[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brohm to stay in school

keggerz

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/0...m.4131d872.html

Brohm staying at U of L

09:34 AM EST on Monday, January 15, 2007

Brohm staying at U of L

You can rest easy Cardinal fans.

Brian Brohm announced this morning that he will by-pass the opportunity to play in the NFL and stay for his senior season at U of L.

The Cardinal Quarterback stated that he did not reach his final conclusion until late Saturday night.

Brohm says that he feels there are still things to be accomplished at U of L with the leadership of new coach Steve Kragthorpe, such as winning the Big East for a second year and possibly a National Title.

I live in Louisville and in my opinion this is not a smart decision for Brohm. Brohm has been injured in every season he has been a starter. He has lost his head coach and will be learning at the very least alot of new wrinkles but more likely a completely new offense. I have hard time believing that he will do that well in the NFL, reminds me of Tim Rattay, benefits from the system. He was a projected first rounder and has taken a great risk. IMHO

I live in Louisville and in my opinion this is not a smart decision for Brohm. Brohm has been injured in every season he has been a starter. He has lost his head coach and will be learning at the very least alot of new wrinkles but more likely a completely new offense. I have hard time believing that he will do that well in the NFL, reminds me of Tim Rattay, benefits from the system. He was a projected first rounder and has taken a great risk. IMHO

I don't understand why he would come back with a brand new coach for one year...

that's interesting. read somewhere (maybe espn, can't rembember) that he would be the projected #1 pick next year.

I can't believe he stayed in, but madd props. I think this is a guy that sacrificed his riches for his teammates. With a lot of his best teammates and coach gone, it would have been very easy for Brohm to turn the other way and leave the program to rot. Instead, he is going to come back to lead these guys, and give the other seniors in his class a chance to have another good season. Almost unprecedented.

A lot of guys had Brohm as the #1 QB in this year's draft which makes it even more surprising.

I can't believe he stayed in, but madd props. I think this is a guy that sacrificed his riches for his teammates. With a lot of his best teammates and coach gone, it would have been very easy for Brohm to turn the other way and leave the program to rot. Instead, he is going to come back to lead these guys, and give the other seniors in his class a chance to have another good season. Almost unprecedented.

A lot of guys had Brohm as the #1 QB in this year's draft which makes it even more surprising.

Not sure about #1, but he would have been one of the top QB's taken this season. Doesn't his dad or brother coach at Louisville? Maybe that had something to do with it. :D

Sure seems to me that the QB's who come out as Sr's are more polished than those who come out early. Classical case- Manning vs Leaf.

You can never have too much experince as a QB.

+1 Might be bias but think another year for JaMarcus would have done him well not necessarily on his 1st NFL contract, but his contract renewal a few years down the road aka Manning/Leaf.

+1 Might be bias but think another year for JaMarcus would have done him well not necessarily on his 1st NFL contract, but his contract renewal a few years down the road aka Manning/Leaf.

Which is why when people say Russell #1 overall, I cringe. :D

I really wish I could find what year people were when they declared for the draft. The NFL draft site doesn't give that in the bios. I'd like to look further into this. I'm pretty sure Marinovich came out early too. Can't see Oakland making that mistake again.

It could be as simple as he likes college.

I know if I could re-live 4 (in my case 5) years of my life, it would be the time I spent at Ball State. So much trim, so much partying, playing hoops every day, hanging out. What a great time that was.

Obviously some of that would come as an NFL QB, but being a Big Man on Campus has gotta have some appeal as well.

Just another take. I don't know much about the guy and what his potential is, but I do know that being a star QB in a college setting has gotta be pretty cool in and of itself.