[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's a tougher task for the Patriots?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a tougher task for the road dog Patriots, to play at Indy or to playing at San Diego?

San Diego had a very good defense to accompany their amazing offense. So, I would say probably the Chargers... but Indy's D finally showed up in Spades last week, so if they can keep it up, then who knows.

Indy, for a number of reasons...

(1) The weakness in the Pats D is their secondary. Rivers is relatively inexperienced and unfamiliar with Belichick's schemes. The exact opposite is true for Manning.

(2) The Field Turf and controlled climate of The Dome strongly favor the passing game, where the Colts typically excel. Indy has arguably the best WR duo in the game, while SD's aren't very good at all.

(3) The Colts D is much healthier than during the regular season and is playing extremely well right now.

(4) Kaeding has a history of blowing big kicks. Vinatieri is arguably the best clutch kicker in NFL history.

(5) The crowd noise in The Dome is going to be more of a factor than what the Pats experienced outdoors at Qualcomm. And while I'm sure that Chargers fans strongly dislike the Pats, Colts fans absolutely hate their guts and will be that much louder.

Edited by Bill Swerski

(1) The weakness in the Pats D is their secondary. Rivers is relatively inexperienced and unfamiliar with Belichick's schemes. The exact opposite is true for Manning.

(2) The Field Turf and controlled climate of The Dome strongly favor the passing game, where the Colts typically excel. Indy has arguably the best WR duo in the game, while SD's aren't very good at all.

(3) The Colts D is much healthier than during the regular season and is playing extremely well right now.

(4) Kaeding has a history of blowing big kicks. Vinatieri is arguably the best clutch kicker in NFL history.

(5) The crowd noise in The Dome is going to be more of a factor than what the Pats experienced outdoors at Qualcomm. And while I'm sure that Chargers fans strongly dislike the Pats, Colts fans absolutely hate their guts and will be that much louder.

+1. Personally I think I'll have this sig line until the SB :D

Last time I checked;

-Brady is undefeated in Domes.

Small sample size

-NE always beat Indy in the playoffs

NE has lost to Indy two years straight at Foxboro.

-Brady and Belichick are 12-1 in the playoffs

Can't argue with that

-NE defense is better then Indy's defense

Can't argue with that, either

-Manning is not playing very good right now.

Brady also sucked against a not-that-great SD secondary on Sunday.

Brady's playoffs record as a starter 12-1. Manning's won-lost playoff record as a starter 5-6. In the two playoff meetings between Brady and Manning, Brady is 2-0.

:D Yes. All of two times. Both in New England.

He threw less picks last weekend than Tom Brady did. Oh, and Manning was playing the #1 D in the league. . .

San Diego had a very good defense to accompany their amazing offense. So, I would say probably the Chargers... but Indy's D finally showed up in Spades last week, so if they can keep it up, then who knows.

And the week before. I think they will show up this week.

Brady did not play his best last week. But it was BRADY that lead the charge at the end. He was a cool cat in that come back but how many QB's (Including Manning) would of been able fend off that SD defense.

Colts fans, please remember NE is a different animal in the playoffs then the regular season, just ask Jets fans. Last time I remember NE was at INDY, the Colts lost. McGinnest goal line stop is infamous today!

Brady did not play his best last week. But it was BRADY that lead the charge at the end. He was a cool cat in that come back but how many QB's (Including Manning) would of been able fend off that SD defense.

Um, it was BRADY that threw a pick on that tying drive and he needed Troy Brown to save his ass with the strip. Or did you forget about that one? LOL, "cool cat", my ass. :D

Colts fans, please remember NE is a different animal in the playoffs then the regular season, just ask Jets fans. Last time I remember NE was at INDY, the Colts lost. McGinnest goal line stop is infamous today!

Wow, and I thought that you might've actually been interested in a logical discussion. Silly me. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Last time I checked;

-Brady is undefeated in Domes.

-Brady and Belichick are 12-1 in the playoffs

-NE defense is better then Indy's defense

While I agree all past history favors NE- I am gonna go with what I have seen lately, and in the playoffs. I think Indy wins by double digits- they are playing inspired D, playing with a chip on their shoulder. NE? wow, very fortunate to win that game- I don't think they can go into Indy, play that way, and come out with a win. Combine that with the superior O, homefield in the dome against an overrated D- you guys can spout of all the trends you want-

Indy has that look right now and is on a mission-

Indy 28

NE 17

I think it's fair to say that New England does not sport any glaring weaknesses, and their strength lies in their ability to utilize schemes that pick on the opposing team's weaknesses.

Are they a better team than Indy? Their seeding in the playoffs says no, as does the fact that they got spanked in November in Foxboro.

Yes, I think the Pats will find a way to pull this win out. That doesn't mean I think it's a foregone conclusion, that Indy is a pushover for the Pats, or that the Pats are 'better'.

Only the game will tell who is better. The team with the W at the end.

Good info here UT. :D

No kidding.

I agree that the Pats are the better overall team (they have better coaching as well) and you can't argue with their recent playoff history. Then again, everybody thought that the more-talented Detroit Tigers would stomp the Cardinals in the WS.

No kidding.

I agree that the Pats are the better overall team (they have better coaching as well) and you can't argue with their recent playoff history. Then again, everybody thought that the more-talented Detroit Tigers would stomp the Cardinals in the WS.

I'm not sure if he is UT, but, there is now way he is older than 14.