[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, how did you become an NFL fan?

PantherDave

Well, as the title of the thread states-"fan of the NFL", I guess that's what I am. I got into the Panthers during their super bowl run, so I keep up with them, I'd also love to see SF rise up outta the ashes and be a contender again, and I'd like to see the Cardinals gain some consistencey as a franchise..well ok,some positive consistencey. As for franchises like the Lions..I'm starting to suspect that Barry somehow cursed them? I(like another poster said)really use fantasy football to spread out the enjoyment of the NFL experience, as my favorite team would be my fantasy team that's doing the best. As for the old Oilers, I think many years they had the best or one of the best teams and could never make it over the top..or kick that damn door down.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family always watched the NFL. As far back as I can remember, I would watch, & fall asleep on my Dad's lap to the sound of football as a little guy. We moved from Southern CA to Northern when I was very young, so we didn't live close enough actually go to games. Dad is a Rams fan & Mom loved the Raiders, although she has since recovered. :D I played flag football in elementary school for a team called The Eagles, so they were the first team I rooted for, but I hooked on to the Seahawks not long after because they were the "New" team in the league, they were from our region, & Zorn & Largent were bad-ass. I also collected football cards voraciously during that time, & by the time I started playing Pop Warner for the Yreka Marauders/Cyclones, I knew I'd be a lifer...

Edited by Bonehand

I was born with a love of sports, so I dont recall the time I fell in love with the NFL. But I can tell you when I became a Cleveland Browns fan. When I was a kid we would heat our house with a wood burning stove. My dad, being from Cleveland, is a hugh Browns fan. Well on days when the Browns would win I would get to go outside and play. On days when they would loose my dad would be so pissed he would want to go out and chop wood. Well guess who had to haul the wood he chopped to the basement? Yep, little ol' Cameltoesis. So every Sunday I would be on the couch next to my old man rooting for Bernie, Mack, Ozzie, Clay, and the boys. Good thing they were decent then and not the mess they are now.