[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Bears

SLAYER

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to the Bears, you certainly played a championship game. I'll be pulling for you next week hoping the NFC and the Bears for that matter, get the respect they deserve. Y'all set up a sig & decide which avy & I'll proudly don it til the conclusion of the Pro Bowl.

Congratulations, your team played a heck of a game. Out Coached, Out Played, All around Good Game. Not to make excuses, but a small dose of Ref. help and ya'll know it. I think we opened some eyes, and we do have a great team. Good Luck in the Bowl.... :D

Congratulations, your team played a heck of a game. Out Coached, Out Played, All around Good Game. Not to make excuses, but a small dose of Ref. help and ya'll know it. I think we opened some eyes, and we do have a great team. Good Luck in the Bowl.... :bash:

:D It never fails. :D

Also, the invisiable Offensive Pass Interference early in the first Qtr. 1st :D of the game. I think the ref thought it was about that time to throw a flag...

:D:bash:

Nobody's teams ever just lose anymore.

Edited by Menudo

:D:D

Hey, I got to bich about something, my team just got the butts kicked. Its only human nature. Dude I know we got spanked BAD. The better team won. But its still not your same ole SAINTS, I think this team is for real and will be back....

Also, the invisiable Offensive Pass Interference early in the first Qtr. 1st :D of the game. I think the ref thought it was about that time to throw a flag...

I find it amazing that a 25 point game was decided by a PI call against the offense. And the FG that came from the fumble.

:D:bash:

:clap:

I can't get enough how protective and defensive you are about any referee call this year. I don't know if you've been this quick to jump the gun regarding a questionable call a ref has made in any game previous last years Super Bowl. But you sure do seem to do it a lot this year, and more often than not you are defending the ref.

It's obvious the refs don't dictate the true winner or outcome of a game, but there becomes a point where you are allowed to question the calls a ref makes and not be considered a :D . Refs make bad calls sometimes, accept it. I'm pretty sure this sort of complaining has happened much longer than just this last year over calls that some refs make. It's the whole reason the NFL adopted the option to challenge calls.

:D

I can't get enough how protective and defensive you are about any referee call this year. I don't know if you've been this quick to jump the gun regarding a questionable call a ref has made in any game previous last years Super Bowl. But you sure do seem to do it a lot this year, and more often than not you are defending the ref.

It's obvious the refs don't dictate the true winner or outcome of a game, but there becomes a point where you are allowed to question the calls a ref makes and not be considered a :D . Refs make bad calls sometimes, accept it. I'm pretty sure this sort of complaining has happened much longer than just this last year over calls that some refs make. It's the whole reason the NFL adopted the option to challenge calls.

Believe what you want, but, I've always hated it. To question a call is one thing, to try to say that the refs determined a win or a loss is pathetic. Fans are always so quick to blame officiating, and it is annoying. I've NEVER blamed a loss of any team I root for or play on to officiating. It is the talk of loser and is weak.

I like the Chicago avi's. We'll have an 'official'one tomorrow.

Unless someone really disgrees, here's my idea for the sig:

I, your friendly yet arrogant neighborhood Saints fan, have learned as good as the Saints are, the Chicago Bears are better. See you next year: our team is here to stay.

Geaux Bears!

Believe what you want, but, I've always hated it. To question a call is one thing, to try to say that the refs determined a win or a loss is pathetic. Fans are always so quick to blame officiating, and it is annoying. I've NEVER blamed a loss of any team I root for or play on to officiating. It is the talk of loser and is weak.

Well you know Menudo you are pretty ignorant or blind if you don't think calls can win or lose games. What's worse is when a call is looked at thru instant replay and they still get it wrong. Sorry Menudo calls have and will forever be a part of football.

I like the Chicago avi's. We'll have an 'official'one tomorrow.

Unless someone really disgrees, here's my idea for the sig:

I, your friendly yet arrogant neighborhood Saints fan, have learned as good as the Saints are, the Chicago Bears are better. Perhaps we'll be lucky and lose to the Bears by less next year.

Geaux Bears!

The original was a bit too timid so I fixed it a bit. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Crisp & Darin, PM me your address & lemme know if you like your beer dark(Turbodog) or light(Abita Amber).

please send me abita amber. and then, don't send it. drink it and remember what a fine yr da saints had and root for the bears in the bowl (which it sounds like you are already). after reading all the threads, i think people are wrong about the calls and officiating. most of them were right on. a couple of maybe this or maybe that, but it was actually pretty good. i would like to see the review the refs get by the league. i bet they did well in there grading system. jmo.

The ball was clearly moving before his knee was down.

I don't believe the question was whether or not the ball was moving, but rather did he have control of the ball when his knee hit. I agree that the ball was moving however I felt he had control of the ball still. But what do I know...

Well you know Menudo you are pretty ignorant or blind if you don't think calls can win or lose games. What's worse is when a call is looked at thru instant replay and they still get it wrong. Sorry Menudo calls have and will forever be a part of football.

There are usually calls that are missed on both sides. I'm not saying bad calls don't happen or don't have an effect on the game....they can and sometimes do. However, pointing to them as an excuse for why your team lost is and always will be weak.

Bears fans let me know what I need to put up as sig and avi and it will be done! Good luck and geaux Bears!

Here is the sig:

I, your friendly yet arrogant neighborhood Saints fan, have learned as good as the Saints are, the Chicago Bears are better. Perhaps we'll be lucky and lose to the Bears by less next year.

Geaux Bears!

========

Any later today or tomorrow.

Cunning has volunteered to put together a gif for you guys. Some of you already sport them so I assume you have a link for them to go?

There are usually calls that are missed on both sides. I'm not saying bad calls don't happen or don't have an effect on the game....they can and sometimes do. However, pointing to them as an excuse for why your team lost is and always will be weak.

That's exactly why I loved the idea of instant replay. I was actually foolish enough to think instant replay would take away at least one excuse for the losing team. However to be honest, whenever a play is being reviewed whether or not it will hurt or help my team my confidence in them getting the call right isn't very high. What's funny is even that last fumble by Brees that was obviously a fumble that was being reviewed I felt there was still a decent chance 25% the Saints would retain possession. :D

For the life of me I can't understand how it can't be 100% correct especially when over ruling a call made on the field.