[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells' Replacement

J.D.Morrison

Kicking you in the nuts ever time you open your mouth, doesnt really give me pleasure. Its just too difficult to avoid. Difference is, this is about Parcells and the Boys. I have a question for you. Do you think if Payton stepped down today, ESPN radio would spend the last 2 days talking about it, putting the SB on the back burner, like Parcells leaving has done here in . And Payton just took that team to the NFC Champ game. Difference is the Saints dont matter to the national media, and neither does LSU. Come to think of it, you dont matter either, so disappear and see if anyone asks where you are. I promise you, it wont happen.

Nice to know I still got it. For awhile there I thought you put me on your ignore list. :D

Now getting back to the boys. The timing of Parcells leaving rivals that of Saban's departure. Both these guys have an ego that rivals yours.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know I still got it. For awhile there I thought you put me on your ignore list. :D

Now getting back to the boys. The timing of Parcells leaving rivals that of Saban's departure. Both these guys have an ego that rivals yours.

So if Saban left Miami yesterday, that would be the story over the two team making the SB. You go ahead and believe that. This is front page new because its Parcells and its the Cowboys.

And thanks for the compliment. :D

So if Saban left Miami yesterday, that would be the story over the two team making the SB. You go ahead and believe that. This is front page new because its Parcells and its the Cowboys.

And thanks for the compliment. :D

Give Saban some credit. He knew he would get more media attention around BCS bowl time while Parcells felt Super Bowl would be best for his ego.

:D No problem you earned the compliment.

This might actually not be that far fetched. What would Dallas have to pay Chicago to get him though? Would Dallas be willing to pay it, or possibly have a 1 year interim head coach? Lovie's home town is only about 2 1/2 hours from Dallas.

Never in a million years would stretch face pay to get a coach out of contract? Why would he? He knows as much as any NFL coach.

The Tennessee Titans have Fisher under contract for 2007 after owner Bud Adams picked up an option on his coach, and the team is working on a long-term extension.

"We haven't been contacted by Dallas," chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher."

Why is fatso such an @ssWipe?

What is Steve Mariucci up to these days ?

If Steve Marriucci is smart, he'll take over either a mid-level college program or a struggling major program and turn it around.

I am 100% convinced that Mooch can be a VERY successful college coach, but can't handle the pros. Similar to the criticisms of Pete Carroll.

If Steve Marriucci is smart, he'll take over either a mid-level college program or a struggling major program and turn it around.

I am 100% convinced that Mooch can be a VERY successful college coach, but can't handle the pros. Similar to the criticisms of Pete Carroll.

Let's not forget that he'd have to deal with TO again which would obviously be a failure before he started.

this is about Parcells and the Boys. I have a question for you. Do you think if Payton stepped down today, ESPN radio would spend the last 2 days talking about it, putting the SB on the back burner, like Parcells leaving has done here in . And Payton just took that team to the NFC Champ game. Difference is the Saints dont matter to the national media

This is tangentially about the Cowboys, but moreso about Parcells - Bristol One especially loves Bill Parcells. He has tremendous stature around the league and in the media. The fact that Dallas has a national (if fair-weather) fan base and they can work the TO angle yet again is a huge bonus.

I'd rather have Mack than Venables, for recruiting alone.

...because you sure don't want Mack Brown for his coaching ability. :D

Edited by Chavez

Forgot all about that..

That's why I mentioned it to Chavez cause I know there's no way Mooch would put up with him again. He'd have to be :D

Personally, I have a warm fuzzy for Jimmy Johnson. Either its blind optimism, or maybe there is something to the rumors that JJ could be coming back to Big D.

What a splash that would make.....a JJ squared reunion. Jerrah likes big splashes. Jimmah looks like he wants to coach again. (50% chance?)

Other than that, I like Cowher....but it may be a year to soon for him. (25% chance)

Forget college coaches....that would be the nail in the coffin. I'd probably switch team alliances if that happens.

Who else?

Ron Rivera? (10% chance?)

ALL IN ALL - IF THEY HIRE A PLAYERS COACH.....ITS ALL OVER....TO WILL DESTROY YET ANOTHER FRANCHISE.....listen to him already about Parcell's retirement.

Wade Phillips = HC

Jason Garret = OC

Wade Phillips = HC

Jason Garret = OC

That's what Dallas needs, a coach that has flopped twice before. Phillips took over a 8-8 Denver team to a 9-7 mark, then a 7-9 mark before getting canned. No post season play.

In Buf, he had seasons of 10-6 and 11-5 with losses in the first playoff round of both years. Om 2000, he went 8-8 and got canned.

Five seasons as a headcoach meant 2 wildcard losses. What's not to like?

In two years as the ATL DC, they had an actual wildcard win in 2002 before losing in the divisional round. Then in 2003, the Falcons went 5-11 and he got canned along with Reeves.

Last two years as the SD DC, had one playoff game that was a loss. What's not to like?

He fits right in all right.

Could it be possible that Jerrah is thinking short term replacement? Like ONE YEAR......while he quietly lurks in the shadows securing a big time splash like Cowher or somebody else.....?

All I know is, I wouldn't want to take this job right now if I was inexperienced, with TO, the uncertainty at QB (lets face it guys - the jury is still out), an owner with ants in his pants, and the national spotlight to expose your flaws.....this job is for an ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFUL VETERAN....and their aren't any right now....until next year maybe ???