[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Morning Interview

Caveman_Nick

Said it was the toughest game he has ever played. Said that the entire gameplan got thrown out 4 minutes before halftime. Their preparation was not working. They had to reinvent a gameplan on the fly.

Acknowledges that at times they played poorly, but also that at times when they needed to get something done they managed to do so.

Gave Matt Light credit for playing probably the best game of his career. Great protection when the game was on the line.

When asked about the often used statement "The best team didn't win" Brady said that it doesn't come down to having the best record, home field, league MVPs of number of probowlers. It comes down to who makes the plays under pressure." He also that the players in the Patriots locker room just don't care about individual accolades, they only care about winning.

On LT, he deflected any 'wrong doing' on LT's part to emotion and frustration, and did the same thing with respect to his own team mate's conduct. Talked about how they will surely address that conduct in the locker room. The interviewer tried to bait him by saying how to comments came not in the heat of the moment, but after a shower and all that. Brady said that a shower doesn't wash away the frustration that quick. He did talk about how their team will address that, but also talked about Merriman's torrent of comments all week.

He's looking forward to a dog fight this weekend, and that it doesn't get any better than playing the Colts for the AFC Championship at the RCA dome.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta rain on the hate parade ...brady is amazing , love or hate him ...jabbar gaffney and reche caldwell as their main receivrs ...are you kidding me ? And he makes them look good as well

THose are precisely the reasons I hate him. To name a few. I have a pretty long list, and I'm just too busy this morning to list them for you. :D

Gotta rain on the hate parade ...brady is amazing , love or hate him ...jabbar gaffney and reche caldwell as their main receivrs ...are you kidding me ? And he makes them look good as well

I got no problems with brady at all

Wait just a minute here! You mean a QB can succeed with sub-par WRs?!?!?!?!

Quick somebody put a call into Vick's agent to let them know.

Wait just a minute here! You mean a QB can succeed with sub-par WRs?!?!?!?!

Quick somebody put a call into Vick's agent to let them know.

That pretty much sums it up right there.

I think I am on an island with this one, but I don't think Reche and Jabbar are sub par. I don't consider them to be 'elite' receivers, but I do consider them to be servicable NFL wideouts.

The only difference between Branch and Givens versus Caldwell and Gaffney IMHO is the level of familiarity they have with Brady. Otherwise I think they bring roughly just as much to the table.

I think I am on an island with this one, but I don't think Reche and Jabbar are sub par. I don't consider them to be 'elite' receivers, but I do consider them to be servicable NFL wideouts.

The only difference between Branch and Givens versus Caldwell and Gaffney IMHO is the level of familiarity they have with Brady. Otherwise I think they bring roughly just as much to the table.

I'm on the island with you. The only reason NE WRs are considered sub-par is because the Pats spread the ball around so much, so none of them turn in stunning stats week in week out. With NE, it's the team stats that count, which is as it should be.

I'm on the island with you. The only reason NE WRs are considered sub-par is because the Pats spread the ball around so much, so none of them turn in stunning stats week in week out. With NE, it's the team stats that count, which is as it should be.

Correct me if I am wrong here ... but aren't Caldwell and Gaffney journeyman WRs ... weren't they released from other teams because they aren't "elite" but simply adequate. In year's past hasn't Brady had a favorite WR when there was one that had better skills than the others?

Correct me if I am wrong here ... but aren't Caldwell and Gaffney journeyman WRs ... weren't they released from other teams because they aren't "elite" but simply adequate. In year's past hasn't Brady had a favorite WR when there was one that had better skills than the others?

Branch? he never even got a 1000 yards did he?

Brown? he has not done no big things(outside of playoff performances) during the championship years has he?

Patriots have pretty much been WR by committee ever since he got there.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I don't have inside information as to why each was released. I do know that Gaffney never looked this good when Carr was throwing him the ball. Caldwell always looked good, but had some knee problems. Now they both look terrific.

As far as Brady having a favorite receiver, it generally changed from game to game. The last Pats receiver I can recall having a 1000 yard season was Troy Brown in 2001. That should tell the tale right there.

Branch? he never even got a 1000 yards did he?

Brown? he has not done no big things(outside of playoff performances) during the championship years has he?

Patriots have pretty much been WR by committee ever since he got there.

Troy Brown

101 receptions and 1199 yards in 2001, 5 TDs

97 receptions and 890 yards in 2002, 3 TDs

I'd say that in those 2 years Troy Brown was Brady's primary/favored WR ... since then he hasn't had a go to guy but has spread the ball around.

God I f*cking hate Tom Brady. :D

What, 'cause he's honest and, by many acccounts, is possibly the most well-liked player in the league (by other players...this according to Shaun Alexander, who said it's universal throughout the league that other players want to begrudge Brady his success, but can't because he's the most genuine guy out there)? Or is it because he simply wins? I can see how a Vikings fan would be envious of both high character and success, however, so I chalk up your comments to that, Hugh. :D:bash:

Oh, and he has excellent teeth. Just excellent.

Edited by msaint

What, 'cause he's honest and, by many acccounts, is possibly the most well-liked player in the league (by other players...this according to Shaun Alexander, who said it's universal throughout the league that other players want to begrudge Brady his success, but can't because he's the most genuine guy out there)? Or is it because he simply wins? I can see how a Vikings fan would be envious of both high character and success, however, so I chalk up your comments to that, Hugh. :D

Duh. Of course. It's quite simple really. He wins. And he's good. And he's does it without top tier WR's. And he wins. And he wins. And he's so f*cking smug when he wins that I'd just like to kick him in the nuts. Now, of course, were he a Viking, my man-love for him would only be surpassed by Menudo's man-love for Big Ben.