[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ICe storm lunch

polksalet

• 2 weeks later...

My ravenous carnivore life partner loves a top sirloin so she gets most of that, I get a few choice lean bites to make sure the heat is right... :D

I love bbq'd spicey fresh chicken wings, grill probably a thousand wings/legs/thighs or more a year.

That PAM bbq grill spray is great for chicken, helps keep it from sticking.

Please post your method.

Nothing real fancy... just get fresh frier wings from the supermarket. I have tried every sauce imaginable, from store bought to homemade, and the best I have found is the easiest solution if they sell it in your area, Texas Pete Buffalo Style Chicken Wing Sauce, years ago they didn't sell it here, only in Floriduh, I would order a case at a time from the bottler, now hower, it has caught on and you can buy it at Walmart.

I get the grill hot, then turn it down to right above the lowest setting, (we cook a lot on charcoal when camping or at the lake, so cook the chicken after you've cooked the burgers, a super hot fire will cook/burn the skin to fast) spill the washed, naked chicken out all over the grill to get one side going, make the first turn after 5-8 min or so, and use a cooking brush to baste one side liberal with pure texas pete. Trick is to turn them every 5-10 min or so on low eat to get them to cook evenly, and gives you a chance to baste at every turn. I like mine crispy to dark brown, yet they stay nice and juicy on the inside.

They can be very spicey hot depending on how liberally you basted them, so if we have some women over, I'll cut the Texas Pete with Sweet BBQ sauce, about a 50/50 split. These are freaking awesome too, a completely different flavor.

Nobody grilled wings around here when I moved here 9 years ago, now it is a staple at every gathering.

If you can't find any in your area, I'll mail you a bottle, $5 shipped.