[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick is NOT going to be traded or cut.

broncosn05

Here's the old thread. Glad everyone here know foxsports is a credible source. :D

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...=194890&hl=vick

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/10818312/detail.html

Falcons Deny Vick Trade Rumors

POSTED: 5:35 am EST January 23, 2007

UPDATED: 5:15 pm EST January 23, 2007

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons officials are denying reports of a possible trade for quarterback Michael Vick.

Foxsports.com reported the Oakland Raiders put together a package of players and draft picks for Vick.

The report said the Raiders offer included receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).

Vick has fallen into disfavor with Falcons brass after a number of on- and off-field incidents.

In the most recent incident he was stopped at the Miami International Airport for trying to carry a water bottle with a hidden compartment through a security checkpoint. The bottle was tested for drugs, but police announced Monday they will not file any charges against the player.

Vick had to apologize this season after he made obscene gestures to home fans while walking off the field following a loss to New Orleans in November.

Last April, Vick settled a lawsuit filed by a woman who claimed the player knowingly gave her herpes. She also claimed that he used the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment for the sexually transmitted disease.

Edited by broncosn05

Of course they're not going to trade him. They can't afford the cap hit.

are you sure about that? atlanta has about 11 million in extra cap space for 2007. couldn't they re-work some deals to get under the cap even with the approximately 16 million cap hit they would take with dealing Vick?

You think Vick wants to go to OAK? Hell do you think anyone wants to go to Oakland? :D

I'm sorry, which team are you a fan of?

Easy to have two teams, because you can jump from one to the other when one is down and the other is up.

Pick one team to stick with threw the thick and the thin, and then we'll talk, ok?

Thats what being a real fan is all about. You'll understand one day.

I'm sorry, which team are you a fan of?

Easy to have two teams, because you can jump from one to the other when one is down and the other is up.

Pick one team to stick with threw the thick and the thin, and then we'll talk, ok?

Thats what being a real fan is all about. You'll understand one day.

:D

Do I not meet the expectations to point out ignorance?

are you sure about that? atlanta has about 11 million in extra cap space for 2007. couldn't they re-work some deals to get under the cap even with the approximately 16 million cap hit they would take with dealing Vick?

I had heard that ATL is only $7 million under the cap. Even $5 million in cap space is difficult to erase. It's going to be difficult to get players to re-negotiate their contracts and even if they start releasing veterans towards the ends of their prime (Dunn, Grady Jackson), they'll take additional cap hits from that as well.

They're in a pretty dubious situation right now, as they committed a lot of cap room to high-priced defensive players last year (Jackson, Abraham, Milloy), Brooking is most likely getting paid big-time, and I'm sure that Hall and Kearney are either already getting or will soon command top dollar.

My guess is that they hold onto Vick for another year and hope that things finally work out (they do have a championship-caliber defense, when healthy) and then they trade Vick and blow up the team in '08.

They're in a pretty dubious situation right now, as they committed a lot of cap room to high-priced defensive players last year (Jackson, Abraham, Milloy), Brooking is most likely getting paid big-time, and I'm sure that Hall and Kearney are either already getting or will soon command top dollar.

Hall isn't making as much as you'd think. Here are his cap figures for the next few years:

$2.46 million (2007); $2.57 million (2008); and $2.9575 million (2009).

As of January 3, the Falcons do actually have $11.5 million in cap space.

Also, I found a list of some other players' 2007 cap values that are pretty interesting, although I'm not sure how recently they were updated:

Warrick Dunn $9,430,000

Michael Vick $8,500,000

Patrick Kerney $7,974,286

Keith Brooking $6,600,000

Rod Coleman $5,670,000

Alge Crumpler $4,675,000

Jason Webster $3,170,000

Hall isn't making as much as you'd think. Here are his cap figures for the next few years:

$2.46 million (2007); $2.57 million (2008); and $2.9575 million (2009).

As of January 3, the Falcons do actually have $11.5 million in cap space.

Also, I found a list of some other players' 2007 cap values that are pretty interesting, although I'm not sure how recently they were updated:

Warrick Dunn $9,430,000

Michael Vick $8,500,000

Patrick Kerney $7,974,286

Keith Brooking $6,600,000

Rod Coleman $5,670,000

Alge Crumpler $4,675,000

Jason Webster $3,170,000

Thanks for the cap figures. I wonder how long it'll be before Hall holds out for a new contract. He's arguably one of the top 5 corners in the league.

Methinks that Dunn (what is he... 32 now?) will be a casualty this coming season and Vick will be dealt in '08.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Thanks for the cap figures. I wonder how long it'll be before Hall holds out for a new contract. He's arguably one of the top 5 corners in the league.

Methinks that Dunn (what is he... 32 now?) will be a casualty this coming season and Vick will be dealt in '08.

normally I hate Charles Robinson from Yahoo but he sums things up quite nicely here