[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The biggest question heading into the Super Bowl

Menudo

Eh, it's difficult to root for two teams and damn-near impossible in a situation like this. I'll continue to root for the Bears in the same casual way that I root for the St. Louis Cardinals, but I'm not going to claim that the Bears are "my team" anymore.

:D

I think that the number of my pro-Colts vs. pro-Bears posts here over the past few years suggests otherwise.

:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interestingly enough, that ratio roughly corresponds to the win-loss ratios of the two teams over the past few years. :D

But oddly enough, it doesn't correspond at all to the number of championships in my football-viewing lifetime or the level of fan support for the two teams over the past few years. :D

I knew that I'd take some grief over this, but it doesn't really bother me. Fire away! :bash:

Edited by Bill Swerski

The Jets went 10 and 6, and were probably the most OVER-achieving franchise in the NFL this season. They have plenty of reason to talk smack.

LOL...And the last title of any kind they have won was when? You talk smack when you are a winner. That franchise has nearly 40 years of not winning. 10-6 and a first round playoff loss. Wow what a season. Of course in the NFL you are guaranteed to improve next year. Just ask the Bengals.

Edited by whosyourdaddy

LOL...And the last title of any kind they have won was when? You talk smack when you are a winner. That franchise has nearly 40 years of not winning. 10-6 and a first round playoff loss. Wow what a season. Of course in the NFL you are guaranteed to improve next year. Just ask the Bengals.

Last time I checked 10-6 is a winner. As in, they won more games than they lost. Makes 'em a winner in most people's books. They should be very proud of being 10-6 and making the playoffs, just because you have a hard-on for them doesn't change that.

Or, are you ONLY allowed to talk smack if you win the SuperBowl? That would make things kinda boring arond here, as the winner would have no one to argue with. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

But oddly enough, it doesn't correspond at all to the number of championships in my football-viewing lifetime or the level of fan support for the two teams over the past few years. :D

I knew that I'd take some grief over this, but it doesn't really bother me. Fire away! :D

I like the route that you are taking. It seems to me that you are admitting that you can't be a 'die-hard' fan of two teams. You are going with your heart and choosing the team that you like the most right now. I see nothing wrong with the angle you are taking.

I like the route that you are taking. It seems to me that you are admitting that you can't be a 'die-hard' fan of two teams. You are going with your heart and choosing the team that you like the most right now. I see nothing wrong with the angle you are taking.

So long as there's no changing minds at a later date :D

Actually, I've never claimed to be a "die-hard" fan of the Colts and I've pointed this out on several occasions (although I did claim to be a "die-hard" Bears fan).

Anyway, I'm a "die-hard" fan of neither right now but, with time and devotion, hope to be a die-hard Colts fan years from now.

Even in a worst-case scenario (Manning's thumb turns out to be broken [X-rays are scheduled for today], he can't play in the SB, and the injury takes his career down Kurt-Warner style), I won't go back. This is a permanent decision.

Last time I checked 10-6 is a winner. As in, they won more games than they lost. Makes 'em a winner in most people's books. They should be very proud of being 10-6 and making the playoffs, just because you have a hard-on for them doesn't change that.

Or, are you ONLY allowed to talk smack if you win the SuperBowl? That would make things kinda boring arond here, as the winner would have no one to argue with. :D

No you do not have to win a super bowl to talk smack. At least sniffing a super bowl would be a requirement. I have no hard on for the Jets. Just for teams that have not even been in the conversation of a championship contender. I will now list them for you. Lions, Browns, Bengals, Jets, Cards, Texans, and honoable mentions to Titans, Seahawks, Panthers, and Falcons.

Sweeeet! Since the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY weren't winners and Repubs lost Congress, there is no reason to open your trap in this forum or the tailgate. Later Zeke! :D

LOL...please see my post. The seachix have never won any single title. Let's see...five SB wins in 30 years and winning elections for twelve years compared to no titles ever and one election win. Yea...you have made a great point there.

The Jets went 10 and 6, and were probably the most OVER-achieving franchise in the NFL this season. They have plenty of reason to talk smack.

The 2nd toughest team they played was the equivalent to Wichita State

I think the Jets had a great season and simply wanted to use my wichita state joke

Divorcing urself from the Bears? You were never a fan, just a scrub that piled on the 85 bandwagon. You deserve to be horsewhipped and Bolied in Green Bay Packer Lard!

Wait till da Bears skin ur vunderboy Manning and we will see ur next post claiming da Bears are dynasty and ur comments were taken out of context! Ur an Indianapolis Dolt!