[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think they'll talk about the black coaches in the SB thing over the next 2 wks?

BeeR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...I think it's a pretty cool story given that the history of having black coaches in the NFL is pretty short.

Why does it bother people? There will be a million other 'human interest' stories surrounding the game but for some reason people are worried about this one :D

There will be a million other 'human interest' stories surrounding the game but for some reason people are worried about this one :D

Because people are obsessed with race and need a stupid human interest story by the media, involving race, to confirm their oddball suspicions!

Uh...I think it's a pretty cool story given that the history of having black coaches in the NFL is pretty short.

Why does it bother people? There will be a million other 'human interest' stories surrounding the game but for some reason people are worried about this one :D

Because if we continue to identify "the first black this" or the "first hispanic that" etc, we'll never get past racism in this country.

Because people are obsessed with race and need a stupid human interest story by the media, involving race, to confirm their oddball suspicions!

Werd.

"People" - ie minorites and bleeding heart libs. Exactly. Yet another pile of kiss-arse PC gibberish. God forbid they just talk about how they're good coaches and leave it at that. The game was barely over and they were jabbering on and on about it again and again again and again and......hello, we GET it already. MLK Day is over, pls move on. It was a mildly interesting footnote for about a moment or 2, but can we now do something radical and focus on something like say, the teams' strengths, weaknesses, matchups etc?

Edited by BeeR

I believe it is a very inspiring event in American history. Why? Because it gives young minorities a prospective that non-blacks take for granted. Think about all the SuperBowl history highlights of successful coaches like Lombardy, Landry, Grant, Noll, Madden, Parcells, and countless others that I can go on and on about. As a young black man growing up if you never see a successful black coach you never have that one frame of reference to know they exist or have the role model that allows for that one dreamer to challenge himself to achieve that kind of goal. All young people regardless of race look to those who have traveled the road they plan to travel and if know one of your race or gender has traveled that road successfully, it makes it that much harder to visualize your success. Whites have the confidence to achieve anything they set their minds to because there are no barriers to entry other then ability, desire and hard work while also having a vast frame of successful references or mentor network that aids their progress. Therefore, I think having successful black coaches not only opens doors for other black coaches but also gives inspiring young black men the proof that they too can succeed in this profession. It also helps white people in that it reduces the pressure of history so they can also feel good about the progress they have made in proving that there are many more non-racist individuals in all walks of society then ever before.

I think Dungy said it right though, although this is a very important event for blacks, "this win is about the Colts, their fans and their organization." Good job Colts and hats off to you Manning.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Who started this thread? Either a PC bleeding heart lib or a worthless race obsessed hypocrite. :D

Believe it or not, this event and thread helps reduce the ammunition for all racists. Although it is a non-event for most whites, which is understandable, but achievement wise, it is the equivalent of a seeing a white heavyweight champion!

Edited by Cowboyz1

if i were dungy or smith i would get a bit sick of hearing about it if this lasts for 2 weeks.. it makes it sound like being black is some kind of handicap.. plus it would take something away from their team, which dungy already pointed out after the game.. its nice to mention once and nice to know.. but we have to stop making everything so racially fueled. black, white, green, or purple.. i dont care what color you are.. if you get to the super bowl, you did something right. we are all human for god's sake.. it will take an alien invasion before we realize every human truly is equal. its a damn shame what happened in this country's history.. but we gotta move on and accept everybody as one.

Believe it or not, this event and thread helps reduce the ammunition for all racists. Although it is a non-event for most whites, which is understandable, but achievement wise, it is the equivalent of a seeing a white heavyweight champion!

+1 Wow I didn't think it was that awesome! Minor miracle is how you see it?

if i were dungy or smith i would get a bit sick of hearing about it if this lasts for 2 weeks..

Your right there. They're going to get sick of it because all they care about is getting their teams ready for the SuperBowl and as positive an event it is for them, I am sure they would rather move on and get down to talking football because the achievement speaks for itself.

+1 Wow I didn't think it was that awesome! Minor miracle is how you see it?

Given the history of the NFL is there any other way the see it? :D

When is the last time you saw one, much less two Black Head Coaches standing on the sidelines during the SuperBowl?

Edited by Cowboyz1

How come you think we haven't had a white heavyweight champion in such a long time?

It's not so much the time, but how often? They didn't coin the phrase "Great White Hope" for nothing. Now I don't necessarily believe that it is because of talent as it is opportunity or lack there of. I suspect it has to do with the "Pool of Talent" theory. The larger the pool of talent any group has to draw from the better the overall performance of any one individual or group of individuals drawn from that pool.

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's not so much the time, but how often? They didn't coin the phrase "Great White Hope" for nothing. Now I don't necessarily believe that it is because of talent as it is opportunity or lack there of.

So you don't think it's necessarily a white/black thing, right? That's how I felt when you asked how many times have I seen two black coaches standing on the sidelines of a SB? To be honest, I never looked. Is there something wrong with that? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves