[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's wrong with playing Saturday night?

Rockerbraves

Is it just me or does anyone else wish one of the games would be played on Saturday night? Tailgating & even partying at the house all day on a Saturday is hard to beat.

There are only 2 games this weekend, no reason to split them out.

Nothing beats Championship Game Sunday.

Edited by charty

There are only 2 games this weekend, no reason to split them out.

Nothing beats Championship Game Sunday.

To me both games are worthy of their own day and night. Last Saturday was awesome for anyone who happen to be down in New Orleans. All day party. Break for the game. Party all night. Wake up in time on Sunday to watch pregame.

There's nothing at all wrong with it.

What's wrong is games extending into prime time on Sundays. Major league BS that completely wrecks the appropriate atmosphere of games of this magnitude.

All playoff games ought to be finished by supper on Sunday.

Edited by Bronco Billy

There's nothing at all wrong with it.

What's wrong is games extending into prime time on Sundays. Major league BS that completely wrecks the appropriate atmosphere of games of this magnitude.

All playoff games ought to be finished by supper on Sunday.

Since both games are on Sunday my ideal times would be an hour later start time than normal Sunday games to allow for more pregame activity and of course for church.

Still prefer a Saturday night 6:30pm CST start and a 2pm start on Sunday.

Since both games are on Sunday my ideal times would be an hour later start time than normal Sunday games to allow for more pregame activity and of course for church.

Still prefer a Saturday night 6:30pm CST start and a 2pm start on Sunday.

the less pregame crap the better.

and I never, EVER have had "church" interfere with the playoffs.

ever.

+1, the 3-6 start times suck... I can't stand waiting till 3 or 4 for the first kickoff. But if there are only 2 games, make them on Sunday.

as a left coaster now as opposed to an east coaster last yr, i don't like the 10 am-1pm start times. i feel rushed in the morning now, or at least for most of the yr. i did. turned me into a morning drinker which leads to more alcohol abuse. like i need any more of that. i prefer later start times so this is perfect.

as a left coaster now as opposed to an east coaster last yr, i don't like the 10 am-1pm start times. i feel rushed in the morning now, or at least for most of the yr. i did. turned me into a morning drinker which leads to more alcohol abuse. like i need any more of that. i prefer later start times so this is perfect.

+1 Funny how we forget about our left coasters. Still not sure how you guys deal with watching MNF?

I was afraid alot of those Eagles fans might not be able to hang. :D

Just saw on a news interview. Talking to two guys who made it up to Chicago for the game, the reporter noticed that he had a black eye. Asked how it happend, he said a Eagles fan snuck him while he was waiting in line for a Lucky Dog.... :D

Is it just me or does anyone else wish one of the games would be played on Saturday night? Tailgating & even partying at the house all day on a Saturday is hard to beat.

Dude, I don't like to pound on you 'cause you're new here but your team is in the NFC championship ....quit bitchin about what day they're playing and bitching b/c they're not playing in a dome.....

Dude, I don't like to pound on you 'cause you're new here but your team is in the NFC championship ....quit bitchin about what day they're playing and bitching b/c they're not playing in a dome.....

Hey Cowboy, I'll give you a LT pass on that one cause you seem like a nice LT type guy. Gotta figure you're still bitter over that humiliating kneel down by the Saints with 3 minutes left in the MNF game leading 42-17. :D

For my part, I'd still like there to be a doubleheader - just wish it was on Saturday - a much better party day than a Sunday - NFL tradition be dammed. In a perfect world, I'd get a good drunk on for the Colts' game and have all day Sunday to dry up. As it is, snacks on the couch with the wife and kids instead, which ain't all bad either, but a good drunk, it's not.