[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could Tiger have played in the NFL?

Rockerbraves

Tiger Woods 6'1" 185 lbs, now 31 years of age, has had an unprecedented career since becoming a professional golfer in the late summer of 1996. He has won 74 tournaments, 54 of those on the PGA TOUR, including the 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2005 Masters Tournaments, 1999, 2000 and 2006 PGA Championships, 2000 and 2002 U.S. Open Championships, and 2000, 2005 and 2006 British Open Championships. With his second Masters victory in 2001, Tiger became the first ever to hold all four professional major championships at the same time. He is the career victories leader among active players on the PGA TOUR, and is the career money list leader

Could Tiger Woods (arguably the best athlete on the planet) have played in the NFL had he decided to play football instead of golf?

Check this out:

Edited by Rockerbraves

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger Woods 6'1" 185 lbs, now 31 years of age, has had an unprecedented career since becoming a professional golfer in the late summer of 1996. He has won 74 tournaments, 54 of those on the PGA TOUR, including the 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2005 Masters Tournaments, 1999, 2000 and 2006 PGA Championships, 2000 and 2002 U.S. Open Championships, and 2000, 2005 and 2006 British Open Championships. With his second Masters victory in 2001, Tiger became the first ever to hold all four professional major championships at the same time. He is the career victories leader among active players on the PGA TOUR, and is the career money list leader

Could Tiger Woods (arguably the best athlete on the planet) have played in the NFL had he decided to play football instead of golf?

Check this out:

No. :D

Please grace us with your definition of "athletes".

I would think the general consensus would be something that relies more on the physical aspect of the sport then the mental and mechanics of it..Id say Bo Jackson was a better athlete then Earl Anthony..

edit to add: not taking anything away from Tiger..The guy is a great athlete butbest in the world is a little much..

Edited by whomper

Please grace us with your definition of "athletes".

Put Tiger in any other sport or athletic competition & see how he fares. Nothing against Tiger, he's just not what I would consider the greatest athlete today.

Edited by rajncajn

I wonder how well he'd play after getting hit by Urlacher a few times. Stick with golf Tiger.

Shaq would have made a great tight end.

Many high school football coaches I know have told me that Glen "Baby" Davis from LSU would be a first or second round pick in the NFL if he ever decides to give up basketball. Big Baby played HS football up until his junior year.

Many high school football coaches I know have told me that Glen "Baby" Davis from LSU would be a first or second round pick in the NFL if he ever decides to give up basketball. Big Baby played HS football up until his junior year.

What position/s?

I thought this guy was the best athlete on the planet....

ETA - No way in he11 Tiger is the best athlete. Yeah he can swing a club, but does that make him an athlete? No. Thats like saying Takiro Kobeyashi is the best athlete because he can swallow 429,637 hot dogs in under 15 minutes.

Edited by peepinmofo

I really don't see how this post has any meaning. If it was a great basketball or maybe even baseball player ya. But Golf? You wanna put Tennis in there with Roger Federer? This is pointless.

Just because an athlete selects golf, tennis or even nascar racing does not mean they couldn't play football. Tiger is physically in shape unlike the Walrus types you sometimes see on tour. That's one reason why he is able to travel across the world and still compete at the highest level.

At 6'9" 290lbs Big Baby would likely be drafted as an offensive lineman although he played tailback in HS.

At 6'-9" and "only" 290 lbs, Davis would get killed on the O-line. TE would be an awfully intriguing spot for him, especially given his basketball background & success.

Think we're generalizing on this too much - just looking at Tiger and the strength, motor skills, and work ethic he posseses, I'd give him a shot at succeeding at a high level in a "real" sport. Football ? Maybe - football's an odd one in that the diff. positions require such different strengths and skills. But if Earl had raised him as a quarterback instead of a golfer, not sure I would have bet against him being in the NFL right now.

At 6'-9" and "only" 290 lbs, Davis would get killed on the O-line. TE would be an awfully intriguing spot for him, especially given his basketball background & success.

You must not know much about Big Baby. He's always struggled with his weight and devoted himself this offseason to lose weight in hopes it will help his endurance. Give him a month and he could put on as much weight as any strength coach wanted and he would enjoy each and every bite.

Check this out:

:D Sorry Rocker, but, this thread is downright silly. Can Tiger Woods play football, I have absolutely no idea, but, we certainly shouldn't assume that he could because he is good at golf.

Bo Jackson was the best there ever was. Ricky Williams was a great athlete, Deon Sanders was a great athlete. Heck, even Michael Vick is a great athlete (with no brain). Tiger couldn't hold any of these guys jocks, and probably doesn't know how to put one on. He is a great golfer, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a great athlete. Heck Craig Stadler was a pretty good golfer back in the day, and nobody ever confused him with an athlete.