[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick caught with trick water bottle

rajncajn

http://www.nbc6.net/news/10778218/detail.html

SA: Michael Vick Had Water Bottle With Secret Compartment At MIA

POSTED: 10:01 pm EST January 17, 2007

UPDATED: 10:11 pm EST January 17, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

MIAMI -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was found Wednesday at Miami International Airport allegedly carrying a water bottle with a hidden compartment, TSA Operations Center Officials said.

Vick was going through the Concourse G screening point to board an AirTran flight when officials said he was reluctant to give up his bottle of water.

Airport officials said that it was a 20 oz. Aquafina bottle and the bottle's label concealed a seam, which separated the top and the bottom of the bottle.

Both ends were sealed by clear partitions and what appeared to be a silicone sealant, TSA supervisors said.

The concealed compartment contained a small amount of a dark particulate and officials describe a pungent aroma closely associated with Josh Gordon.

Officials said that the lower half of the bottle was almost completely full of a clear liquid and the top half contained a small amount of that same clear liquid.

TSA officials said that when the bottle was held upright, it appeared to be half full of water.

A TSA screener identified the man who was reluctant to give up the bottle as Vick.

Miami-Dade police have received flight reservation confirmation that Vick was on an AirTran flight No. 338 Wednesday to Atlanta.

Vick has not been arrested and the substance found inside the bottle is being analyzed at a Miami-Dade Police Department lab.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They tell you not to leave your water bottles out of your sight at the airport but I always thought they were just being excessively protective. That Al Queda would use Michael Vick just shows how none of us are safe.

Awesome!

I mean, how dumb can you really be in this day and age to try something like that?

If he really tried to sneak the Josh Gordon..... :D. Can't these guys wait to smoke Josh Gordon when they retire in 10 years. I'll manage to wait somehow someway.......for tens of millions less and 30+ more years. :D

If he really tried to sneak the Josh Gordon..... :D. Can't these guys wait to smoke Josh Gordon when they retire in 10 years. I'll manage to wait somehow someway.......for tens of millions less and 30+ more years. :D

Exactly. I'm going to get ferociously stoned when I retire but until then my company drug tests, so I won't. Simple really.

I wonder how much this will cost him in lot sponsorship? Sad really, as Vick seemed to be a good role model for kids (for a pro athlete anyway). Stupid actually, because if it were in his luggage he could have plead ignorance. He’ll plead ignorance to spin it, but it’s gonna be a hard sell if he was reluctant to give up the bottle. Anyone know what the penalty for this is if he’s convicted?

Just read this over at Roto, and when a ship really starts to sink there is nothing that can be done. Take his precedence over running than passng, still getting his chops busted over the whole Ron Mexico debacle(AND RIGHTFULLY SO), the flipping off of the crowd, the coach under bus debate...and now Josh Gordon ala Josh Gordon smoker and blatent obvious attempt to decieve said Josh Gordon while traveling the airways. It's still awhile before training camp and such, could we be seeing the beginning and rise of the Matt ScHaub era and the decline and fall of Mike Vick :D I could see Vick as a Raider-then again that may be a conditioned rsponse now for the team for the bad boy's.

Edited by Capt. Waffle

Jeez what an idiot. :D

The concealed compartment contained a small amount of a dark particulate and officials describe a pungent aroma closely associated with Josh Gordon.

Sounds like this is hash or hash oil. I guess if he just has to have some, at least he's doing the best there is.

But jeez what an idiot. :D:bash:

I wonder how much this will cost him in lot sponsorship? Sad really, as Vick seemed to be a good role model for kids (for a pro athlete anyway). Stupid actually, because if it were in his luggage he could have plead ignorance. He’ll plead ignorance to spin it, but it’s gonna be a hard sell if he was reluctant to give up the bottle. Anyone know what the penalty for this is if he’s convicted?

Let's see.......herpes scandal, flipping off the crowd, and now this. Dang if he is a good role model, I would hate to see a bad one.

This is clearly the fault of Jim Mora Jr. & the ATL D. If Mora, Jr were a better coach he would have taught Vick that transporting dope was naughty. If the ATL D had played better this season, Vick would be in the process of leading the Falcons to a Super Bowl title and wouldn't have been getting on that plane.

In any case, this is obviously not Vick's fault. In fact, he may have heroically taken the psuedo-water bottle from one of his team mates to prevent the team mate from flunking a drug test and was merely taking the dope on the plane to dispose of the drugs as the plane passed over a body of water.

:D

Let's see.......herpes scandal, flipping off the crowd, and now this. Dang if he is a good role model, I would hate to see a bad one.

Ray Lewis - Eyewitness to a murder, refused to tetify as to who the murderers were ~ convicted for obstruction of justice.

Leonard Little - DUI ~ vehicular homicide.

Rae Carruth - Murder.

Bong Morris - Possesion with intent to distribute.

Need me to go on?

In fact, he may have heroically taken the psuedo-water bottle from one of his team mates to prevent the team mate from flunking a drug test and was merely taking the dope on the plane to dispose of the drugs as the plane passed over a body of water.

Of course, we won't mention that if Vick tried to throw the bottle into the Atlantic Ocean as the plane was passing over it, he would haved missed the ocean by about 500 miles....