[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

30 catches 337 yds 2 TDs

Furd

Great stat.

To me, this just proves one thing: get a qb who can deliver the ball accurately, and you don't need all pro receivers, just someone who can run the correct route and catch the ball.

And what does this mean? Unless you are in a position to draft a can't miss, blue-chip receiver, don't waste a first-rounder on them and draft linemen instead.

Only took 85 passes. :D

And . . ?

I don't have targeting information handy, but they both have seemed pretty efficient to me, so I don't think that you can demean their acheivements because of the number of Brady's attempts (and Brady does spread the ball around a lot.) Besides, I have never heard anybody criticize a receiver because he had a lot of catches.

After 2 playoff games, Gaffney, who couldn't start on the Houston Texans, has 50 more receiving yards than the #2 guy, and Caldwell is in the top 5. I find that surprising. Given that you think that the caliber of wide receivers has a huge impact on a team's passing performance, I'm surprised at your response.

Edited by Furd

And . . ?

I don't have targeting information handy, but they both have seemed pretty efficient to me, so I don't think that you can demean their acheivements because of the number of Brady's attempts (and Brady does spread the ball around a lot.) Besides, I have never heard anybody criticize a receiver because he had a lot of catches.

After 2 playoff games, Gaffney, who couldn't start on the Houston Texans, has 50 more receiving yards than the #2 guy, and Caldwell is in the top 5. I find that surprising. Given that you think that the caliber of wide receivers has a huge impact on a team's passing performance, I'm surprised at your response.

If a QB throws 85 passes in just two games, then there darn well better be a coupla' WR's on that team with some yardage. Throw enough mud & some is bound to stick.

But hey, if you wanna crown their a$$, then you go ahead & crown 'em. :D

If a QB throws 85 passes in just two games, then there darn well better be a coupla' WR's on that team with some yardage. Throw enough mud & some is bound to stick.

Crown them? I said surprised.

Man, either you have no reading comprension skills or you're fishing. Or maybe worse, which isn't out of the question given your zealous defense of a certain mediocre QB.

Gaffney 18 catches, 207 yards, 1 TD

Caldwell 12 catches, 130 yards, 1 TD

Brown 7 catches, 65 yards

Watson 5 catches, 33 yards, 1 TD

Graham 3 catches, 39 yards, 1 TD

Faulk 1 catch, 7 yards, 1 TD

Dillion 1 catch, 0 yards

85 passes, 49 completions

Vick never gets "that much mud to stick" ... oh wait ... every 3 years or so he has a couple of games where that much mud sticks.

Gaffney 18 catches, 207 yards, 1 TD

Caldwell 12 catches, 130 yards, 1 TD

Brown 7 catches, 65 yards

Watson 5 catches, 33 yards, 1 TD

Graham 3 catches, 39 yards, 1 TD

Faulk 1 catch, 7 yards, 1 TD

Dillion 1 catch, 0 yards

85 passes, 49 completions

Vick never gets "that much mud to stick" ... oh wait ... every 3 years or so he has a couple of games where that much mud sticks.

It never ceases to amaze me how you're able to get a Vick jab into just about any thread, regardless of the subject matter.

It's a real art, however your obsession is probably a little unhealthy & definitely over the top. :D

Crown them? I said surprised.

Man, either you have no reading comprension skills or you're fishing. Or maybe worse, which isn't out of the question given your zealous defense of a certain mediocre QB.

:D No need to try & read anything more into what I said, than what I said Furd.

330+ yds & 2 TD's to a teams #1 & #2 WR's on 85 passes doesn't exactly get me all warm & fuzzy. I'd only be surprised if the WR's DID NOT have those kind of numbers, considering the sheer volume of passes.

Give Brady Harrison & Wayne & I think we'd see around 450+ yards & 5+ TD's on that number of passes.

But hey, that's just me. If you're impressed, far be it for me to rain on your parade. :D

Given the history and career to date of gaffney and caldwell and the fact they are no. 1 and no .2 ( coverage should be better than it has been when they were # 3 or # 4 receivers on their past teams ), I would say their numbers currntly are surpeisingly good .... Brady helps a tonb with this imo

Given the history and career to date of gaffney and caldwell and the fact they are no. 1 and no .2 ( coverage should be better than it has been when they were # 3 or # 4 receivers on their past teams ), I would say their numbers currntly are surpeisingly good .... Brady helps a tonb with this imo

I'd agree if the Pats were a team with avg TE's. But they've got a few good ones who help loosen up the coverage on the WR's. Throw in crusty yet trusty Troy Brown, plus the lack of respect most DB's probably have for Gaffney & Caldwell & I just don't see them getting the tight coverage most WR #1 & #2's recieve.

I could very well be wrong, but I doubt it. :D

:D No need to try & read anything more into what I said, than what I said Furd.

330+ yds & 2 TD's to a teams #1 & #2 WR's on 85 passes doesn't exactly get me all warm & fuzzy. I'd only be surprised if the WR's DID NOT have those kind of numbers, considering the sheer volume of passes.

Give Brady Harrison & Wayne & I think we'd see around 450+ yards & 5+ TD's on that number of passes.

But hey, that's just me. If you're impressed, far be it for me to rain on your parade. :D

In 2 games Peyton Manning has thrown the ball 68 times completing 45 of them for 438 yards. Harrison and Wayne combined for 180 yards on 16 receptions with 1 TDs.

So Harrison + Wayne accounted for 35.5% of the receptions and 41.1% of the receiving yardage.

In 2 games Tom Brady has thrown the ball 85 times completing 49 of them for 492 yards. Gaffney and Caldwell combined for 337 yards on 30 receptions with 2 TDs.

So Gaffney + Caldwell accounted for 61.2% of the receptions and 68.5% of the receiving yardage.

You will note that Brady had only FOUR more completions than Peyton Manning.