[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Colts Fans, From Patriots Fan

RedSox in 6

Congratulations Colts Fans!!

I rarely post but I was inspired tonight. As a life-long fan of the Patriots since freezing my arse off on the aluminum benches at Sullivan Stadium through the 1 win seasons, I've relished the dynasty-like run that we've enjoyed. (And I don't concede that it is over). And I've REALLY loved the fact that the team has been in the Colts team head for the past few years. But tonight, Peyton and the Colts have risen to a different level. That freakin' game was incredible.. I told my wife to be ready to bring me to the hospital... My heart couldn't take it.

I hope ALL PATRIOTS FANS can man and woman up to root for The Colts and Peyton... They one uped our team this year and we should know how to appreciate that.

The Patriots will be back.. who knows who the receivers will be or who the corners will be, we know Tom and Bill will be there..

ADAM AND OUT COLTS! The Bears are no competition after this week.

See you next year. :D

I rarely post but I was inspired tonight. As a life-long fan of the Patriots since freezing my arse off on the aluminum benches at Sullivan Stadium through the 1 win seasons, I've relished the dynasty-like run that we've enjoyed. (And I don't concede that it is over). And I've REALLY loved the fact that the team has been in the Colts team head for the past few years. But tonight, Peyton and the Colts have risen to a different level. That freakin' game was incredible.. I told my wife to be ready to bring me to the hospital... My heart couldn't take it.

I hope ALL PATRIOTS FANS can man and woman up to root for The Colts and Peyton... They one uped our team this year and we should know how to appreciate that.

The Patriots will be back.. who knows who the receivers will be or who the corners will be, we know Tom and Bill will be there..

Thanks bud! Too bad someone had to win and lose that game. At the midway point of the season you knew that your team would go to the AFC championship you would have been extatic! However this is a little easier for me to say this, you pats fans really have nothing to be ashamed of. You played a hell of a game, and had a hell of a season! And we both know that they'll be right back there again next year. Up until today, I've really never been a big fan of the patriots for obvious reasons. But midway through the 4th quarter (while trying to fend off a heart attack) I found myself thinking why does this game have to end? It's seriously going to be an instant classic. And as for us Colts fans we have reason to be excited, but the job isnt done yet. We just may be feeling this opposite side of emotion 2 weeks from now. Anyway, keep your heads up Pats fans. Next year will be here sooner than you know it.

Agree, 1 play made on the O or D side of the ball and it could have been the other way around.

Congrats to the Colts, great game.......at 21-6 my wife asked me why I was so nervous....I told her because this was the Colts and they could score in bunches.....plus after our come back against the Chargers anything is possible. After the 1st series in the 2nd half I was really worried. Our D looked tired and old. Despite the short week, cross country flight, guys with the flu, etc, you've got to bring it. And the Colts certainly stepped up and took it.

Congrats and Good Luck in 2 Weeks! We've had some great games this post season and I hope the SB doesn't dissapoint.

Congrats to the Colts fans out there. What a difference a half makes. The two possessions at the end of the first half and start of the second seemed to spend the Patriots defense. The Colts had the ball forever. :D

Still a very exciting game right down to the end. Good luck in the big one Peyton! :D

After the 1st series in the 2nd half I was really worried. Our D looked tired and old. Despite the short week, cross country flight, guys with the flu, etc, you've got to bring it. And the Colts certainly stepped up and took it.

I think this was the key point in the turn around. We just kept your defense on the field. The teams that have stopped Manning in the past know that the best way to do that is to keep him off the field. At one point CBS flashed the statistic that of the last 30 plays, 29 had been Colts. The one that wasn't was the kneel down at the end of the 1st half.

I am trying to get this in tis morning because I have a busy day, and also because I don't want to read too much here before I get my thoughts out from the game.

As a sidebar to this, I will mention that there were a few things that really got me hopped up in the game that could have had a game changing outcome. The most notable was the absolute mugging of Reche Caldwell in the endzone that was not called pass interference. That first and goal at the one means that the game goes in a different direction. The Troy Brown pass interference call was weak. I did not see enough of a replay to comment on the legitimacy of it, but it looked to be close enough to the line of scrimage to count as normal contact. Lastly, the pass interference call on Hobbs in the endzone. Truth be told I thought it was a legit call. I have heard some analysis on radio that there was no contact between the players, which means there should have been no call. I dunno...but if that's the case then it sucks. That's three calls that had (or could have had) major impact on the game. And I hate it because I hate when calls get in the way of a hard fought game.

Also with this I am freely willing to admit that there may have been calls that could/should have gone the other way (though none stick out in my mind). These things upset me a little because I know that if they had gone the other way we could be looking at a different result.

Regardless of any of that, however, I can't in good conscience try to pin this loss on anything except the play of the Patriots and how it matched up with the play of the Colts. That's part of the reason that I note those officiating 'issues'.

It doesn't matter what kind of issues are created in those circumstances within the framework of the game when you have the ball and the lead with 3:40 left to play. Peyton Manning had just finished meeting my expectations in coming up small on the previous drive, and here's Tom Brady, really only needing to get a first down to seal the win. And he couldn't do it. Then there's the defense, needing just one more stop to hold the lead, then to protect the tie. They couldn't do it. Then there's Tom Brady with a minute left to play, needing to drive the team down the field to score. And he couldn't do it.

Yesterday was the day that Peyton Manning could. Congrats to him and the Colts, and to the Colts fans...especially here at the Huddle. You all might be tough to take on occasion ( :D ), but your team deserved this win. Good luck in the Bowl.