[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Morning Interview

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like and respect Tom Brady. He has killed the Steelers in the past, but, you have to give the guy props. He handles himself well off of the field as well, and seems to be one of the good guys. My wife thinks he's 'hot', and he has had good-looking girlfriends. All of this makes him annoying to me, in a jealous, envious sort of way.

All that said, I think this is the time for Peyton Manning, another guy who I think is both a phenomenal player and one of the good guys in the league, to defeat his arch-nemesis in front of his home crowd.

This will be the hardest I ever root for a team not named the Steelers, in a game that doesn't affect the Steelers. It is a combination of jealousy and envy of Brady, Belichik, and the Patriots, and not wanting to see them win another championship, combined with a desire for Peyton Manning to start getting the respect he absolutely deserves by getting that championship ring that will define his career.

:D GO COLTS !!!!

Anyone else get the feeling that by this stage in his career, Peyton is the type of guy whose teammates don't honestly like him off the field, but simply tolerate him because he's incredibly skilled and is their best hope for victory? Just seems like one of those "shut up and do it my way because I'm the smartest kid in the class" kinda guys.

:D:bash:

Anyone else get the feeling that by this stage in his career, Peyton is the type of guy whose teammates don't honestly like him off the field, but simply tolerate him because he's incredibly skilled and is their best hope for victory? Just seems like one of those "shut up and do it my way because I'm the smartest kid in the class" kinda guys.

:D:D

Evidence: His "I can't play both sides of the ball" comment from a few weeks ago.

And Brady just traded up to Gi-freaking-selle Bundchen! :D Who's Peyton married to/dating, his Skoal-chewing, club-footed high school sweetheart with the lower back tattoo that's widening and cracking due to her ever-growing back fat? Case closed.

:D (can't believe my bait's this stinky)

And Brady just traded up to Gi-freaking-selle Bundchen! :clap: Who's Peyton married to/dating, his Skoal-chewing, club-footed high school sweetheart with the lower back tattoo that's widening and cracking due to her ever-growing back fat? Case closed.

:D (can't believe my bait's this stinky)

Oh oh oh.....I definately like Brady better since he gets the chicks :D That's what watching football is all about......liking the guy that can get the hottest women. With your ghey sweaters and garb you wear....its no wonder you're out there looking for the player that special someone's nutsack to hang onto.

Now how's that for :bash:

Oh oh oh.....I definately like Brady better since he gets the chicks :D That's what watching football is all about......liking the guy that can get the hottest women. With your ghey sweaters and garb you wear....its no wonder you're out there looking for the player that special someone's nutsack to hang onto.

Now how's that for :D

Considering how fondly you remember, and how often/accurately you reference, the sweater I wore on TV once, maybe all these barbs a subtle cry for love, HT? I know you have lots of time now that your undeserving-in-the-first-place-and-barely-backed-their-way-in Chiefs are out of the playoffs, but you better not start stalking me. Freak.

:tup::clap::bash:

If Brady played in INDY and Manning in NE, would Brady have a title today. I seriously doubt it. The man love for Brady is sick from NE backers. I think I liked it better when those MOFO's were perennial losers in every sport. As some fans dont have a clue how to handle success.

You guys should be more like us Cowboy fans. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

If Brady played in INDY and Manning in NE, would Brady have a title today. I seriously doubt it. The man love for Brady is sick from NE backers. I think I liked it better when those MOFO's were perennial losers in every sport. As some fans dont have a clue how to handle success.

As a Bears fan I'll admit I had man love for Brady for one day. Week 11 when I drove to Green Bay and watched him dismantle the Packers 35-0!

I say yes he would.

For the most part, I do not understand the level of nut-sack leachhood that there is surrounding Brady. The New England offense can be very frustrating to watch, and spends long periods in games being unproductive. Overall, I think Brady's play gets over-rated. He plays poorly more often than you would expect from an 'elite' quarterback.

Conversely, Peyton Manning rarely plays poorly. He can't, because otherwise his team would completely blow.

Here's the problem, though, and the main reason why Brady has so many hangers...

In critical moments in games, Tom Brady has consistently taken the Patriots on game winnig drives. You would hope tha tthe team would not have to be in that position becaus eth eoffense played well for a larger part of the game, but regardless Tom and the rest of the crew get it done when the game is on the line.

Peyton, in critical moments in big games has made many team killing mistakes. He's made 8 of them in the playoffs to Ty law alone. In games where he needs to come through big in order for his team to advance, he has come up small.

Overall I think Peyton is a much better QB, on skills and overall execution. When the pressure goes up a couple of notches, he has yet to perform. The exact opposite is true of Tom Brady. And the track record shows it.

As much as I can't stand the Colts and all the love they get being the favorite going into every season, I think Peyton is a great player. I hope he gets over that hurdle someday. Just not at the Patriots expense.

And Brady just traded up to Gi-freaking-selle Bundchen! :D Who's Peyton married to/dating, his Skoal-chewing, club-footed high school sweetheart with the lower back tattoo that's widening and cracking due to her ever-growing back fat? Case closed.

Actually he's married to his college girlfriend Ashley and she is fairly attractive. She may not be a supermodel, but she isn't exactly hard on the eyes either.

Actually he's married to his college girlfriend Ashley and she is fairly attractive. She may not be a supermodel, but she isn't exactly hard on the eyes either.

She's hot, yes. And obviously, through my many fish and wink smilies, I was joking about the girlfriend thing, surprised people took that seriously. As we've discussed many times on this board before, it cracks me up how people equate off-the-field "game" with on-field game. Hell, Jeff Garcia's girlfriend is hotter than most players' and that dude's career was flatlined until the 2nd half of this season.

I say yes he would.

For the most part, I do not understand the level of nut-sack leachhood that there is surrounding Brady. The New England offense can be very frustrating to watch, and spends long periods in games being unproductive. Overall, I think Brady's play gets over-rated. He plays poorly more often than you would expect from an 'elite' quarterback.

Conversely, Peyton Manning rarely plays poorly. He can't, because otherwise his team would completely blow.

Here's the problem, though, and the main reason why Brady has so many hangers...

In critical moments in games, Tom Brady has consistently taken the Patriots on game winnig drives. You would hope tha tthe team would not have to be in that position becaus eth eoffense played well for a larger part of the game, but regardless Tom and the rest of the crew get it done when the game is on the line.

Peyton, in critical moments in big games has made many team killing mistakes. He's made 8 of them in the playoffs to Ty law alone. In games where he needs to come through big in order for his team to advance, he has come up small.

Overall I think Peyton is a much better QB, on skills and overall execution. When the pressure goes up a couple of notches, he has yet to perform. The exact opposite is true of Tom Brady. And the track record shows it.

As much as I can't stand the Colts and all the love they get being the favorite going into every season, I think Peyton is a great player. I hope he gets over that hurdle someday. Just not at the Patriots expense.

Probably the best analysis of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady that I've seen. Great work. :D

I say yes he would.

While it's no secret that Peyton has had his share of bad playoff games, it needs to be understood that he's forced to take a lot of chances in said games because either his defense can't hold a lead or his offensive line can't establish the run. The recent playoff losses to PIT and NE are good examples of this. When Peyton played conservatively in the '04 AFC Divisional Game at Foxboro, his WRs and TEs dropped passes on critical plays, his RBs fumbled, his O-line couldn't establish the run, and all of these three-and-outs allowed Dillon to run all over their D in the second half. But, of course, the pro-Patriots East Coast media predictably dumps the blame on Peyton. :D In last year's playoff game, the Colts D spotted the Steelers a 14 point lead in the first quarter and the Colts struggled to run the ball. When they abandoned the run, Indy's O-line and backs couldn't pick up PIT's zone blitzes. Did Peyton have a penominal game? No. But the neither did the rest of his team.

The Colts have not succeed in the playoffs thus far for one major reason: Finesse teams that do a poor job of controlling the line of scrimmage tend to not do well in the playoffs, regardless of who their QB is.

And I agree that Brady has an uncanny knack for playing nearly mistake-free football in critical situations. He's much better at it than Manning and is probably the best in this regard since Montana. That said, it's easy to be "clutch" when you have an outstanding supporting cast. Brady wasn't put into a position where he had to make big plays multiple times in every game during the SB years. But, as we saw last year, it's not so easy to be Mr. Cool when your injury-riddled defense can't hold a lead. He literally threw away the game in Denver last January. If it weren't for Troy Brown's fortuitous strip on Sunday, he would've thrown away Sunday's game as well.

I'm not defending the way that Peyton has played over the past two weeks and I'm not disparaging Brady. They're both incredible QBs who have different strengths and weaknesses. But in the analysis of the two, their supporting cast needs to be taken into consideration. QBs don't play in a vacuum.

Edited by Bill Swerski

While it's no secret that Peyton has had his share of bad playoff games, it needs to be understood that he's forced to take a lot of chances in said games because either his defense can't hold a lead or his offensive line can't establish the run. The recent playoff losses to PIT and NE are good examples of this. When Peyton played conservatively in the '04 AFC Divisional Game at Foxboro, his WRs and TEs dropped passes on critical plays, his RBs fumbled, his O-line couldn't establish the run, and all of these three-and-outs allowed Dillon to run all over their D in the second half. But, of course, the pro-Patriots East Coast media predictably dumps the blame on Peyton. :D Finesse teams that do a poor job of controlling the line of scrimmage tend not to do well in the playoffs, regardless of who their QB is (e.g., the Marino-era Dolphins).

I dunno about that. I was at that game, and didn't see the angles that the folks seeing it on TV saw, but it sure looked like Peyton was just out of sorts as the rest of their offense. There was very good pressure by the defense, and he did not handle it as well as he does in most games. I am not saying he's the only one not performing there, but as the face of the organization he gets most of the credit/blame.

And I agree that Brady has an uncanny knack for playing nearly mistake-free football in critical situations. He's much better at it than Manning and is probably the best in this regard since Montana. That said, it's easy to be "clutch" when you have an outstanding supporting cast. Brady wasn't put into a position where he had to make big plays multiple times in every game. But, as we saw last year, it's not so easy to be Mr. Cool when your injury-riddled defense can't hold a lead. He literally threw away the game in Denver last January. If it weren't for Troy Brown's fortuitous strip on Sunday, he would've thrown away Sunday's game as well.

Okay...seriously...that Indy o-line, Harrison, Wayne, and Edge are far and away more of an elite supporting cast than anything the Pats have brought to the table. Which Patriots offensive players would you trade these guys for?

I absolutely agree that the Pats defense has played an enormous part in their SB run, but they had nothing to do with the offense going on critical scoring drives. Peyton has much better weapons in that regard, and I think that's a big reason why the lack of performance in those situations reflects poorly on him.

You'll never hear me say that Tom never makes mistakes, and the mistakes you point out are very relevant. There have been too many positive performances at this point for those throws to tip the scale, though.

I'm not defending the way that Peyton has played over the past two weeks and I'm not disparaging Brady. They're both incredible QBs who have different strengths and weaknesses. But in the analysis of the two, their supporting cast needs to be taken into consideration. QBs don't play in a vacuum.

Agreed 100%

I dunno about that. I was at that game, and didn't see the angles that the folks seeing it on TV saw, but it sure looked like Peyton was just out of sorts as the rest of their offense. There was very good pressure by the defense, and he did not handle it as well as he does in most games. I am not saying he's the only one not performing there, but as the face of the organization he gets most of the credit/blame.

It certainly wasn't his A-game (more like a B- game), but they weren't able to establish the run and were forced to play dink-and-dunk in the snow. That's not how you win playoff games.

Okay...seriously...that Indy o-line, Harrison, Wayne, and Edge are far and away more of an elite supporting cast than anything the Pats have brought to the table. Which Patriots offensive players would you trade these guys for?

Um, I'm not sure which team you've been watching, but Indy's O-line isn't nearly as good as they were three or four years ago. Jesus, just look at how Dick LeBeau picked them apart last January. Do you consider that an elite O-line? Do you consider their run-blocking in the PIT and NE matchups "elite" in any way? I sure as hell don't. I'll take NE's O-line over Indy's any day.

Harrison and Wayne are nice, but it's more difficult to utilize them on timing routes in a snowstorm or when your QB only has a second to get rid of the ball before Joey Porter is in his face. It's also difficult to gain yards on the ground with Edge when your team doesn't have a blocking FB on its roster and your OC is so obsessed with the stretch play that he'll inexplicably run it against a 3-4.

The bottom line is that, even with the best WR duo in the NFL, you need to be able to line up and play smash-mouth football in the playoffs. The Colts have been unable to do so over the past few years. Hell, they haven't even used a blocking fullback regularly until this year. Finesse offenses based on speed and timing work great indoors against the Texans and Titans in the regular season, but they don't work very well against physical defenses in adverse conditions in January. Say what you want about Harrison and Wayne, but being able to run- and pass-block effectively is infinitely more important in the playoffs.

I absolutely agree that the Pats defense has played an enormous part in their SB run, but they had nothing to do with the offense going on critical scoring drives.

No doubt that Brady has been instrumental on some critical scoring drives in the playoffs. I won't argue with that. But when the Pats defense forces a turnover and gives Brady a short field, doesn't it help Brady on scoring drives? When Brady is confident enough in his defense's ability to hold leads that he doesn't have to force a throw into double-coverage, doesn't it help his team win the field-position battle? And I imagine that Brady's legacy might be a little different had he needed to rely on Vanderjagt to make those game-winning FGs.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, I'm not sure which team you've been watching, but Indy's O-line isn't nearly as good as they were three or four years ago. Jesus, just look at how Dick LeBeau picked them apart last January. Do you consider that an elite O-line? Do you consider their run-blocking in the PIT and NE matchups "elite" in any way? I sure as hell don't. I'll take NE's O-line over Indy's any day.

Weren't the announcers noting in the KC game that Peyton only gets touched on 12% of his pass attempts? And weren't they #5 in ruching offense in the NFL this season?

That's pretty impressive O-line play. :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Regardless of who we think is better on this board, if Tom Brady and the Pats win another Superbowl this year as a decided underdog going into the playoffs, he may well be regarded as the best QB of all time when it's all said and done. Even better than, gulp.....Joe Montana.

Weren't the announcers noting in the KC game that Peyton only gets touched on 12% of his pass attempts? And weren't they #5 in ruching offense in the NFL this season?

That's pretty impressive O-line play. :D

Peyton has very good pocket presence and does a better job of getting rid of the ball than most QBs. But somehow he got touched on a lot more than 12% of his passing attempts last January.

Look at some of their rushing performances in recent playoff games...

Baltimore, '06: Addai/Rhodes, 95 yds (3.0 avg)

Pittsburgh, '05: James/Rhodes, 58 yds (4.1 avg)

Pats, '04: James, 39 yds (2.8 avg)

Broncos, '04: James/Rhodes, 75 yds (3.3 avg)

Like I said, the Colts' speed-based offense is great in the regular season against the Texans and Titans. They do an excellent job of beating up on weak defenses and padding their stats. But it doesn't work nearly as well against tough, physical Front 7s in the post-season. Their line doesn't suck by any stretch of the imagination, but they don't play like an "elite" group and their style of offense certainly doesn't help either.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Peyton has very good pocket presence and does a better job of getting rid of the ball than most QBs. But somehow he got touched on a lot more than 12% of his passing attempts last January.

Look at some of their rushing performances in recent playoff games...

Baltimore, '06: Addai/Rhodes, 95 yds (3.0 avg)

Pittsburgh, '05: James/Rhodes, 58 yds (4.1 avg)

Pats, '04: James, 39 yds (2.8 avg)

Broncos, '04: James/Rhodes, 75 yds (3.3 avg)

Like I said, the Colts' speed-based offense is great in the regular season against the Texans and Titans. They do an excellent job of beating up on weak defenses and padding their stats. But it doesn't work nearly as well against tough, physical Front 7s in the post-season. Their line doesn't suck by any stretch of the imagination, but they don't play like an "elite" group and their style of offense certainly doesn't help either.

peyton does have good pocket presence...but isnt he partly responsible for calling out protection schemes?

My man-love for Big Ben isn't as high as it was in previous years. Lets just say that we've had a little bit of a spat. :D

No doubt Ben cracked a beer after you slammed the door on your way out and went "he'll be back."