[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers' Grimm follows Whisenhunt to Cardinals

Shorttynaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2740378 :D

Steelers made a bonehead move. :D

The only coach that they hung on to that's worth a damn is Dick Lebeau

Please explain the Steelers bonehead move ???? I'll trust the Rooney's educated opinion after interviewing these guys over yours.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2740378 :D

Steelers made a bonehead move. :D

The only coach that they hung on to that's worth a damn is Dick Lebeau

what the hell do you know about either of them? you finally make the super bowl after years of choking and being the pats b!tch toys, now you think you know how to manage a team better than than the owners who have had 2 coaches in 39 years? lebeau was the only coach i cared about returning, and he did.

And something tells me that they'll have another coach in 3 or 4 years.

Guess Whisenhunt and Grimm wanted to come and coach a team with a real QB. Not one that relys on a defense to be successful.. You wouldn't know anything about that though.. :D

are you serious or are you still drunk out of your mind from watching the game sunday? your logic is that of a 6 year old or a typical drunken colts fan.

Sorry, I just realized that you're one of those Steeler fans who think Big Ben is the second comming of Jesus! I mean last year he thought he was above everyone else when he tried using his head as a battering ram attempting to move a car..

The guy is overrated. He's nothing more than a new age Jim McMahon. Someone there to manage a game, but cannot be counted on to throw the game winner.

your right.. coming off a motorcycle accident and an appendectemy a week before the season is supposed to improve your game. he didnt do anything in the playoffs last year to get the steelers into the super bowl last year.. you probably saw that as he drove the steelers up and down the field on you guys.

Please explain the Steelers bonehead move ???? I'll trust the Rooney's educated opinion after interviewing these guys over yours.

How good is the Rooney's record picking head coaches over the last 10 years? :D

If you watched the game last year, you would have remembered that it was Willie Parker and the Bus that beat the Colts. Roethlisberger was there doing just as I commented on.. To manage the game, and not to be counted on to throw the game winner. What were his stats. Something along the line of 20 passing attempts, 1 TD, 1 INT.

we came out throwing when everyone expected the run, obviously including you. parker and bettis managed 59 and 46 yards respectively. we got the two early tds from ben which made you guys abandon the run and go into panick mode the rest of the game. then we sat on the ball as much as we could.

this is getting stupid because you've obviously got something against the steelers and wont give it up.

If you watched the game last year, you would have remembered that it was Willie Parker and the Bus that beat the Colts. Roethlisberger was there doing just as I commented on.. To manage the game, and not to be counted on to throw the game winner. What were his stats. Something along the line of 20 passing attempts, 1 TD, 1 INT.

You must have missed last years game when Big Ben made the Colts look like a bunch of lost little puppies.

FYI, Ben 197 yards and 2 TDs, 1 INT on a tipped ball or something like that.

Parker averaged 3.5 yards per carry and Bettis 2.7 yards per carry. It was a game in which the running game was shut down. 2.7 yards per carry for the entire game for the Steelers. Ben was the MVP in that game, both offensively and defensively (yeah sorry about "THE TACKLE").

You haven't gotten over Manning getting pummeled and Ben rolling over that defense of yours in the playoffs last year have ya?

You would think a team in the superbowl wouldn't be ripping on a team that humiliated them in the playoffs last year, but would be having fun with this season.

Sure Grimm and Whiz are improvements for the Arizona Cardinals...but I will warn Cards fans, Grimm was given more responsibility this year and was in charge of halftime adjustments....[hint, Steelers were horrible this year in making gameplan adjustments]

Edited by SteelerMurf

:D

You must not have watched any of that game last year, or you are fishing. The Steelers came out doing nothing but throw to build their lead. Roethlisberger put the team on his back in that game, yet, you still write this stupidity. You have no knowledge of the Steelers, and have been spouting ignorance in multiple threads. Get lost.

Early. Very early leading candidate for noob tool of the year?? He's got my vote....

If that was the case they could have given Menudo the job and let the assistants run the show.

HEY!! Menudo -- if they DO give you the job, fire some boneheaded assistant and hire me!! Let me be Assistant Head Coach In Charge of Touchbacks or something!!!!

Hook the Jellyman up? :D

Colts' fan here.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? :D

i dont know.. but he sure is making an idiot out of colts fans.. i thought pats fans were bad when they were on top.. boasting about your team and enjoying the super bowl hype is one thing.. taking shots at other teams for no reason is another.. we arent even rivals.

i dont know.. but he sure is making an idiot out of colts fans.. i thought pats fans were bad when they were on top.. boasting about your team and enjoying the super bowl hype is one thing.. taking shots at other teams for no reason is another.. we arent even rivals.

Maybe you should just tsalk about him instead of lumping him in with ALL of the Colts fans.

(As an Eagles fan I know what it is like to be stereotyped based on a few idiot fans).

You Steeler fans have it so bass ackwards you've all got yourselves convinced that your team is the best thing since sliced bread.

Let me break it down for all you Steeler fans..

#1 Stop thinking about your next retarded comment

#2 Go back and read my original post

#3 Tell me where I was "boasting about my team"

#4 Read through the posts and tell me who took the 1st shot on anyone's team

#5 poor steelers fan. As you can see, it was the 3rd or 4th post..

I said that the Steelers made a bonehead move. It was not a "shot" on the steelers or any team for that matter. Hate all you want Steeler fans. It's just too bad, and rather funny that your team was in the dumps all year. Your team is sitting on the couch going to watch your most hated team go to the big dance. "Noob of the year, or tool of the year" call it what you want. You bitter fans of teams that made an early exit, or DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT for that matter can hate on me for being a Colts fan. Take it as you want.

you still havent explained why it was such a bonehead move. if they wanted grimm or whiz that badly, they would have hired one of them. you dont think the rooneys realized grimm was pretty much gone if he wasnt hired as the HC? they talked to the candidates, found out what that candidate planned on doing with the staff and players, and made their decision.

you still havent explained why it was such a bonehead move. if they wanted grimm or whiz that badly, they would have hired one of them. you dont think the rooneys realized grimm was pretty much gone if he wasnt hired as the HC? they talked to the candidates, found out what that candidate planned on doing with the staff and players, and made their decision.

And this is my OWN PERSONAL OPINION, I think that the Steelers DID wanted Whisenhunt. He was already on their staff, and he knew the in's and out's of that team. Bill "Shower" had highly recommended Chan Gailey. I have a STRONG feeling that the Steelers were holding out to seriously consider Ron Rivera. However the Bears are still hard at work and Rooney has enough respect for him to stay out of his way until their season is over. Whisenhunt on the other hand wanted to be sure that he would become a HC for it was just his time to make the move to a HC position. Instead of holding out for the possibility of getting the Steelers job, he secured his future as a HC by accepting the Cardinals job. And with all the vacancies and the coaches being hired, Rooney wanted to make sure that they got a quality person in whom they trust to continue the success that has already been created there.

Now, Ken Wisenhunt did a radio interview with a couple of local talk show hosts last week stating that he was a little disappointed that he was not contacted "SOONER" by Rooney stating that the Steelers DID have interest in making the offer for a "promotion" within the organization. However with the position that he was in and the experience he has gained, he was ready for a challenge, and had decided that a change of scenery would be nice, AND the Cardinals have shown that they want to win with the players that they have brought to this team. He THEN stated that he and Russ Grimm had their own "personal pact" that if one of them was hired to become a HC, and the other one was not, the one hired to become a HC would bring the other one on board as an "assistant HC" which is EXACTLY what Grimm's title is here. He just so happens to also be the offensive line coach as well, JUST as he was in Pittsburgh. These were words that came from Ken Whisenhunt, not some stupid rumor generated from a drunken Colts fan..

So with all of this being said, will the Rooney's ever come out and state that they made a mistake in letting both of them go? Absolutely not. They would not (nor would I if I were an owner) want to create any sort of second guessing within the organization, NOR with the players and/or fans. This is why I stated that this was a bonehead move. Maybe I should have put down the "booze" earlier and clarified myself then instead of being mislabelled as someone who needs to pull his head out of his hind side. Think of me as you wish. None of you are owners or HC's, or even a f'ng ballboy for that matter!! This is an open forum, and we're all entitled to our opinions. If you're not interested in reading mine, then dont open the post.. It's pretty simple!!

What station was this (as you will probably ask for my sources)?? 620AM - the Gambo and Ash show - Monday-Friday from 1-6PM Arizona time.

Edited by Shorttynaz

And this is my OWN PERSONAL OPINION, I think that the Steelers DID wanted Whisenhunt. He was already on their staff, and he knew the in's and out's of that team. Bill "Shower" had highly recommended Chan Gailey. I have a STRONG feeling that the Steelers were holding out to seriously consider Ron Rivera. However the Bears are still hard at work and Rooney has enough respect for him to stay out of his way until their season is over. Whisenhunt on the other hand wanted to be sure that he would become a HC for it was just his time to make the move to a HC position. Instead of holding out for the possibility of getting the Steelers job, he secured his future as a HC by accepting the Cardinals job. And with all the vacancies and the coaches being hired, Rooney wanted to make sure that they got a quality person in whom they trust to continue the success that has already been created there.

Now, Ken Wisenhunt did a radio interview with a couple of local talk show hosts last week stating that he was a little disappointed that he was not contacted "SOONER" by Rooney stating that the Steelers DID have interest in making the offer for a "promotion" within the organization. However with the position that he was in and the experience he has gained, he was ready for a challenge, and had decided that a change of scenery would be nice, AND the Cardinals have shown that they want to win with the players that they have brought to this team. He THEN stated that he and Russ Grimm had their own "personal pact" that if one of them was hired to become a HC, and the other one was not, the one hired to become a HC would bring the other one on board as an "assistant HC" which is EXACTLY what Grimm's title is here. He just so happens to also be the offensive line coach as well, JUST as he was in Pittsburgh. These were words that came from Ken Whisenhunt, not some stupid rumor generated from a drunken Colts fan..

So with all of this being said, will the Rooney's ever come out and state that they made a mistake in letting both of them go? Absolutely not. They would not (nor would I if I were an owner) want to create any sort of second guessing within the organization, NOR with the players and/or fans. This is why I stated that this was a bonehead move. Maybe I should have put down the "booze" earlier and clarified myself then instead of being mislabelled as someone who needs to pull his head out of his hind side. Think of me as you wish. None of you are owners or HC's, or even a f'ng ballboy for that matter!! This is an open forum, and we're all entitled to our opinions. If you're not interested in reading mine, then dont open the post.. It's pretty simple!!

What station was this (as you will probably ask for my sources)?? 620AM - the Gambo and Ash show - Monday-Friday from 1-6PM Arizona time.

I listen to, watch, and read everything I can possibly find on the Steelers, and it is amazing to me that I have never heard or seen a majority things that you have written here.

First, if the Steelers wanted to hire Whisenhunt or Grimm, they would have done it early. The Rooney's have said that these two were the favorites going in. However, on their first round of interviews, both Rivera and Tomlin put doubt in their minds about hiring Whisenhunt or Grimm. When the Cardinals opportunity came up, Whisenhunt asked the Steelers if they had made up their mind, the Rooney's said that they couldn't guarantee Whisenhunt that he would get the job, so he did the smart thing and took the sure thing in Arizona. That left Rivera, Grimm, and Tomlin in the pool of choices. Not wanting to wait for 2 weeks and losing valuable time after the Bears one, the Rooney's decided they would choose between Grimm and Tomlin. Their choice was Tomlin. Grimm, as were all of the Steelers assistants was still under contract to the Steelers, so, he could only leave that contract for a head coaching job, unless he got permission from the Steelers. He asked permission to be released from his contract, and that permission was granted by the Rooney, who once again did the class thing. So, whatever 'pact' you heard that Whisenhunt and Grimm had wouldn't work without cooperation from the Steelers.

Having your opinion is one thing, but, reading your posts, it is obvious you have an agenda. You state your opinion, and then spice it up with 4th grade comments about the Steelers that are the equivalent to "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah we are going to the Super Bowl and you're not......" That combined with the fact that you just showed up here during this Colts run :D has earned you the reputation that you certainly deserve.

You also called the Colts our biggest rival in one of your posts, which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I don't get into namecalling or personal insults around this place, except to Ugly Tuna, which doesn't count, but, just know that I am thinking some names and personal insults towards you, and they are not nice. Your knowledge of the Steelers and their situation is weak, go concentrate on the Colts and your multiplication tables that your teacher taught you this week. (wait, was that a personal insult ?)