[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A sure sign that maybe your team is not "all that"

DMD

When Denny Green refuses to interview for a head coaching job...

Green rebuffs Raiders interview requestBy Len Pasquarelli

Former Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green, rumored in some quarters to be a candidate for the Oakland head coaching job, on Tuesday rebuffed overtures from the Raiders to interview for the position.

A published report in the Bay Area indicated that Green would interview with the team on Tuesday.

Sources in the Oakland organization told ESPN.com on Monday night, however, that Green's name wasn't even raised in casual conversations until earlier that day. It wasn't until Tuesday that the Raiders contacted Green's agent to arrange an interview, and they were told he was not interested in a meeting.

So far there has been Rob Ryan, Jim Fassel and Steve Sarkisian (USC Asst HC). Plus James Loften has interviewed twice with them.

I think I would do the same thing. If you are being asked to interview only to satisfy the league rule for interviewing a minority, and had no chance in hell of being hired, why bother?

edit:

Oooops, I forgot Loften interviewed.

Edited by charty

When Denny Green refuses to interview for a head coaching job...

So far there has been Rob Ryan, Jim Fassel and Steve Sarkisian (USC Asst HC). Plus James Loften has interviewed twice with them.

I think Lofton gets it not because they love him, but he is the only one willing to take it.

Maybe Oakland is like the NFL minor league for coaches. A place to go just to pay your dues before moving on to greener pastures. After you coach that team, you should be ready for just about anything.

I think I would do the same thing. If you are being asked to interview only to satisfy the league rule for interviewing a minority, and had no chance in hell of being hired, why bother?

edit:

Oooops, I forgot Loften interviewed.

Isn't Art Shell black?

:D

Actually, Green has been interviewed by the Raiders on 4 different occasions, over the years. He's probably tired of the dog and pony show, by now. They should know, what he's about, by this time. If they really want him, they can make an offer, they should know all they need.

Lofton wants to be a HC. They have been negotiating a contract for a few days an still can't get it done. They want a figurehead HC, but wont give the hire the power to hire his own staff from top to bottom.

Martz, Green, both said "No way!"

I like Loton, and that job could kill his future as a HC later for other teams. Sure he is 50 and this may be his only shot, but it is obviously NOT a good job situation!