[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fox Apologizes for F-Word on a T-Shirt

Rockerbraves

Fox TV has issued an apology for showing a fan wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words "F**k da Eagles" during its primetime coverage of last Saturday's NFL playoff game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the New Orleans Saints. A Fox Sports spokesman said that the program aired live, without the usual 3-5 second delay. "It was unintentional, inadvertent, and we apologize," Fox Sports spokesman Dan Bell said in response to complaints from numerous religious and conservative family-activist groups, including Brent Bozell's Parents Television Council, which has spearheaded the battle against indecent speech on television. On Tuesday, Tim Winter, executive director of the PTC, issued a statement saying, "There is no doubt that this was an intentional airing of patently offensive language on the public airwaves." He added: "We are calling on our members across the nation to file formal indecency complaints with the FCC, and we urge the commission to take swift and decisive action to protect the public airwaves from those who are abusing their privilege to use them."

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2007-01-17/#2

You're right. I'd love for my children to watch a classless skank with a "F**k the Eagles" T-shirt during a playoff football game. :D

It was like 2 seconds. I am very familiar with that word and wasnt even sure myself that that was what her shirt said. And I would be very supprised if your kids can even read Bill.

And I would be very supprised if your kids can even read Bill.

Yep, they can't read very well, given that they haven't even been born yet.

It was like 2 seconds. I am very familiar with that word and wasnt even sure myself that that was what her shirt said.

LOL, what a ridiculous justification. Would it be OK for Fox to show two seconds of the Naked Idiot that runs onto the field during the Super Bowl?

My God, is crap like this and Janet's "wardrobe malfunction" what the NFL is coming to?

She had small breast!

I'm more of an as$ man myself. While a size C could be considered perfect, there's nothing wrong with slightly smaller if she's got a HOT booty to go with it. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but if I'm not mistaken a lot of women with X-Large twoobs tend to fill out with the rest of their body to match the oh-so-big fun bags.

But if they've got a nice a$s, you can usually expect the rest of the body to be proportionate and well balanced.

I'm more of an as$ man myself. While a size C could be considered perfect, there's nothing wrong with slightly smaller if she's got a HOT booty to go with it. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but if I'm not mistaken a lot of women with X-Large twoobs tend to fill out with the rest of their body to match the oh-so-big fun bags.

But if they've got a nice a$s, you can usually expect the rest of the body to be proportionate and well balanced.

Good info here :D

Good info here :D

+1

F**k the Parents Television Council.

No kidding. In 2000 there were 350 complaints nation wide about indecency on the airwaves. In 2003 that number had ballooned to 240,000. 99.8% of those complaints came from the PTC. In 2004 99.9% of the Janet Jackson breast exposure complaints came from PTC. They do nothing but bitch and moan and complain about any little f**k, s**t, and damn uttered on TV. Edited by cdrudge

No kidding. In 2000 there were 350 complaints nation wide about indecency on the airwaves. In 2003 that number had ballooned to 240,000. 99.8% of those complaints came from the PTC. In 2004 99.9% of the Janet Jackson breast exposure complaints came from PTC. They do nothing but bitch and moan and complain about any little f**k, s**t, and damn uttered on TV.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I like the idea of parents being able to watch football games with their young children without this garbage being thrown in their faces. Is that really too much to ask? You can get your f**k/s**t fix on cable 24/7.

True...I always had that theory with a flat belly...

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I like the idea of parents being able to watch football games with their young children without this garbage being thrown in their faces. Is that really too much to ask? You can get your f**k/s**t fix on cable 24/7.

By the time my son is old enough to know that word means. Having it inadverntantly shown on a TV football broadcast for a couple seconds, will be the least of my worries. Definitely not enough of an issue to waste my tax money on some bloated goverment watchdog group. I'm sure some may disagree, mostly the squishy pro big govt. Typical Republicans whose primary wish for govt. is to legislate and police morality.

By the time my son is old enough to know that word means. Having it inadverntantly shown on a TV football broadcast for a couple seconds, will be the least of my worries. Definitely not enough of an issue to waste my tax money on some bloated goverment watchdog group. I'm sure some may disagree, mostly the squishy pro big govt. Typical Republicans whose primary wish for govt. is to legislate and police morality.

My son and I (he is 3 in a couple weeks) are rewatching the game tonight on DVR. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that I can't watch The Shield or Sopranos with him in the room. Not the Shield or FX's fault but he picks up on stuff too easy...lol. Ironic...his first TV experience was the Wardrobe Super Bowl, he was born the day before and we watched it in the room.

Edited by CarryTheRock

Definitely not enough of an issue to waste my tax money on some bloated goverment watchdog group. I'm sure some may disagree, mostly the squishy pro big govt. Typical Republicans whose primary wish for govt. is to legislate and police morality.

It's not about morality. I've been an HBO subscriber for over a decade and have been an avid Sopranos and Oz (now there's some questionable television) fan. Obviously, I don't have a "moral" issue with swearing on television... or worse. However, I do believe in such a thing as "family-friendly" television, and the NFL has historically been in that category. Sports are an important part of many children's lives and the NFL would be making a big mistake if they continue to go down this route.

If the liberals who run the media want to expose their eight-year-olds to Nip/Tuck (because, you know, free speech and freedom of expression are the most important things in the whole, wide world), I won't try to stop them. Nor will I try to stop their daughters from riding the pole at the "restaurant without windows" ten years down the road. My children won't be a part of that lifestyle.

Having it inadverntantly shown on a TV football broadcast for a couple seconds, will be the least of my worries.

Oh, don't think that this indcident was "inadvertent." They tape-delay the telecasts for a reason. Somebody decided to let this through, just as they allowed Janet's titty to make a surprise appearance at the Super Bowl a few years ago. It's all about pushing the envelope to cater to the lowest-common-deniminator idiots for ratings and, most importantly, money.

Edited by Bill Swerski