[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heeeeeere we go again

msaint

pretty much

to some of these guys, it is more about the possibility of the pats winning a 4th SB this year............because they know that the pats are also in a position to load up again with extra draft picks, have tons of cap space, and seem like they're just going to keep going year after year.........even though they predicted this franchise would go down after losing hall of famer (law) after hall of famer (vinatieri) as well as an SB MVP (branch), and a number of other starters (mcginest, givens, ashworth, andruzzi, patten) not to mention coaches (weis, crennel, mangini).........and guess what??? they are in the AFC championship game.......they are quaking in their boots about what they will have to say about belichick if the pats manage to pull it off this time

they are afraid

I don't think that's it at all. Some people in the Northeast have difficulty understanding this at times, but the rest of America doesn't really give a crap about Belichick, the Pats legacy, or New England in general. They're basically just sick of hearing about the Patriots through the pro-NE, ESPN-dominated sports media. It's similar to how people outside of Texas were sick and tired of the Cowboys by the mid '90s, but without the media propaganda machine.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true. They have banners for division champion years and AFC finalist. Then again, they've only been there for 23 years. How many decades did it take the Patriots to win a championship? :D

No problems with a Divisional Champion Banner. But one for making the AFC Conference Title game? That's as big a stretch as it gets. They give themselves a banner for NOT making it to the Super Bowl. WHich of course, begs another question - what does Polian raise if they make the SB and lose? An AFC Title Banner and something like this?

I don't think that's it at all. Some people in the Northeast have difficulty understanding this at times, but the rest of America doesn't really give a crap about Belichick, the Pats legacy, or New England in general. They're basically just sick of hearing about the Patriots through the pro-NE, ESPN-dominated sports media. It's similar to how people outside of Texas were sick and tired of the Cowboys by the mid '90s, but without the media propaganda machine.

In other words: networks LOVE a winner, and fans of losing teams don't want to hear about them.

How much pro-Pats coverage was there in 2000?

No problems with a Divisional Champion Banner. But one for making the AFC Conference Title game? That's as big a stretch as it gets. They give themselves a banner for NOT making it to the Super Bowl. WHich of course, begs another question - what does Polian raise if they make the SB and lose? An AFC Title Banner and something like this?

How is being a Division Champ more of an accomplishment than getting to the conference championship game? Did the one-and-out "Division Champ" Seahawks accomplish more than the '95 Colts? And an AFC Title banner would certainly mean more than being the Division Champ banner, no?

Edited by Bill Swerski

How is being a Division Champ more of an accomplishment than getting to the conference championship game? Did the one-and-out "Division Champ" Seahawks accomplish more than the Colts or Pats this year? And an AFC Title banner would certainly mean more than being the Division Champ banner, no?

C'mon. Don't fish. You hang a banner when you WIN something that's at a finish line. Win the division, hang a banner. Advance in the playoffs, lose before the finals and STILL hang a banner? s - t - r - e - t - c - h.

Of course an AFC Title banner is better than a divisonal banner, but since we're talking about the Colts, we're not talking about AFC Champs now are we?

justify it how you like: it's cheesy. :D:D

C'mon. Don't fish. You hang a banner when you WIN something that's at a finish line. Win the division, hang a banner. Advance in the playoffs, lose before the finals and STILL hang a banner? s - t - r - e - t - c - h.

Of course an AFC Title banner is better than a divisonal banner, but since we're talking about the Colts, we're not talking about AFC Champs now are we?

justify it how you like: it's cheesy. :D:D

LOL, this coming from a Bears fan. :bash:

Oh, I wouldn't have put up an "AFC Finalist" banner. I'm not trying to justify that. But you have to admit that sneaking into the playoffs as a Wild Card and winning two tough road games is a lot more impressive than winning a Mickey Mouse division and then getting your ass handed to you in the Divisional game.

LOL, this coming from a Bears fan. :D

Oh, I wouldn't have put up an "AFC Finalist" banner. I'm not trying to justify that. But you have to admit that sneaking into the playoffs as a Wild Card and winning two tough road games is a lot more impressive than winning a Mickey Mouse division and then getting your ass handed to you in the Divisional game.

arent you/werent you a bears fan?

Oh, I wouldn't have put up an "AFC Finalist" banner. I'm not trying to justify that.

That's what I've been ripping on, but this reads:

How is being a Division Champ more of an accomplishment than getting to the conference championship game? Did the one-and-out "Division Champ" Seahawks accomplish more than the '95 Colts?

Like a justification of some type.

And Bill, I know Tuesdays for you means you're a Colts fan (isn't Thursday your Bears day?) but I can rip on recent playoff history all I want, seeing as how the most recent success of my team was 20 years ago, and yours was 30+ when Shula coached your team when they were in another city.

And if those Colts aren't ones you were a fan of (who were your teams in the 70's anyways?) then you have NO successful playoff history to even speak of, although maybe you get off the schneid this season.

That's what I've been ripping on, but this reads:

Like a justification of some type.

It was never a justification. I've said that several times already.

And Bill, I know Tuesdays for you means you're a Colts fan (isn't Thursday your Bears day?) but I can rip on recent playoff history all I want,

LOL, that's original. :D

You're right, I root for two non-rival football teams in different conferences. I'm not sure why that's such a big deal. But I do find it humorous that some momo who is still living in 1985 is telling me what kind of fan I am.

Edited by Bill Swerski

hey seriously though...ya think bill will request extra security this sunday to ensure that your Megan Fox of gm doesnt punch anyone in the pats organization?

I think I've made my feelings about Polian abundantly clear...

Unfortunately, I agree completely. Dude can draft and cap-manage a team like a whiz, but couldn't shut his freaking mouth to save his life.

Nice try, though. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

"When you have blitzing teams and you allow that downfield stuff, such as what happened to Reggie Wayne, you're going to limit offense. That's the net of it. You encourage the power-running game, you discourage the passing game ... That's not good, when the best teams play that way. That's not good for the health of the game."

Translation = "Give my pass happy team more points....next year I would like to have pass interference penalties awarded to DBs who come within 15 yards of my receivers"

"When you have blitzing teams and you allow that downfield stuff, such as what happened to Reggie Wayne, you're going to limit offense. That's the net of it. You encourage the power-running game, you discourage the passing game ... That's not good, when the best teams play that way. That's not good for the health of the game."

Translation = "Give my pass happy team more points....next year I would like to have pass interference penalties awarded to DBs who come within 15 yards of my receivers"

Translation: "Please non-chalantly look the other way when Pats DBs and LBs commit illegal contact and pass interference all day. We no longer have Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, or the crappy Massachusetts winter weather to stop the Colts passing game." :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

but I can rip on recent playoff history all I want,

:D You can't rip on teams until Bill says you can. Didn't you get the memo? :bash:

Internal Huddle Memorandum - Template of football discussions with Swerski when you make any kind of disparaging comment regarding the Colts and/or Bears

1a - You: The Colts and/or Bears have problems with _______.

1b - Bill: :clap: This coming from a ________fan.

2a - You: Blah blah............blah.

2b - Billl: :D Blah blah blah.....blah.

Repeat step 2a and 2b multiple times, but the intellgent discourse will never end on Step 2a unless DMD happens to lock or gun the thread at that point.

Let the particular thread dwindle to the bottom of the page. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

:D You can't rip on teams until Bill says you can. Didn't you get the memo? :bash:

Internal Huddle Memorandum - Template of football discussions with Swerski when you make any kind of disparaging comment regarding the Colts and/or Bears

1a - You: The Colts and/or Bears have problems with _______.

1b - Bill: :tup: This coming from a ________fan.

2a - You: Blah blah............blah.

2b - Billl: :D Blah blah blah.....blah.

Repeat step 2a and 2b multiple times, but the intellgent discourse will never end on Step 2a unless DMD happens to lock or gun the thread at that point.

Let the particular thread dwindle to the bottom of the page. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Good one, Mr. Popularity! :clap: That same template could be applied to any discussion involving you and a Steelers fan. What's that they say about throwing stones from a glass house? :doh:

Edited by Bill Swerski