[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ditka says Patriots are classless

Rockerbraves

Just heard Ditka say that there is a way to win and a way to lose and in his opinion the Patriots are classless. They get away with it because they are New England. He also said that Drayton Florence would never wear a uniform on any team he was involved with for that senseless hit that cost the Charger a 15 yard personal foul penalty resulting in a FG.

Nice to see Ditka not holding back what he thinks. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to disagree with either sentiment.

:D

Yeah, because the SD players being mouthy all game, and Merriman's crap all week wasn't provocational. Notice how LT doesn't bother to note how his own team mate lacks any class and is a roid monster. Because that's okay.

I'm sorry, but you reap what you sow. You didn't see the Pats dancing around on other teams after playoff wins. I don't like the conduct, but I am not going to indict them for it.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

I concur

But making fun of Merriman, I have no problem with that. If that idiot wants to jump around like a complete dumb ass, then what wrong with others laughing and making fun of him.

I agree, but make it individual. Don't diss the whole team and stadium.

Z

A team makes its own luck. Few if anyone mention that Troy Brown has played defense in this league, and he knew what to do when the pick was made. I give him all the credit in the world for that. But personally I dont think Bill B is anything without Brady. That coach gets more credit than he deserves. Dude lucked into Brady or he would be the next Schottenheimer, if he could even sneak into the playoffs.

A team makes its own luck. Few if anyone mention that Troy Brown has played defense in this league, and he knew what to do when the pick was made. I give him all the credit in the world for that. But personally I have to say that it takes a whole team's effort to have this much success, and too much credit is heaped on Belichick and Brady. The whole team deserves credit.

fixed. :D

Do we really expect players not to show any emotion after a very hard fought playoff game? Really?

+1

They are human just like the rest of us (most anyway :D ).

Z

Edited by Piranha-z

Yeah, because Ditka is a model of propriety himself. :D He makes it sound like the entire team was out there doing whatever it was that happened, when it was obviously not. You want to call out the specific individuals for their poor sportsmanship, then have at it. Don't overgeneralize to the entire team. It's a stupid thing to do.

Do we really expect players not to show any emotion after a very hard fought playoff game? Really?

A coach playing on the road shouldn't expect it he should demand it. Hopefully Belichick got on those players involved. Didn't see what they did but if it ticked off a guy like LT then I have to think it must have been classless.

what did he say? was it "great teams win,thats what we do"? is that what he said?

nice humility :D

I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to #37. But I'm all for bashing Belidick too. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Not sure i follow your logic. So now LT is God?

No, he's not God. What an inane comment.

Tomlinson has a tremendous amount of class & respect for others in the league. It would have taken a lot for him to have spoken out publicly.

Tomlinson has a tremendous amount of class & respect for others in the league. It would have taken a lot for him to have spoken out publicly.

+1 This kid has every right to be cocky and no one could complain. However everything I've seen or read about LT comes across as someone who sincerely passes the praise on to everybody but himself. LT is rare in the fact that he has convinced me that he understands his athletic ability is a gift and nothing more.

It was so classy of him to remind us how classy he is too, as he started his statement. :D

Classy is a stupid word thrown around by lots of sports figures who don't really have a clue what it means, for the most part. LT has always comported himself well...doesn't do the stupid dancing and finger pointing. It's a shame he lowered himself into the fray.

I've always thought of LT as a very talented player with lots of class. One slip on his part does not change my opinion ... we are all human and make mistakes.

Just as I have always thought of TO as a talented player with no class. If TO were to suddenly do something typically reserved for somebody with class I wouldn't think that TO had class because of it.

One action taken out of 6 years is not enough to make a judgement.

Edited by Grits and Shins