[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning Hides Thumb!

tonorator

so peyton does not pull his thumb out of his pocket during his news conference. he side-steps all questions about the injury a-la-belichick. should colts fans panic? is this sorgi's chance to shine in the big game?

story on yahoo! nfl page ...

:D shocking!

If there was serious damage to his thumb, he wouldn't have completed those 30- and 50-yd passes to Clark and Fletcher late in the game.

If you slam your thumb into a teammate's helmet, a broken bone is about the only injury you're going to suffer (it's doubtful that a tendon or ligament tear would result). I'm sure that it's bruised and sore (and probably still swollen right now) and that he'll be a slightly less than 100% in the SB, but I don't think that it's a big deal. I think that Peyton's just playing games with the media.

As he said in his interview yesterday, he graduated from the BB school of injury reports. Why come out and say that his finger is injured? By being purposfully vague and hiding it, the Bears have a harder time preparing for what to expect.

My guess is that it's bruised and hurts some, but the Indy offense is good enough and they have ample time to let things heal that come Feb 4th it won't be an issue.

By being purposfully vague and hiding it, the Bears have a harder time preparing for what to expect.

I don’t think the bears will plan any differently. they will plan for this game as if manning is 100%. And they will also plan for the run.

I really don’t see lovie saying "OK, guys manning has a bad thumb. we were going to practice play coverage, but now we will skip this and just focus on stopping the run."

All it means is that the Colts will only win by 10 instead of 20 points. Good at least the SB might be closer. :D

Care to bet? You givin' 10 points?

My comments were entirely directed on getting this top of response. You might have seen the little laughing graemlin after my words symbolizing my sarcasm. I actually think this game will be pretty close and that the Bears have a solid shot of pulling off the upset.

I don’t think the bears will plan any differently. they will plan for this game as if manning is 100%. And they will also plan for the run.

I really don’t see lovie saying "OK, guys manning has a bad thumb. we were going to practice play coverage, but now we will skip this and just focus on stopping the run."

I'm not saying that they wouldn't plan everything. However I think it would change what areas that they may focus more on. Say it was broken or at least injured enough that Peyton would have considerable difficulty throwing. Do you think that they are going to spend equal time practicing defending short and long routes? Or would they focus more on the shorter routes that are easier on an injured thumb? If Peyton was definitely out, do you think that they will still game plan for Sorgi like they would for Peyton? Not a chance.

A good defense looks at who they are playing and tries to exploit their weakness. If the offense doesn't give them tells as to what their weaknesses are, worst case its no different then if nothing is wrong. If they did give them tells as to what their weaknesses are, then worst case the defense exploits those weaknesses for an advantage.

The bears are not preparing for Sorgi, manning is playing. I know about how you want your opponent to know a little as possible. that just common sense

But don’t try to spin manning having a bad thumb as an advantage for the colts, because its not.

Edited by whitem0nkey

I think you're right. I think that sommab.tch does that alot.

I saw him on TV a few days ago, trying to disguise himself w/ a mustache. But I knew it was him, the phony. He had his freakin' jersey on! Like I couldn't tell who it was. Geesh!

:D

The bears are not preparing for Sorgi, manning is playing. I know about how you want your opponent to know a little as possible. that just common sense

But don’t try to spin manning having a bad thumb as an advantage for the colts, because its not.

The better question is even if Peyton is hurt how do you prepare fpr Sorgi since he hasn't played since he has been in the NFL. Peyton's backup what a cush job.