[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Victory Brewing Co.

loaf

Don't care much for the Monkey. Not my style.

Hop Devil is frickin awesome thought! :D

I like belgians, but I've gotta be in the right frame of mind for them. Usually spring or early summer, kicking back in the afternoon in the back yard, or grilling mussels.

Mussels, now your talking. :D Grilled even better. :D

I'm not much on belgian style ales. That's something I need to work on.

As I said, I like most belgians. However, I only like them a few at a time. I'm not going to sit down and drink a pile of them while playing cards. They fit in a certain niche of my drinking portfolio. Much like stouts or porters.

Well, before the Victory, I had a Bison organic Chocolate Stout and afterwards I had a Lion Stout (from Sri Lanka). I got it at a local chain bar/restaurant called the Winking Lizard. They have 100 or so beers on hand at all times. They do this beer event all year long where if you drink one of each beer on the list, you'll get a prize...not sure what the prize is since I"m not doing the tour...

As I said, I like most belgians. However, I only like them a few at a time. I'm not going to sit down and drink a pile of them while playing cards. They fit in a certain niche of my drinking portfolio. Much like stouts or porters.

Speaking of porter.......I picked up some Yuengling porter on the way home tonight. :D

Not my favorite example of the style, but hey, there ain't many to chose from and it is not an unpleasant beverage. :D

Well, before the Victory, I had a Bison organic Chocolate Stout and afterwards I had a Lion Stout (from Sri Lanka). I got it at a local chain bar/restaurant called the Winking Lizard. They have 100 or so beers on hand at all times. They do this beer event all year long where if you drink one of each beer on the list, you'll get a prize...not sure what the prize is since I"m not doing the tour...

The "winking lizard?" :D Actually, any place with 100 beers on the menu is ok in my book. :D

How long do you have to drink the beers, a month or two?

While I love stout, I'm not a hugh fan of chocolate stouts. However, organic chocolate stout sounds interesting. I'd try that. Even in a winking lizard place.

Edited by Brewer

On the porter subject, Shipyards Brewers Choice for 2007 is a honey blossom porter. It's a limited run brewed in January. When it's gone it's gone.

Checked with my local packy and the distributor has not gotten it out of ME yet. When they do it will be mine! :D

I actually have a homebrew recipe for Hop Devil that the victory brewers were kind enough to give me. :D Good beer.

Yuengling porter is a fine brew and even better at the price. Every time I go up to PA I bring back a couple of cases as I can't get it here in VA. :D

I work 10 minutes from the brewery. All their beers are excellent. They have an extra hop thats really good if your into that. (Hop Wallop)

Their seasonals are also excellent. Storm King especially. They cut you off of Golden Monkey after 2 at the bar but they will serve you other types.

Yuengling Porter is a staple in my house and the Light lager is even drinkable :D

Edited by Zooty

I had a Golden Monkey when I was in North Carolina over the summer. It was nice but I really liked this one:

Pisgah Solstice

Pisgah's first Belgian style. A Tripel ale, this beer contains moderately fruity esters with an alcoholic complexity supported by a soft malt character. This beer is pale gold in color and 9% ABV.

As far as I can tell, it's only available in North Carolina. I'd like to be wrong about that.

I work 10 minutes from the brewery. All their beers are excellent. They have an extra hop thats really good if your into that. (Hop Wallop)

Their seasonals are also excellent. Storm King especially. They cut you off of Golden Monkey after 2 at the bar but they will serve you other types.

Yuengling Porter is a staple in my house and the Light lager is even drinkable :D

There's jobs in Pottsville??

Victory is in Downington, I work in Exton.

I live Reading, about 20 minutes from Pottsville though.

We should get together for a brew sometime.

I work in Reading and live near Pottsville.

Just had a Hop Devil at lunch yesterday at the Pike Cafe. :D

We should get together for a brew sometime.

I work in Reading and live near Pottsville.

Just had a Hop Devil at lunch yesterday at the Pike Cafe. :D

Brave man going into the Pike though I hear its classed itself up a bit. Been to the Northest Taproom?