[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HATE to bring this up again..

Shorttynaz

Manning or Brady  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better QB now?

• P Manning
    • T Brady

I know that this has been going on for a few years now, but does this change anything? Of course I'm a Colts homer, and my choice is obvious..

But this year in the biggest game to date for this season for both teams, Manning and Brady each had the ball in the final two minutes with a chance to win. We all know the outcome. Manning threw a pick 6 but made up for it with his 2nd half comeback. Brady was mustering a comeback of his own until he threw his pick that sealed the deal. Anyway, who would you want as your QB in a game of that stature?

Depends on what you're looking for imo...

Manning is probably the smartest quarterback to ever play the game. He can pick defenses appart, and read defenses like a book. Stat wise, he surpases everyone. Has a hard time playing under pressure though, probably overthinks things and digs himself into a mental hole. Taking away his HoF WR might bring his stats a little more down to earth, but he turns every reciever on that field into a Pro Bowler.

Tom Brady on the other hand, is Mr. Clutch. Much more of an instictual player who doesn't think things threw. Tom Brady has the rings, and I mean no disrespect to Brady at all by this, but he also had outstanding talent on those teams. Belicheck's defensive schemes and players are far above anything Dungy can do with a defense.

Raw talent, QB vs. QB however - Manning is the better QB.

Doesn't much matter though, they're both shoe-ins to the HoF.

Depends on what you're looking for imo...

I think this is the biggest question. What does "better" mean. Manning has all the stats to prove he's the better QB. But as you said Brady has the rings.

In my opinion the question "Who would you want on your team" answers the question. My answer is Peyton, but I too am a little biased.

Manning has and continues to have better weapons at wr for sure ...he is as smart a qb as there is and very gifted ...no doubt beast regular season qb there is as well imo

Brady has the rings and the big game rep ...even last night's loss does not take much if any luster off him

If colts win sb and manning plays well , the gap is closer ...much closer

I believe a few mor seasons will help answer this question better as well as both qb's should have a lot of great football to play

If the Colts beat the Bears, which they haven't yet, Brady's clutch performances include a much better playoff record and 3 SB's. One tough road loss when your WR's are Caldwell and Gaffney won't take away from that at all.

Brady's "clutch" performances were also accomplished with an outstanding supporting cast and the league's best coaching. Not to take away from what he's done, but come one. And speaking of Caldwell, the Colts D left him completely uncovered on that one play. Talk about a bad supporting cast...

And speaking of Caldwell, the Colts D left him completely uncovered on that one play. Talk about a bad supporting cast...

That's what I said. I know you like to argue, and that's cool, but isn't kind of hard to argue when you're agreeing with me? I mean, we can try, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. :D

Before voting I asked myself if I was a NFL defensive player which QB would I fear the most. Without question Manning would be the QB I would most hate to play against. As much as I dislike all that crap at the line of scrimmage he comes across as a QB that can detect a defenses weakness and execute a play to take advantage. Would imagine he gets into alot of CB's heads.

That's what I said. I know you like to argue, and that's cool, but isn't kind of hard to argue when you're agreeing with me? I mean, we can try, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. :D

Sorry, I'm a bit hung-over this morning. Still waiting for the coffee to clear my mind. :D

Brady has the rings and the big game rep ...even last night's loss does not take much if any luster off him

i think it does a little bit. i mean, people were calling him the greatest QB to ever play the game, better than montana, etc. not just people in boston, i was hearing people saying that exact thing here on local radio in denver. you won't be hearing that sort of talk in the near future. in order to maintain that luster i think brady needed to win the SB again this year.

You want to measure Manning vs Brady on just one game, the most recent one played? How easy it is for you to throw out their previous 3 meetings in the playoffs where Brady out played Manning and went on to get 3 SB rings.

Brady has a had proven tendency to come up big in big games whereas Manning has had a proven tendency to flop in the big games. Yesterday was ONE instance in both careers that seemed to go opposite of their long proven tendencies.

Until Peyton shows he can win in the post season with as much regularity as Brady has then I'd say Brady is the man, despite his loss yesterday.

I think that Manning is the more talented QB, but Brady has played on better teams (not that he's not talented too, but I don't think he is as good at his individual position as Manning is).

Doesn't really matter though. They are both future HOF members.

I think that Manning is the more talented QB, but Brady has played on better teams (not that he's not talented too, but I don't think he is as good at his individual position as Manning is).

Doesn't really matter though. They are both future HOF members.

Which is the whole point- this is a TEAM sport. QB is the last piece to a successful team, not the first.

When Manning has 3 rings, then this will be a discussion.

The difference here is (ALL IMO) but Brady has had the defense carry him. Dont get me wrong cause he's made plays when he's had to, but as far as success, I think Manning has had to overcome more. Up until last year, everything was on his back. He didn't have that defense. He kept having to put up points on the board to keep the pressure on the other team. He didnt have that confidence Brady did in knowing that his defense will come through for him if he makes a mistake. This will always go down as one of the best QB comparisons. It just makes it all that much better now. However, if you want a better QB vs. QB comparison, I think that Brady vs. Roethlisberger is more like it. Who's better there? Both play on teams where the defense has carried them to postseason success.

It is not as easy as that .... unless you believe that every QB that has a ring is better than every QB that does not. So Plunkett, Ripien, Dilfer, Simms ... all these QBs are better than Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton?

right, i agree with you. that's why i, for one, think manning's career to date surpasses brady's.

The difference here is (ALL IMO) but Brady has had the defense carry him. Dont get me wrong cause he's made plays when he's had to, but as far as success, I think Manning has had to overcome more. Up until last year, everything was on his back. He didn't have that defense. He kept having to put up points on the board to keep the pressure on the other team. He didnt have that confidence Brady did in knowing that his defense will come through for him if he makes a mistake. This will always go down as one of the best QB comparisons. It just makes it all that much better now. However, if you want a better QB vs. QB comparison, I think that Brady vs. Roethlisberger is more like it. Who's better there? Both play on teams where the defense has carried them to postseason success.

This is coming from the biggest Roethlisberger defender the world has ever known. Comparing Ben Roethlisberger to Tom Brady at this point is ridiculous. Roethlisberger had 2 very good seasons, and a good playoff run last year. However, in the Super Bowl and his 3rd season, he was just plain bad. I think he will bounce back.

Tom Brady has already won 3 Super Bowls and is now 12-2 in the playoffs over his career. He has been consistently good year in and year out.

Roethlisberger is not in Tom Brady's league at this point. In fact, at this point, Brady and Manning are in a league of their own amongst NFL QB's.

Which is the whole point- this is a TEAM sport. QB is the last piece to a successful team, not the first.

I thought the whole point was that Shorty was asking our opinions about who the better QB was, not the better team. Maybe we all misunderstood the poll, but its more likely that you did.