[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's be honest.....

TheGrunt

Colts vs. Saints :clap:

Patriots vs. Bears :D

Patriots vs. Saints :D

Colts vs. Bears :bash:

If the Colts end up playing the Bears, we'll probably see another game similar to the Colts vs. Ravens. A hard fought defensive bore that ended up with only field goals being scored. :doh:

If the Patriots go to the Super Bowl, it won't matter who they play, I'd be less excited about this Super Bowl since the Giants vs. Ravens Super Bowl back in 2001.

While the Colts vs. Bears game would make for a quality Super Bowl matchup, it's a fair assumption to say that the Colts vs. Saints will be a high-scoring, exciting game that will come down to the last drive of the game.

The Colts are a team that will definitely make a an exciting Super Bowl simply because Peyton Manning and Co. are one that has been talked about for years, but never quite made it to the big game. The Saints will make for an awesome story that ends with a Super Bowl run for the title of best team in the 2006-07 NFL league.

My guess is that the Colts will play the Saints, and when they do I see Peyton Manning taking home his first Super Bowl ring. Regardless of the Saints Super Bowl loss, there story will forever go down as one that is nothing less than amazing. They're still a young team, and have a very good chance of making it back to the Super Bowl. They Colts may or may not address the defensive issues they typically are plagued with every year, so it's up in the air whether or not they will make it back to the Super Bowl.

In either case, I think the final four teams are well deserving and will make for some great games next week. I look forward to next weekends playoff excitement leading up to the Super Bowl! :tup:

I honestly believe (as I am sure many do, though not all) that the AFC Champ wins the SB. If it's the Colts, I'm going to the movies that day instead. :D

I don't know about that. The AFC teams do seem like the more dominant franchises over the NFC, but if the Patriots play the Bears or the Saints in the Super Bowl, it could go either way.

This also goes with the Colts, if they are to make it to the Super Bowl. The Bears have a great defensive team, and while the offense is inconsistent, they can still win games, just as they have been all year. The Saints as well can win games. Whether they play the NFC or AFC, the Saints are not just a 'feel good story', but a legit great team.

It confuses me beyond end why some people regard the AFC as sooo much better than the NFC. Maybe it's the media building up the AFC as the more dominant conference, but if you look at the last two AFC teams left: they both have weaknesses that can and will be exlpoited by the NFC Super Bowl contender.

The Patriots are devastated by injuries, and don't have the offensive threats that they used to during their three Super Bowls title runs.

The Bears have a mean defense, far greater than any of the three other remaining teams. They have a offense that can compete with other high-profile offensive teams. But while their offense can struggle, they have the best defense to counter-balance the other inconsistencies.

The Saints have one of the best offenses in the league. If I'm not mistaken, they have the #1 high scoring offense this year. Their defense might struggle a little, but their offense makes up for it.

So where is the clear advantage that the AFC teams' have right now over the two NFC remaining teams? I just don't see it. Enlighten me, please.

I don't know about that. The AFC teams do seem like the more dominant franchises over the NFC, but if the Patriots play the Bears or the Saints in the Super Bowl, it could go either way.

This also goes with the Colts, if they are to make it to the Super Bowl. The Bears have a great defensive team, and while the offense is inconsistent, they can still win games, just as they have been all year. The Saints as well can win games. Whether they play the NFC or AFC, the Saints are not just a 'feel good story', but a legit great team.

It confuses me beyond end why some people regard the AFC as sooo much better than the NFC. Maybe it's the media building up the AFC as the more dominant conference, but if you look at the last two AFC teams left: they both have weaknesses that can and will be exlpoited by the NFC Super Bowl contender.

The Patriots are devastated by injuries, and don't have the offensive threats that they used to during their three Super Bowls title runs.

The Bears have a mean defense, far greater than any of the three other remaining teams. They have a offense that can compete with other high-profile offensive teams. But while their offense can struggle, they have the best defense to counter-balance the other inconsistencies.

The Saints have one of the best offenses in the league. If I'm not mistaken, they have the #1 high scoring offense this year. Their defense might struggle a little, but their offense makes up for it.

So where is the clear advantage that the AFC teams' have right now over the two NFC remaining teams? I just don't see it. Enlighten me, please.

Obviously on any given Sunday, but, the AFC has clearly been the dominant division recently.

They have won 4 out of the last 5 Super Bowls, and 7 of the last 9.

This year, in AFC vs. NFC match-ups, the AFC won 40, while the NFC only one 24.

The Cowboys were the only team to have a winning record in inter-conference play.

Since Week 7, the AFC won 34-of-45 games against the NFC, scoring 350 more points overall (8.5 per game).

Does that mean that the AFC winner will definitely win the Super Bowl, absolutely not. However, it does show that the AFC has been the dominanat conference in recent years.

Obviously on any given Sunday, but, the AFC has clearly been the dominant division recently.

They have won 4 out of the last 5 Super Bowls, and 7 of the last 9.

This year, in AFC vs. NFC match-ups, the AFC won 40, while the NFC only one 24.

The Cowboys were the only team to have a winning record in inter-conference play.

Since Week 7, the AFC won 34-of-45 games against the NFC, scoring 350 more points overall (8.5 per game).

Does that mean that the AFC winner will definitely win the Super Bowl, absolutely not. However, it does show that the AFC has been the dominanat conference in recent years.

+1

However, it does show that the AFC has been the dominanat conference in recent years.

While all that might be true (factual numbers and statistics are very open for debate, and far from being set-in-stone), if the Colts make it, then we all know that Peyton Manning can out-choke Rex Grossman on any given sunday, or even on a wednesday. And that's the truth.

Brady has owned Peyton for years...doubt it will be any different this time around

Do you mean Brady has owned Peyton for years as in the 2005 season (Colts 40 Patriots 21), or this last season (Colts 27 Patriots 20)??

The Colts have won their last two matchups, and the last time the Patiots beat the Colts was in 2004. :D

Brady The Patriots have owned Peyton the Colts for years...doubt it will be any different this time around

Fixed

Or the Mangini coached defensive gameplan did.

This Colts team, taking pressure off of Peyton with more rushing and defense, may be different. We'll have to wait and see if it is

The AFC was definitely better than the NFC this year. But the top two seeds in the AFC are gone while the top two seeds in the NFC are still playing. I think the Saints or the Bears can beat either remaining AFC team.

Yup. The playoffs are a whole new game though.

As proven last year, even the last place seed, or a wildcard team, can go through and dominate the rest of the teams all the way to a Super Bowl victory. This year's Super Bowl should be a very good one... despite the possibility that it could be the Pats vs. Bears. :D