss of these types hurt but this was easily the best team SD has had as long as I've been a fan (27 years). to throw that all away because of your own mistakes is just gutwrenching.

You always go for the spike right after a first down. You then can regroup, set and call a real play. Instead they throw a 3 yard flat pass for nothing and then spike it. They wasted about 40 seconds on all that.

This is pretty much it. I couldn't half stand watching that QB, you know the best 4th qtr QB blow through that minute :D

Sure, sure.....Rivers wont be the undoing....sure :D

Charger eyes up in the Coaches box call down & tell him to challenge or not.

Can pin that one on Marty.

Not to mention they burned a timeout on the 1st offensive possesion after the Pats tied the score.

It was 2nd and 5 for the Chargers, the pass went incomplete and a Pats player was injured.

They had an injury time out, went to commercial, and came back and it's 3rd and 5.

SD calls a timeout after they just had plenty of time on the injury time out, and proceeded to throw an incomplete pass to Parker which results in a punt that set up the game winning drive.

Two completely unnecessary timeouts that were critically needed at the end of the game.

It's highly doubtful that they'd be able to complete a pass, get back up to the line, and spike the ball in 8 seconds. And I'm sure that the Pats D was taking away the outside routes, so getting out of bounds would've been difficult as well.

It's highly doubtful that they'd be able to complete a pass, get back up to the line, and spike the ball in 8 seconds. And I'm sure that the Pats D was taking away the outside routes, so getting out of bounds would've been difficult as well.

If the outside is taken away, throw it away, but at least give it a chance, which they didn't. Bad call imo.

you're probably right but I think they should have tried something to the sidelines. Worst case Rivers throws it away.

If the outside is taken away, throw it away, but at least give it a chance, which they didn't. Bad call imo.

And if the player is tackled in bounds or the pass is picked off, you're screwed. If there were 12 seconds left, I'd agree, but 8 just isn't enough (no pun intended).

In the 1st quarter, Marty goes for it on 4th and 11 from the 30, instead of attempting a 47yd FG. If he doesn't have the confidence in a 47 yarder, what makes think he can make a 54 yarder?

The Pats D was pretty much in prevent mode, which never works, so attempting a quick 5 yd out should have at least been attempted.

Not to mention, if a 4 yard pass over the middle to Gates is the only option, the time is more important than the 3-4 yards, so you might as well throw it to Gates feet. It's a young QB that hasn't had this type of game winning drive pressure, and it showed.

And if the player is tackled in bounds or the pass is picked off, you're screwed. If there were 12 seconds left, I'd agree, but 8 just isn't enough (no pun intended).

Too each his own. I disagree. With 8 seconds I try a pass to the sideline. I think it's worth a shot. But I guess it's easier to think that my idea is a good one when what they did didn't work. Tough call either way.

In the 1st quarter, Marty goes for it on 4th and 11 from the 30, instead of attempting a 47yd FG. If he doesn't have the confidence in a 47 yarder, what makes think he can make a 54 yarder?

Well, he didn't have much of a choice. Sure, he COULD'VE tried a quick out, but I'm pretty sure that Belichick had his DBs and LBs protecting the sidelines. I'd rather try to kick a 54-yarder than sneak a pass down the sideline against Belichick's D with 8 seconds and no timeouts. JMO.

Marty's 4th and 11 decision in the 1st quarter was incredibly stupid. I've seen Kaeding make 48-yarders in college.