[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ugly Bear Fans

Ground Chuck

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a clip of either the "We're going to finish what Katrina started" sign or a clip of them pushing around N'awlins media members.

It's all that and then some. I wish I could get the link to work for all. It's the only link I have. You may want to try the NOLA TV website.

I've been to almost a dozen NFL stadiums as a fan of the visiting team. Certainly you expect to take some verbal abuse, but Sunday was by far the worst experience I've ever had. My wife was pushed several times "accidentally", we had things thrown at us the entire game, and a friend had his beer intentionally kicked over after he had set it on the ground to put his gloves on. Constantly heard Katrina comments. Totally classless group of fans. I will never spend another dime in Chicago again.

I've been to almost a dozen NFL stadiums as a fan of the visiting team. Certainly you expect to take some verbal abuse, but Sunday was by far the worst experience I've ever had. My wife was pushed several times "accidentally", we had things thrown at us the entire game, and a friend had his beer intentionally kicked over after he had set it on the ground to put his gloves on. Constantly heard Katrina comments. Totally classless group of fans. I will never spend another dime in Chicago again.

I've read & heard some pretty bad stories of what went on there. I know that it doesn't need to be said, but I hope that people don't judge them all for what some did. I'm very glad to know the Bears fans we have here are all class.

I'm actually pretty shocked. I know a general apology from us Huddle Bear fans isn't going to change much, but ... wow, sorry to hear that.

To be fair, I've been to some real "laid back" stadiums in my day, and even at those, you'd be surprised by the type of a-holes that are EVERYwhere. Case in point, 2 seasons ago, me and a couple friends (who are HUGH Jet fans) went to the Chargers-Jets game (opening weekend as I recall) and of course my friends were decked out in Jet gear. The usually mild-mannered Bolt fans were CLOWNS... we got in a fight (girls included) and these a-hole Bolt fans got tossed from the game. We were all so shaken by what happened, we ended up leaving early on our own accord. Fortunately, we had passes to go wait for the Jets to go back to their buses, so we went out to the parking lot early to wait for them. In short, you never know where a-holes are going to show up. Throw in the "playoff fever" and plenty of alcohol and this is what happened.

Once again, sorry for what happened... :D

Beer kicked over, shoved accidentally, Katrina Comments, what are you kiddin me. Poor wittle Saints fans rolling into SOLDIER FIELD and expecting BEARS FANS and CHICAGO citizens to play nice IN THE SNOW. I love football but I know there is NO WAY I go into Chicago expecting good treatment cheering for the Saints. I am not saying it's right or condone the behavior, but you gotta know you in for some ruffing. :D

Note to Saints Fans: Consider yourselves LUCKY, for future reference, beer kicked over, shoved accidentally, and rude comments are what you find in opposing fans stadiums and if you were offended by that don't even THINK about going to KC or Philly to cheer for the other team. And please, PLEASE, I beg you, what ever you do, don't even dream about going to Oakland during a playoff game if you’re not a Raider Fan. Everywhere else you can get out, but in Oakland, they lock the gates just before kickoff. That way at least they can interrogate the witnesses and take blood swatches before everyone leaves. And if your lucky to escape the stadium, 3-13 Raider faitful are prowling the parking lot and surrounding areas for stragglers, smiling at you, saying, "enjoyed the game did ya", "Good, Good, I'm Peanut and this is Bang Bang." Consider yourself warned...........

Beer kicked over, shoved accidentally, Katrina Comments, what are you kiddin me. Poor wittle Saints fans rolling into SOLDIER FIELD and expecting BEARS FANS and CHICAGO citizens to play nice IN THE SNOW. I love football but I know there is NO WAY I go into Chicago expecting good treatment cheering for the Saints. I am not saying it's right or condone the behavior, but you gotta know you in for some ruffing. :D

Going into the lions den you expect that you are going to be harassed some. Kicking over a beer...eh...a little classless but whatever. But the taunting should be limited to verbal. Progressing to physical shoving or other fighting is completely uncalled for. I can't get the video to work either but if the signs had anything negative to do with Katrina that was completely uncalled for and showed a complete lack of class as well. If I was a fan of the home team and saw a fellow fan with something like that, I would have removed it.

Going into the lions den you expect that you are going to be harassed some. Kicking over a beer...eh...a little classless but whatever. But the taunting should be limited to verbal. Progressing to physical shoving or other fighting is completely uncalled for. I can't get the video to work either but if the signs had anything negative to do with Katrina that was completely uncalled for and showed a complete lack of class as well. If I was a fan of the home team and saw a fellow fan with something like that, I would have removed it.

+1

I don't get it ....you can be the most passionate fans , love your team , but do not understand how people or so called fans can cross the line like this ....should b humans first and fans 2nd

Absolutely. Besides us Packer fans are the ones they should hate. Or Favre. :D

Why were the Bears fans giving the camera the finger? That was another one I couldn't understand. :D

Because some people just never grow up. Tauting and harassing the opposing team's fans I can understand "why", but flipping off a TV camera? Pfft.

I am suprised, I was at the last game ever ( Playoffs) at Soldier Field. I thought the fans were ok, I had absolutely no problems wearing my Eagle Green, even after they lost. :D After the game I did Morton's and watched the infamous Tuck Rule. I had a great time.

I'm with NSab (surprised by this I guess). I went to an eagles game in 03 there, and had a blast. Lot of Eagles fans, and the bears fans were a lot of fun - no problems, little ribbing back and forth.

Really surprised by the Katrina comments (I'd like to say even the Eagles fan base wouldn't go close to that). The beer and pushing incidents I'll hope was pretty limited but still surprising.

A severe lack of class and maturity in fans at an NFL game. I'm truly shocked.

Not that I expect a tea party either, but pretty pathetic that it's all become so in the gutter that people have to think twice about taking their kids to a ball game.

Edited by BeeR

Its everywhere in the NFL.

When my wife and I go to skins game we always end up sitting next to fans from the other team. If they are out of towners and not locals we buy the first round and chat the whole time. Make them feel very welcome and they are always thankful.

Even cowboy fans. But they have to be from Texans and not any of these Hagerstown cowboy nut lovers who live in the area but choose to be different and root for the foul boyz instead of the Skins.

you know who i speak of.