[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ugly Bear Fans

Ground Chuck

No bashing coming from me. I can certainly understand how people not from here must feel and I really wasn't trying to make you feel like an ass as Chavez put it nor was I trying to give you my sob story. I'm just simply trying to put it in perspective. But this is our home and regardless of the risk we love it here and are resilient enough to stay. Maybe that does seem silly, but if you were from here I'm betting you would feel the same way. Actually, the last storm to hit here of this magnitude was Camille before I was born and nothing else has come close on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. As far as odds are concerned you have a better chance of dying in a car wreck.

For the furure here I personally have protected myself & my family as well as I can. We have insurance policies(now) that should cover us for whatever damage may be done. Before I thought I was covered through my hurricane policy and was told I didn't need flood insurance because I was out of the "flood plain." Now I have it regardless of our still being outside of the flood plain. I used to stay for storms when I was younger, but now that I have kids we pack up & leave every time and before we would take everything that's really important to us. Now I think I'll take everything that's not nailed down. :D

It is your choice to take that gamble. I can't argue with your resiliency. Only you know what is best for you and your family. I'm just not willing to take that gamble.

As far as the initial topic of this thread... I stand corrected. I can understand how you and people like you would be offended by some of the signs at Soldier Field. I do apologize for my remarks about that.

:D New Orleans is an industrial and distribution center, and the busiest port system in the world by gross tonnage. The Port of New Orleans is the largest U.S. port for several major commodities including rubber, cement and coffee. The Port of South Louisiana, also based in the New Orleans area, is the world's busiest in terms of bulk tonnage; and when combined with the Port of N.O., forms the 4th largest port system in volume handled.

Reroute everthing. It can be done.

New Orleans is located in proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and the many oil rigs lying just offshore. Louisiana ranks 5th in oil production and 8th in reserves. Louisiana is also home to two of the four Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) storage facilities: West Hackberry in Cameron Parish and Bayou Choctaw in Iberville Parish, Louisiana. Other infrastructure includes 17 petroleum refineries with a combined crude oil distillation capacity of nearly 2.8 million barrels per calendar day, the second highest in the nation after Texas. Louisiana has numerous ports including the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP), which is capable of receiving ultra large oil tankers. Natural gas and electricity dominate the home heating market with similar market shares totaling about 47 percent each. With all of the product to distribute, Louisiana is home to many major pipelines supplying the nation: Crude Oil - Chevron, BP, Texaco, Shell, Exxon, Scurloch-Permian, Mid-Valley, Calumet, Conoco, Koch, Unocal, Dept. of Energy, Locap. Product - TEPPCO, Colonial, Chevron, Shell, Plantation, Explorer, Texaco, Collins, BP. Liquefied Petroleum Gas - Dixie, TEPPCO, Black Lake, Koch, Chevron, Dynegy, Kinder, Dow, Bridgeline, FMP, Tejas, Texaco, UTP

Now do you understand?

I'm already paying over $2.00 a gallon for gas and have seen close to $3.00. So, you're telling me N.O. is a gold mine for big oil companies? It's time to cut our losses. There is plenty more where that came from.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the packer/ bears game on new years eve and we had all our packer gear on and was treated pretty well except for some of the concession people who were acting very ghetto but other than that we were treated just fine.

Maybee thats because the bears got their but's handed to them by the packers or we just sat by the right fans I don't know. There was some friendly ribbing and stuff like that but i didn't feel scared not for a second. Of couse I hate the bears but I thought the fans for the most part acted classy.

sorry to hear how you were treated, those were some classless fans. If you ever come to lambeau you will get treated well. I have heard of other teams tell us that.

I don't get it you know rip on the other team yell 1st down My team is better than your team you q b sucks but to make it all personal thats just animalistic.

Edited by alwaysrocking