[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

winners this weekend

isleseeya

Wanted to see who majority of huddlers would pick this weekend based on the spreads and the over under ....I am also in a playoff pool ( in 4th place out of 49 guys ) so I have to pick and am leaning on taking ;

The saints getting 2.5 pts and taking the under ( under 43 ) ...

And taking the colts giving 3.5 and taking the over ( 47 pts ) ...

What to you say ?

Bears and the under--I think the Saints, playing outdoors, will be at a huge disadvantage, moreso than ever. With impact players such as Brees (San Diego and dome), McCalliser (dome for 6 years) and Bush (USC and dome) not having that much experience playing outdoors in sub-20 degree weather, I believe they struggle. I also think Chicago will be able to move the ball at times, as the Saints are 26th in the league in yards allowed per play. Chicago will have just enough offense, and enough defense, to win the game.

Chicago 20, Saints 13.

Pats and the under--until someone can give me a good reason to bet against Brady and Bellichek, I'll side with them. The Colts offense has looked pedestrian these first two games, and have had to rely on defense to win. But the difference, as has been the case all decade, will be Brady, who will have greater success than McNair or Pennington, two lesser QBs. Add on a NE defense that has owned Manning over the years, and the Pats earn yet another trip to the Bowl.

Pats 24, Colts 20

Saints(under)-I know it'll be cold in the windy city and the Saints are an indoor team. They're also a pretty decent road team. I think the Saints will pressure Grossman enough forcing him into several key turnovers and that'll be the difference maker. SAINTS in a squeaker 21-20

Colts(over)- After the way the Pats hung in there and battled against the Chargers it's hard to go against them. I however DO believe that Peyton IS going to win a superbowl, as he certainly deserves one, and I think the gods will smile on him this year with a ring. He certainly has had 2 sub-par games by his standards and I think he steps up in this one. I just don't think he's gonna let the Pats beat the Colts and spoil their best chance yet at getting to a superbowl. COLTS win the AFC 31-21

Bears and the under--I think the Saints, playing outdoors, will be at a huge disadvantage, moreso than ever. With impact players such as Brees (San Diego and dome), McCalliser (dome for 6 years) and Bush (USC and dome) not having that much experience playing outdoors in sub-20 degree weather, I believe they struggle. I also think Chicago will be able to move the ball at times, as the Saints are 26th in the league in yards allowed per play. Chicago will have just enough offense, and enough defense, to win the game.

Chicago 20, Saints 13.

Pats and the under--until someone can give me a good reason to bet against Brady and Bellichek, I'll side with them. The Colts offense has looked pedestrian these first two games, and have had to rely on defense to win. But the difference, as has been the case all decade, will be Brady, who will have greater success than McNair or Pennington, two lesser QBs. Add on a NE defense that has owned Manning over the years, and the Pats earn yet another trip to the Bowl.

Pats 24, Colts 20

weather.com says 35 degrees in Chicago Sunday.

Wanted to see who majority of huddlers would pick this weekend based on the spreads and the over under ....I am also in a playoff pool ( in 4th place out of 49 guys ) so I have to pick and am leaning on taking ;

The saints getting 2.5 pts and taking the under ( under 43 ) ...

And taking the colts giving 3.5 and taking the over ( 47 pts ) ...

What to you say ?

NO/under

NE/over

Good info and advice so far thanks ....most huddlers so far have advised going saints and under which I think is most logical way to go although a few huddlers made good arguments for bears ..still leaning saints

And still leaning colts ( again most rcommend colts ) ....over and under in colts game is still up in the air as their are varying opinions ...

I expect colts to score in the high 20's possible hit 30 pts + ...and pats to keep it fairly close ( I think colts cover but no blow out ) which would make m belive pts will go over ...

Anyone who thinks colts - pats will be under 47 pts , let m know why if you can

Bears and the under--I think the Saints, playing outdoors, will be at a huge disadvantage, moreso than ever. With impact players such as Brees (San Diego and dome), McCalliser (dome for 6 years) and Bush (USC and dome) not having that much experience playing outdoors in sub-40 degree weather, I believe they struggle. I also think Chicago will be able to move the ball at times, as the Saints are 26th in the league in yards allowed per play. Chicago will have just enough offense, and enough defense, to win the game.

Chicago 20, Saints 16

fixed...the extra 15 degrees will be worth about another FG...happy now?

:D

Anyone who thinks colts - pats will be under 47 pts , let m know why if you can

See my post above.

Also, know that when everyone likes one side, it is more than prudent to go the other way.

Using this theory, the Bears and Pats, as I picked, are your plays.

After all, i am the swammi!

See my post above.

Also, know that when everyone likes one side, it is more than prudent to go the other way.

Using this theory, the Bears and Pats, as I picked, are your plays.

After all, i am the swammi!

oh that explains the new avi and sig :D

oh that explains the new avi and sig :clap:

I believe this thread is asking for help with the point spreads. And though you like my new avi and sig, my Eagles did indeed cover the 5.5+ spread, chippy :D

Though winning is the ultimate, cash is king :D How much did you make on the Saints last weekend? :bash:

weather.com now says:

Sunday: Snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s with temperatures nearly steady overnite. Winds NNW at 10-15 mph.

Hmm, temps in the 20's, and snow with moderate wind.

Do yourself a favor....bet against the dome team, led by a QB who has played the bulk of his games in San Diego/dome, and an RB who has played the bulk of his games at USC/dome.

Don't kid yourself...the weather will distract the Saints, and be a factor in this game. I doubt Brees will be whipping the ball all over Soldier Field in snow, 20 degree temps, and 10-15 mph winds.

And led by a QB who played his college career at Purdue....I doubt this is his first snow game.

Purdue ends its home season in November.....I didn't know Indiana gets a lot of snow in November.

Moreover, the idea isn't so much about the snow...its about an offense that relies on the passing game to have success outside of its usual perfect enviornment. Trying to take an aerial assault, which is used to operating in 72 degree temps with no wind, outdoors in 25-30 degree weather with 10-20 MPH winds, is certainly not ideal. Just ask the Colts about their successes playing in Pitt and New England over the years.

Lean heavy on the Bears and the under.....you'll be glad you did.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

weather.com now says:

Sunday: Snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s with temperatures nearly steady overnite. Winds NNW at 10-15 mph.

Hmm, temps in the 20's, and snow with moderate wind.

Do yourself a favor....bet against the dome team, led by a QB who has played the bulk of his games in San Diego/dome, and an RB who has played the bulk of his games at USC/dome.

Don't kid yourself...the weather will distract the Saints, and be a factor in this game. I doubt Brees will be whipping the ball all over Soldier Field in snow, 20 degree temps, and 10-15 mph winds.

and where'd Rex Grossman play his college ball??

What'd he play like 7 games in the NFL before this season? How many of them were in cold weather?

Look I'm not betting on any games but I think that the Saints have a great chance to beat Chicago this week. And unless it's brutally cold (and temps in the 20's ain't even close) I don't think the weather's gonna be a factor.

and where'd Rex Grossman play his college ball??

What'd he play like 7 games in the NFL before this season? How many of them were in cold weather?

Look I'm not betting on any games but I think that the Saints have a great chance to beat Chicago this week. And unless it's brutally cold (and temps in the 20's ain't even close) I don't think the weather's gonna be a factor.

I'm not saying the Saints don't have a chance...they do...that's why the spread is just 2.5 points.

And you are right, Grossman hasn't played alot in cold weather, either. So let's assume the weather affects both offenses equally, for discussion purposes.

You are then left with the Saints playing on the road, with a lesser defense, in a sport where defenses notoriously win championships.

Just my opinion, but the Bears win this, and cover....20-13 still sounds about right.