[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: the package Oakland would give up for Vick

Dr. Rock

this rumored trade makes no sense for so many reasons that it might just be true if it were between, for example, the Raiders and the Skins. Blank is a bit nutty, true but the combo of Blank and McKay and Petrino has enough sense to realize the idiocy of this trade on many levels.

swapping 1st round picks and Moss and Vick...

1) So a malcontent, aging, best-years-behind-him WR for a young QB that has demonstrated much inconsistency however is a proven starter? :D

2) For ATL, who's left to play QB and throw to the malcontent, aging WR? Schaub has shown some promise but is hardly proven.

3) But ATL would have their pick of all QBs in the draft to go along with Schaub. Again, Schaub is no sure thing nor would the rook. They'd effectively be starting over at QB.

4) Considering the cap hit ATL would take the only real reason for getting rid of Vick would be his 'character issues'. Ok, fine. So we're going to acquire a WR with just as many if not more 'character issues'? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAIT! THIS JUST IN!

Vick's water bottle tests negative.......

................Al Davis reduces his offer to Atlanta!!

:D:D

Sorry..couldn't resist...

I went to an Oakland game when I was out in Cali visiting some in-laws. I've never seen or smelt so much Josh Gordon in my life. There was less pot at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert I went too in the early 90s.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/news-...s&storyid=74181

Falcons Deny Vick Trade Rumors

By WXIA-TV Atlanta

ATLANTA, GA -- The Atlanta Falcons issued a statement Tuesday afternoon, denying that the team is considering trading Quarterback Michael Vick.

According to a spokeswoman for the Falcons, “There are no plans to cut or trade Vick. Michael is our quarterback. He has a new head coach who is anxious to start working with him this season. Everyone has high expectations for Michael, including Michael.”

According to published online reports, NFL sources say that the Raiders are trying to put together the trade deal that would send Vick to the Bay Area.

The reported deal would send Oakland receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the number one overall draft pick in the upcoming 2007 NFL Draft to the Falcons in exchange for Vick and the Falcons first round pick, which is number 10 overall in this year's draft.

Oakland Raiders senior personnel executive Michael Lombardi did not respond to a request for a comment on reports that the Raiders are exploring a trade for Vick, the Oakland Tribune reported Tuesday.

This of course means there's no way it's true, but if I'm the Falcons I think I jump on this immediately.

From foxsports.com

"The Oakland Raiders are preparing to make a run at Falcons QB Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall)."

If I am ATL, I do this deal in a minute, even if I end up cutting both Moss and Porter. Vick in Raiderland :D:bash::D:clap: