[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leave your pom pomss at the door

Caveman_Nick

These are 2 really compelling games. The 1/2 seeds in the NFC, and the 3/4 seeds in the AFC. And other than Baltimore, any of the other teams could have advanced. This is a true credit to the quality of the playoff teams.

For me, I am really concerned about this Colts team. Pats fans can say what they want about past playoff games, but what sticks in my craw is the beating the Pats took by the Colts this season.

The Bears/Saints game is also going to be tremendous. Saints outdoors in Chicago in January. That's a big deal IMO, even with the Bears not being at their peak form. They still have to be a pretty big favorite.

Let's get some good analysis in here on these match-ups!!

Edited by Caveman_Nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears/Saints game is also going to be tremendous. Saints outdoors in Chicago in January. That's a big deal IMO, even with the Bears not being at their peak form. They still have to be a pretty big favorite.

Believe it or not the ealy odds have the Saints getting only 3 points in this one. I was guessing around 6 myself.

These are 2 really compelling games. The 1/2 seeds in the NFC, and the 3/4 seeds in the AFC. And other than Baltimore, any of the other teams could have advanced. This is a true credit to the quality of the playoff teams.

For me, I am really concerned about this Colts team. Pats fans can say what they want about past playoff games, but what sticks in my craw is the beating the Pats took by the Colts this season.

Let's get some good analysis in here on these match-ups!!

The January weather thing would be a big deal if they were having Jan. weather, unless it's very windy and snowing the Saints will win(slight homer view), Either AFC matchup would be interesting: Manning first SB facing the city he was raised in, also in their first; NE the rookie against the expert with Balt and SD out I feel if they make it to the SB they have a shot against either team.

The January weather thing would be a big deal if they were having Jan. weather, unless it's very windy and snowing the Saints will win(slight homer view), Either AFC matchup would be interesting: Manning first SB facing the city he was raised in, also in their first; NE the rookie against the expert with Balt and SD out I feel if they make it to the SB they have a shot against either team.

Just remember, the Saints are a dome team and have never been tested in rough January weather

The record of dome teams on the road in the playoffs is not good. It's worse in cold weather stadiums.

I thought the Saints were going to the bowl, partially because I has picked SEA to pull it out this weekend and for the NFC Championship game to be in NO. With the Saints going on the road to chicago, I would take the Bears and lay the points.

Just remember, the Saints are a dome team and have never been tested in rough January weather

The record of dome teams on the road in the playoffs is not good. It's worse in cold weather stadiums.

I thought the Saints were going to the bowl, partially because I has picked SEA to pull it out this weekend and for the NFC Championship game to be in NO. With the Saints going on the road to chicago, I would take the Bears and lay the points.

Perhaps the dome teams record playing outdoors isn't that good not because they are playing outdors, but the fact they are playing on the road. :D

CHI/NO:

The only hope for the Bears on offense is to control the clock and exploit an average at best NO LB crew...both on the run, and with the TE's and FB's on the short passing game.

On Defense, let's face it, they are getting shredded on the ground and in the soft zones they play on the pass.

I like the fact that NO can and has given up big plays on defense. I think that can be exploited.

I'd also like to see a lot more of Cedric Benson next week....a lot more!!

IND/NE:

I see this as a career of frustration being washed away by Manning.

I'm just not sure what the NE D can throw at this guy that he hasn't seen before. Doing it against a first year starter yesterday, Rivers made a ton of great throws and the WR's didn't come through. I see the Indy WR's not making those drops.

At home, the INDY D is the best in the league right now. No doubt.

Edited by gilthorp

I could go for another

Chicago: 46

New England: 10

type of Superbowl! :D

Good the Bear fans are feeling their oats this am also, should make for some interesting bets this weekend.

I have one question how confident do you feel about Grossman putting together two good games and if they do win sun three games to win it all?

Good the Bear fans are feeling their oats this am also, should make for some interesting bets this weekend.

I have one question how confident do you feel about Grossman putting together two good games and if they do win sun three games to win it all?

I'm not sure NO has a championship quality defense that is going to cause him a ton of pain. If they pressure him early and he makes them pay, he'll be fine. If he sucks it up out of the box, then it's NO's game hands down.

Should be a great game! Don't you think?

I'm not sure NO has a championship quality defense that is going to cause him a ton of pain. If they pressure him early and he makes them pay, he'll be fine. If he sucks it up out of the box, then it's NO's game hands down.

Thought the Saints D applied pretty good pressure on Garcia, but dang it...that little tart kept getting away. If Grossman can avoid the first wave of attack like Garcia did, he will do just fine. However if he is one of those happy feet QB's then I see him reverting back to some of those dismal QB ratings.

I think it will be a great game. but if I remember correctly he did suck it up against non championship quality defenses this year, just a question I was just wondering were the confidence level of the fan was with Grossman.

Early evaluation from what little I know of the Bears is that it will come down to the D. if they can stop or contain the Saints offense it will be close but if it's a shootout don't think they can keep pace. You can expect a lot of Deuce but also a lot of slants and middle stuff passing and yes our d will give up a big pass play(hopefully just one) to the wr.

I think it will be a great game. but if I remember correctly he did suck it up against non championship quality defenses this year, just a question I was just wondering were the confidence level of the fan was with Grossman.

Early evaluation from what little I know of the Bears is that it will come down to the D. if they can stop or contain the Saints offense it will be close but if it's a shootout don't think they can keep pace. You can expect a lot of Deuce but also a lot of slants and middle stuff passing and yes our d will give up a big pass play(hopefully just one) to the wr.

That is the big question.

I have more confidence in Rex putting together a good enough game against an OK Saints defense than I do in the Bears D containing a multi-faceted explosive NO offense. The Bears D just runs out of gas and the loss of Brown and Harris really kills them.

That is the big question.

I have more confidence in Rex putting together a good enough game against an OK Saints defense than I do in the Bears D containing a multi-faceted explosive NO offense. The Bears D just runs out of gas and the loss of Brown and Harris really kills them.

I agree with this post 100%. I really think the Saints should be favored in this game. Losing 2 pro bowlers on D moved the Bears D being #1 or #2 to mediocore at best. I watch the New Orleans game on Saturday was envisioning Duece pounding the ball inside, with a touch of Busch on the outside and Brees picking apart the cover 2 like he is playing against a pop warner team. The Bears on Sunday barely got an pressure on Hasselback. Without pressure from your front 4 the cover two sucks. So unless the NO line is worse than Seattle's then the Bears are going to have to rely on Grossman to win a shootout. Needless to say I'm a little more than concerned.

Edited by blips

My bad. You mean like the "championship caliber defenses" like GB and Detroit marched out there and "caused him a ton of pain" just to name a few...

Those gave him problems, yes. Throw the GB game out all together. But he got the win against Detroit, whereas All Pro Romo didn't. NFC Norris battles are always difficult.

The question I was answering did not require to analyze the shrinking Bears d at this time. Do they have a championship quality defense at this time? No f'n way.

You looking to pick a fight or something, or just being a smart ass? Please share.

So, here's a few questions for the Colts fans...

That Colts defense has looked like a beast in their 2 playoff games. What turned it around for them? How much of it had to do with the play of Green and McNair versus the performance of the Colts players?

Going into this game, would you say that if the Colts don't win considering how well their defense is playing, that it changes the formula somewhat of blaming the team around Manning?

Those gave him problems, yes. Throw the GB game out all together. But he got the win against Detroit, whereas All Pro Romo didn't. NFC Norris battles are always difficult.

The question I was answering did not require to analyze the shrinking Bears d at this time. Do they have a championship quality defense at this time? No f'n way.

You looking to pick a fight or something, or just being a smart ass? Please share.

I think the Bears had a cake walk schedule this season and are overrated. The thought of Rex needing a championship caliber defense to give him problems just struck me funny I guess... :D

While playing outside in the cold could be a factor for a dome team on the road, the current forecast for the game has it just partly cloudy with a high of 37 degrees. The Bears secondary was exposed last week and Brees should be no worse than Hasselbeck.

What I think is being undervalued is the diversity and strength of the NO rushing attack with both McAllister and Bush.

Both home teams are favored currently by 3 points.

While playing outside in the cold could be a factor for a dome team on the road, the current forecast for the game has it just partly cloudy with a high of 37 degrees. The Bears secondary was exposed last week and Brees should be no worse than Hasselbeck.

What I think is being undervalued is the diversity and strength of the NO rushing attack with both McAllister and Bush.

Both home teams are favored currently by 3 points.

:DThis says a high of 27 and a low of 14...

EDIT: Plus 3 days of lake effects snow this week...could make for a sloppy game. And to your point regarding the rushing attack, that is their key to winning for certain.

Edited by Caveman_Nick