[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins the Super Bowl?

godtomsatan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears 20-17. Manning will get his 2 TD's, but will also throw a pick for a TD. The Bears will run the ball with enough success to get one more TD and a couple of field goals. The Bears D is just too dominant, and the Colts Run D is so weak the Bears will not have to put the game in Grossmans hands. Oh, and Benson gets the lone rushing TD, and TJ is traded away after this game.

P.S. if Dallas hasn't hired Stoops by kick off, Lovie will be going to Dallas, so this might be the Bears last chance for another 21 years.

So, Indy's hurry-up offense is "slow and trudging"? :D

bill, just look at this yrs results and not past yrs. as i said earlier, the colts don't blow teams out like they used too. they were in alot of close games this yr. don't overlook this fact and base you're thinking on your total recall of manning and the colts. thats all i'm saying.

early action coming in heavy on the bears and the over. 90% of early action on the over. if you are betting the bears or over, get in early. if you like the colts and under, wait. you will probably get a better price.

not to single out sarge here, as this seems to be the sentiment/concensus on the boards here besides the bears homers. YOU ARE ALL <Ban me! Ban me now!>ING NUTS!!! how many teams did the colts blowout this yr?? who were they and when??? just curious, how many games did the bears lose by double digits.

anyway, i don't want to change anyones opinions as i would love to see this line stay the same.........this is a gift for bear backers i have to believe. joe q public loses with regularity. you think they are going to let all you colt backers stick it to vegas........HAHAHAHAHA. ON the biggest betting day of the yr???? <crispirons shaking his head at all of you>

Completely disagree - I think basing this off the Bears not being blown out in the dogsh1t NFC carries no weight whatsoever. Trends, and Joe Public, on and on - I think we have all seen with our won eyes that the Colts are playing at a high level, and the Bears are not. I think the Colts -7 is the play, and will be all over it. Indy wins this game, and covers. 34-20 range.

I think there will be plenty of Chicago money coming in and taking the points. Looks to me like the opening 7.5 has actually been shaded down a bit to 6.5, 7 - so Joe Public may be taking da Bears, there incredible D :D and the 7. While I will be on Manning, and the Colts offense putting up 30+ on the scoreboard against an overrated D on a fast track.

the Colts Run D is so weak the Bears will not have to put the game in Grossmans hands.
Yup. Cause Johnson, Lewis, and Dillon/Maroney are all pretty small, weak, inferior running backs. The weak Colts D completely shut down Johnson adn teh Chiefs didn't have a passing game to fall back on. Lewis wasn't completely shut down, but a whole lot wasn't happening and the Ravens didn't have much luck with the Passing game either. The Patriots had some success running (1 TD and close to 100 yards), but also had to rely on the passing game to stay in it. I see the Bears more like the Chiefs or Ravens and they better have a plan to put the game in Grossman's hands somewhat if they want to stay in it.

bill, just look at this yrs results and not past yrs. as i said earlier, the colts don't blow teams out like they used too. they were in alot of close games this yr. don't overlook this fact and base you're thinking on your total recall of manning and the colts. thats all i'm saying.

That is a valid point, but it's also valid to point out that the Colts offense scored 31 points in the 2nd half against the Patriots last Sunday.

hey wildcat, just curious, what teams did the colts beat by 10+ points this yr?? were the games at home for the colts?

i also see you ripping on the bears d. well, they gave up some big plays but in my estimation and viewpoint of watching the 2 playoff games, they have played pretty well. do you think its easy forcing the turnovers that they do? do you think they don't beat on you physically?(look at deuce mcallister last week after he had a decent run.....he was hobbling off the field. and although he came back and played, he wasn't the same). these are tangibles that are not considered by most people. the physical toll of playing against the bears might be a hugh edge in the outcome of this game. we'll see. i almost want to jump out here and take all the huddles members action on this game. i'm pretty certain the bears cover the number.

I just can't see the Colts not finishing this thing off. In my mind, they are the better team. Peyton Manning is too good to come this close and let it slip away. I don't trust Rex Grossman in this kind of spotlight one bit. I'll be very surprised if the Colts don't win and cover the spread. Anything can happen, and nothing in the NFL would shock me anymore, but, it would certainly be a surprise.

Colts 34

Bears 17

Huh? I never said that this game would be a blowout. I think that the Colts have a decent chance of winning by 10 or so, but probably not much more. I expect a close game.

early action coming in heavy on the bears and the over. 90% of early action on the over. if you are betting the bears or over, get in early. if you like the colts and under, wait. you will probably get a better price.

I couldn't care less about the gambling aspect of this game. I was simply pointing out that the aforementioned statement that the Colts WANT to slow down the game is incorrect. They specifically run the hurry-up offense to tire out opposing defenses. Everyone who watches the Colts knows this. They also try to score early and often in the first half so that their LBs and DBs can sit back in the Cover 2, rather than play the run, in the 2nd half.

Huh? I never said that this game would be a blowout. I think that the Colts have a decent chance of winning by 10 or so, but probably not much more. I expect a close game.

I couldn't care less about the gambling aspect of this game. I was simply pointing out that the aforementioned statement that the Colts WANT to slow down the game is incorrect. They specifically run the hurry-up offense to tire out opposing defenses. Everyone who watches the Colts knows this. They also try to score early and often in the first half so that their LBs and DBs can sit back in the Cover 2, rather than play the run, in the 2nd half.

well, i don't know as much about the colts as you do and i respect your opinion. overall, is that what they did more of this yr?? i don't know so i am asking. when i saw them (which wasn't every week) i saw a team that wanted to rely on a running game a little bit more than previous yrs, which would help keep there defense off the field and avoid those shootouts that they would find themselves on the losing end alot of times. thats what i saw and thats how dungy/manning called the plays. every instance (game) is different. i would think that what you're saying is how they might go about this game(hurry up offense, keep bears from rotating defensive line).

well, i don't know as much about the colts as you do and i respect your opinion. overall, is that what they did more of this yr?? i don't know so i am asking. when i saw them (which wasn't every week) i saw a team that wanted to rely on a running game a little bit more than previous yrs, which would help keep there defense off the field and avoid those shootouts that they would find themselves on the losing end alot of times. thats what i saw and thats how dungy/manning called the plays. every instance (game) is different. i would think that what you're saying is how they might go about this game(hurry up offense, keep bears from rotating defensive line).

What the Colts offense does really relies on what the opposing defense gives them. In the games against BAL, KC, BUF, PHI, and TEN (in Indy), the safeties played waaaay back and dared them to run (which they did) and play dink-and-dunk with Clark and Utect. The Bears will probably want to do this to a certain extent, as their safeties aren't that good and Marvin will burn Tillman one-on-one. Then again, that strategy would also allow the Colts to possibly get 20 carries each from Addai and Rhodes and control the clock.

On the other hand, teams like NE sent a lot more blitz packages. It didn't work well for them, but it sure did for the Steelers in the playoffs last year. I think that if the Colts had their way, they'd like to see more of this because it creates a lot more one-on-one matchups with their WRs and TEs.

Ultimately, the Colts want to get the Bears into a shootout, which they will inevitably win. This would involve lots of deep post routes to Marvin and lots of 10-15 yd curl and comeback routes to Marvin and Reggie early on. They'll also run the hurry-up in hopes that the Bears Front 7 will be sucking wind in the second half like NE's was on Sunday. Of course, that's what they WANT to do, but I doubt that Lovie will allow the Bears to get sucked into that. I foresee him playing his safeties deep and mixing in a few blitzes.

Edited by Bill Swerski

So, Indy's hurry-up offense is "slow and trudging"? :D

I dont get it either Swerski.. I mean if there is 1 weakness on the Bears D, what is it? Their safeties. They're easily burned!! And what are the Colts built for? Not just on defense, but offense as well. They're built for speed. Bias or not, I really think that the Bears will be on the recieving end of what they did to the Pats in the SB 22 years ago. I really dont think it's going to be that close of a game. I would like it to be, for it would be more memorable. The Bears are physical but the point where the Colts will attack is their weakest. Manning has arguably the best o-line in the league. And not to take anything away from the Bears, but their offense doesn't scare too many people. If the Colts do get up early, it's going to be a long game for the Bears, and the whole offseason we will be hearing about how Lovie should have put a more experienced Griese in there. The fans have wanted it EVER SINCE the Cardinals game they almost lost. However this is all my bias opinion!!

I dont get it either Swerski.. I mean if there is 1 weakness on the Bears D, what is it? Their safeties. They're easily burned!!

Not to mention Tillman, who got absolutely torched by Steve Smith last year. They'd be better off putting Vasher on Marvin.

Bias or not, I really think that the Bears will be on the recieving end of what they did to the Pats in the SB 22 years ago.

I don't agree with that. It'll be a relatively close game. The Bears D isn't dominant like they were in September, but they're still pretty good.

Manning has arguably the best o-line in the league.

I don't agree with that, either. Indy's O-line is above-average, at best. They've regressed over the past two or three years, especially in short-yardage situations.

And not to take anything away from the Bears, but their offense doesn't scare too many people.

This is the key here. Grossman has been awful in games where his team is trailing. If the Colts can hold a 10-point lead into the second half, Rex will unsuccessfully try to morph into Favre again. And I don't know what his issue has been, but Muhammad has been dropping a lot of passes since coming to CHI. He's not getting a whole heck of a lot of sepration from DBs anymore, either.