[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's a tougher task for the Patriots?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...unless he plays like he did last week...

he's not facing a tough D like he did in SD-he's facing IND-and like i stated-they(IND) haven't gone up against a QB yet in the playoffs that anyone would rank very high. brady will have his way with them once the running game gets going.

Edited by bill2

i don't totally agree that IND Def is playing much better. they weren't exacttly going against stud Qb's in their first 2 playoff games. brady will pick them apart.

Indy has never been that bad against the pass, it's the run they were horrible at throughout the season, and that's where they stood up (and one of those games was against the 2nd best RB in the league).

When we stop the run, we can create havoc versus the opposing QB, and that will include Brady this week.

Indy has never been that bad against the pass, it's the run they were horrible at throughout the season, and that's where they stood up (and one of those games was against the 2nd best RB in the league).

When we stop the run, we can create havoc versus the opposing QB, and that will include Brady this week.

you stopped LJ but look at what i stated in my posts-his QB was trent green. they stacked the box against KC because they had no fear of green. if KC had put huard in i bet KC would have won that game. there is no way they can stack the box against the pats multiple backs or brady will have a field day.

sorry IND-could be a long day!

Edited by bill2

Maybe their acquisition of Anthony (Booger) McFarland has something to do with their improvement on D.

Still wonder how he got that nickname? :D

The Colts regular-season numbers against the pass are over-inflated to a certain extent because many teams didn't bother passing on them (they had the second fewest passing attempts and yardage against them). That said, Harper and David have developed into solid corners and their small, quick LBs (especially June) are decent in coverage.

Maybe their acquisition of Anthony (Booger) McFarland has something to do with their improvement onD.

It helped, although not initially when Freeney was playing injured. Opposing offenses moved their usual double-teaming of Freeney over to McFarland. Now Booger is facing one-on-one situations and he's able to make a lot more plays.

Besides Booger and a healthy Freeney, getting back Sanders and Brackett have been huge, as well as the development of the rookie Bethea (in place of the injured Doss).

ATBB Started showing up while UT was still around. And his command of the English language is still better than UT's

:D Correct. Not UT. This and some other factors like he does not put down fans of other teams like UT did, for example.

Though he is in the list of UT wantabees. :D

I think this is a very good matchup. I expect the Pats to pound the ball very heavily in this game, which is in stark contrast to last game when they relied more on the short passing game against San Diego (no Jamal Williams or viscous linebackers on the Colts to compare with those on the Chargers). I think they will have good success with the combo of Dillon and Maroney, who should both be well rested after being used sparingly against San Diego. In contrast I don't expect the talented young Addai to have a lot of success against New England's front 3 of Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren and Richard Seymour. I do think Manning will rebound in this game (not sure how much) however while Brady will probably have some difficulty against the top-rated pass defense of Indy. Asante Samuel should at least continue to hold his own against whomever he matches up against. And the dome/crowd noise will be a major obstacle for New England. I don't know who will win, but I do pick the winner of this game to also win the Superbowl.

Edited by Crazysight

:D Correct. Not UT. This and some other factors like he does not put down fans of other teams like UT did, for example.

Though he is in the list of UT wantabees. :D

Dang! I thought the signature -ATBB gave it away for sure!

By the way. I disagree as well. The Pats may win the Superbowl, but they are not the "best" team. I haven't seen a single national article stating that the Pats would have won the game against the Chargers without the meltdown by the Bolts on the field. The game was handed to them and they are way to good to be given so many second chances while being permitted to hang around in that game. The final score should have been more like what it was last year IF the Chargers don't brain lock.

I think thihs will be a good game and both teams are pretty evenly matched. Even Vegas has it as "even" by giving the Colts the three at home.

Dang! I thought the signature -ATBB gave it away for sure!

By the way. I disagree as well. The Pats may win the Superbowl, but they are not the "best" team. I haven't seen a single national article stating that the Pats would have won the game against the Chargers without the meltdown by the Bolts on the field. The game was handed to them and they are way to good to be given so many second chances while being permitted to hang around in that game. The final score should have been more like what it was last year IF the Chargers don't brain lock.

I think thihs will be a good game and both teams are pretty evenly matched. Even Vegas has it as "even" by giving the Colts the three at home.

Sorry Boogie and other Bolts fans, but the "if" game is meaningless. I know it's rough...I felt the same way when the Pats lost to Denver last year in the playoffs. Between the Pats and the Chargers, the Pats are the better team. Not melting down is part of football. What the national writiers write is meaningless. That the Pats left a hostile envoronment in the playoffs with a W is all the information needed here.

To say that the game was handed to the Pats if sour grapes, plain and simple. The Chargers got beat because the Pats worked harder, played smarter, and got it done when it mattered.

EDIT: You know what they say...You can wish in one hand and Sega! in the other...and see which one fills up first.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Between the Pats and the Colts, the Pats are the better team.

Based on what ? :D

Indianapolis 12-4

New England 12-4

Indianapolis 27, New England 20 (In Foxboro)

Now even the level-headed Patriots fans are speaking arrogantly....... :D

Indianapolis 12-4

New England 12-4

It was a typo. The whole post was about Pats/Chargers. Reading in context helps :clap:

Way to lob an insult, though. Ass.

:bash::tup:

EDIT: From earlier in the thread...

I think it's fair to say that New England does not sport any glaring weaknesses, and their strength lies in their ability to utilize schemes that pick on the opposing team's weaknesses.

Are they a better team than Indy? Their seeding in the playoffs says no, as does the fact that they got spanked in November in Foxboro.

Yes, I think the Pats will find a way to pull this win out. That doesn't mean I think it's a foregone conclusion, that Indy is a pushover for the Pats, or that the Pats are 'better'.

Only the game will tell who is better. The team with the W at the end.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Indy, for a number of reasons...

(1) The weakness in the Pats D is their secondary. Rivers is relatively inexperienced and unfamiliar with Belichick's schemes. The exact opposite is true for Manning. Agree

(2) The Field Turf and controlled climate of The Dome strongly favor the passing game, where the Colts typically excel. Indy has arguably the best WR duo in the game, while SD's aren't very good at all. Agree

(3) The Colts D is much healthier than during the regular season and is playing extremely well right now. Don't believe the hype

(4) Kaeding has a history of blowing big kicks. Vinatieri is arguably the best clutch kicker in NFL history. Agree

(5) The crowd noise in The Dome is going to be more of a factor than what the Pats experienced outdoors at Qualcomm. And while I'm sure that Chargers fans strongly dislike the Pats, Colts fans absolutely hate their guts and will be that much louder. Won't be a factor

I agree Manning is better than Rivers but the Pats secondary has a history of coming up big against Indy in the playoffs.

In regards to the D they played 2 straight ahead running teams with Lewis being slower to the hole than Dillon. And when that didn't work both coaches didn't change their game plan. Marooney can and will get to the outside and as the SD showed the Pats O changes during the game depending on what the D gives them.

The Pats duo Gaffney and Caldwell granted aren't Harrison and Wayne but they are playing well.

The Pats are an experienced team. I hope that crowd noise is something that they are use to and can handle.

I think the Colts ability to protect Manning will play a big part.

I can't wait for this game!!! :D

Edited by nhoops

Indianapolis 12-4

New England 12-4

To have 5 TO and all those mistakes and still have a chance at the end and only loose by 7, while being a shell of the team they are now.

I predict the Pats will perform better, it all depends on which Colts team shows up. The one of the last 2 weeks (which will make it a tough, close game) or the one that lost to Tenn and Houston.

It was a typo. The whole post was about Pats/Chargers. Reading in context helps :clap:

Way to lob an insult, though. Ass.

:bash::tup:

EDIT: From earlier in the thread...

How am I supposed to know that it was a typo ???? I just thought some of your Patriots bretherern were rubbing off on you. :D:D

Edited by Menudo

ATBB Started showing up while UT was still around. And his command of the English language is still better than UT's

I have to disagree, Nick. ATBB is a more careful and deliberate writer, but his command of the language is on about the same level as UT. I think McBoog caught a tell.

The language errors made by ATBB strike me as a kid thinking he is writing like an adult. The words and punctuation are deliberately chosen, and yet obviously wrong. For instance, from this thread:

What's a tougher task for the road dog Patriots, to play at Indy or to playing at San Diego?

A carefully constructed sentence by a product of our public school system. Written by someone who reads nothing excepts Pats propaganda, and obviously listens to no criticism or feedback of his written work. UT has issues not only with the language, but with constructive criticism.

Last time I checked;

-Brady is undefeated in Domes.

-NE always beat Indy in the playoffs

-Brady and Belichick are 12-1 in the playoffs

-NE defense is better then Indy's defense

-Manning is not playing very good right now.

Note the misuse of the semicolon. The infrequent use of periods is also a tell -- not only are periods used incorrectly, but a period as a punctuation mark is a favorite of those who spend too much time in some self-absorbed Brady nutsack state. It "looks" mature and serious. He's careful to capitalize and correctly spell names, but then he goes and capitalizes "Dome." Careful, yet clueless.

Brady did not play his best last week. But it was BRADY that lead the charge at the end. He was a cool cat in that come back but how many QB's (Including Manning) would of been able fend off that SD defense.

Colts fans, please remember NE is a different animal in the playoffs then the regular season, just ask Jets fans. Last time I remember NE was at INDY, the Colts lost. McGinnest goal line stop is infamous today!

A couple of things here. The "kid masquerading as an adult" clues are the use of "would of been able fend off" -- that's a teen construction -- and the misuse of the word "infamous," which is one of those words frequently misused by people for whom English is a foreign language, like New Englanders.

But there is another tell -- the all-caps BRADY. This is a style few people use (McBoog wouldn't notice since he uses it himself), but one certainly used to the hilt by UT. See the post from the thread he started last night, for instance:

By the way, THIS is where the BB PIOSTSEASON game planning and its difference fron regular season comes in. My expectation is that Manning will be 'taking what we give him' for a good part of the day. However, in certain circumstances, and especially late he will be taking what HE THINKS we are giving him, and we will have devised a game plan that disguises what we are giving him, and the result will be the typically Pats D vs Manning playoff results.

But the most disturbing thing, to me, is that in this very thread, ATBB is accused of being UT, and he ignores it. UT is one of the most notorious posters here at thehuddle, the charges of bet welching have been frequent (and appropriate). Why would anyone on these boards not respond to that? I mean, a simple "F*ck off" would work nicely. But no, after several posts speculating on whether ATBB is UT, he responds with this post:

Perhaps Belichick can devise a plan that can stop the Colts dead in their tracks.

It makes no sense at all to simply ignore the allegation. Heck, the quickest way to set off Menudo is to compare him to UT -- you can feel the rage build in his black and gold soul as he vigorously refutes the comparison. And I think that applies to everyone who reads and posts here -- unless, of course, you are UT, and you are trying to appeared more controlled and mature than you really are.

Clearly, I need to find a more more challenging line of work than the one I have now.