[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would SD have won if they had kept Brees?

Randall

"Would SD have won if they had kept Brees?"

Has to be the dumbest question I have seen here in at least 2 hours. :bash:

Who's to know if they would have won as many games as they did had they had Brees? Who's to know if they would have even made the PO's if they had kept Brees? Who's to know?

Off the wall wild speculation that has nothing to do with anything I would think.

Wonder if SD would be as good as they are if they hadn't drafted Tomlinson. There... that is an apropos question. :D

SD would have won if they hadn't kept opening windows of opportunity. Had nothing to do with who the QB was.

"Would SD have won if they had kept Brees?" .... Sheeeesh....gimmie a break.

:D Uh oh... somebody is a little grouchy this mornin'..........

:D Uh oh... somebody is a little grouchy this mornin'..........

LOL Nah, not really.... just tired of stupid threads. It's embarassing some of the threads started here this postseason. Usually a bit more intelligence bandied about. Guess that the off-season has started a bit early for some. :D

"Would SD have won if they had kept Brees?"

Has to be the dumbest question I have seen here in at least 2 hours. :D

I don't agree. I know a lot of SD fans that felt they should have done so. I asked to start discussion. Long term Rivers could be the better player but going all the way his first year is a tough chore. They came close.

the game was what it was. players made mistakes or didn't make plays for SD. Rivers made the ProBowl. and yesterday he put the ball in spots to allow his receivers to make plays. ....and for the most part they didn't. let's not forget that Rivers only got drafted because Brees didn't do jacksh#t for three years in SD and they were forced to draft a QB.

with a game like that its impossible to pin anything on one guy. there were numerous times that anyone could have made all the difference. it was undoubtedly a team loss in every sense.

Great post and I agree totally.

Although I always thought Brees was good. even when he was doing bad behind that horrible line.

All the finger pointing and sour grapes isn't helpful. We lost. We lost a game that we really should have won. That stinks. If we were simply out-matched that would be easier to handle, but instead I feel we were the better team that found a way to make mistakes we haven't all year long. Does anyone think anyone on either team was trying to lose? No, players tried to make plays. Obviously there was poor judgement exercized by both Pats and Chargers. In the end we commited more of those errors than they and we know the result. Congrats to the Patriots. I love the Chargers and I will support my team. 2007 looks bright from my perspective!