[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the first to number 6 ?

Menudo

Who will be the first to number 6 ?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first team to win their 6th Super Bowl ?

• Cowboys (5)
    • 49'ers (5)
    • Steelers (5)
    • Other

With all of the talk about past championships and such, I was just curious who the Huddle Nation thinks will be the first to bring in their 6th Championship. The Cowboys, 49'ers and Steelers all site with 5 titles, while the Patriots, Packers, Redskins, & Raiders have 3.

1. Cowboys - The Cowboys were a playoff team this year, and based on that might be the favorite

at this point.

2. 49'ers - The Niners are definitely heading in the right direction, but, it may still be a bit until they are

serious Super Bowl Championship contenders.

3. Steelers - The Steelers had a dismal 2006, but, are just one year removed from the championship,

and have a lot of solid pieces in place.

So, who do you think gets it done 1st ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the 9ers' chances better than the 'Boys or the Steelers. Both DAL & PIT are losing high profile coaches who really know the game & have a reputation for getting the most out of their players. Both teams figure to slip for the upcoming few seasons, especially with PIT playing in the AFC.

While the 9ers aren't a great team right now, they are starting to assemble some significant pieces that may have them in place to make a run in two to three years, given some astute drafting/FA moves & some luck.

I think I'd look elsewhere to find that 6 ring team. Hard to say who it is right now, though. WAS, NE, & GB are next in line with 3 titles each, and NE has seen its window close and will probably spend at least three years or more regrouping, and WAS & GB aren't in shape for any kind of serious run in the next few years, much less chalking up 3 titles in the near future.

I like the 9ers' chances better than the 'Boys or the Steelers. Both DAL & PIT are losing high profile coaches who really know the game & have a reputation for getting the most out of their players. Both teams figure to slip for the upcoming few seasons, especially with PIT playing in the AFC.

Yep, not to mention the fact that Jerry Jones isn't likely to give up his "GM" duties any time soon.

The Niners are getting better and play in the much weaker NFC.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Can't see any of those teams winning one this century.

The Cowboys, 49ers, and Steelers are going to miss a collective 279 times in terms of winning a superbowl in the remainder of this century? :D

:D I think I'd put money on the table against that -- will the Huddle be around in 93 years when the corresponding sigline portion of the bet finally expired?

While the 9ers aren't a great team right now, they are starting to assemble some significant pieces that may have them in place to make a run in two to three years, given some astute drafting/FA moves & some luck.

I think I'd look elsewhere to find that 6 ring team. Hard to say who it is right now, though. WAS, NE, & GB are next in line with 3 titles each, and NE has seen its window close and will probably spend at least three years or more regrouping, and WAS & GB aren't in shape for any kind of serious run in the next few years, much less chalking up 3 titles in the near future.

How do you figure?

Hmmm,of the 3 with 5 rings I wonder who I might favor :D Yes, my Niners are headed in the right direction I believe. The Steelers are closer to 6 than the Cowboys since they now have the anti-christ of football, Terrell Owens. I have faith the 49ers will reach 6 titles before the Steelers or Cowboys and I'm hoping for them to do that within the next 4years. I think the draft and free agency moves the 9ers make in 2007 will be pivotal in getting them their next Lombardi trophy.

of those 3, i'm saying '9ers. but "other" is probably more likely.

I'm surprised so many choose other. That would mean a team would have to win '3' before any of these teams win another one.

How do you figure?

Uhhh, by watching their play the past 2 years as opposed to the previous 4?

I'm a strong believer the the "3 year window" theory. NE superceded that by a year, though when they won the SB vs the Rams, they probably ought to have lost that game. NE ought to fade a bit in the next couple of years & then if they can add some significant pieces they will start to rebound. If history has taught us anything, it's that the good to great organizations in the NFL during the salary cap era are cyclical.