[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiper's Initial Mock Draft

THE SIX KINGS

8. Houston Texans: *Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

:D

Obviously, Hester has been a huge piece of the puzzle for the Bears' this year.

I think the main issue was that for all his brilliance as a return man, Hester was a liability from scrimmage at Miami and remains one in Chicago - will he ever contribute as an everyday player?

If he keeps performing on special teams like he did this year, I would be happy with his performance as is. IMO a player doesnt have to be an everyday player to make an impact.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Peterson but can he run behind that offensive line as is? Their problem lies probably more in pass protection if anything, but still....

That OL only needs to hold a block for about 2 seconds and Peterson is through the hole. Fastest player Ive ever seen hit a hole. In fact he lines up 8 yards back of the QB, because he will outrun the handoff from the QB, if he lines up any closer. Though Im sure you will hear more about that, the closer we get to the draft.

And I didnt say Houston will make the playoffs, but a running game from a player who finishes off runs, especially at the goal line, can turn a bad team into a marginal team. Id guess 7-9, 8-8 are very reasonable expectations for the Texans if they can land AD.

If he keeps performing on special teams like he did this year, I would be happy with his performance as is. IMO a player doesnt have to be an everyday player to make an impact.

Those guys are EXTREMELY rare, IMO. Hester certainly looks like he could be one of them.

pats have to move up for jarvis moss...they need a linebacker/end who can put his hand down and go from 3-4 to 4-3 without having to change personnel

That's exactly why he would make sense in Pittsburgh. We'll take your 2 first rounders for him though. In a way I'd rather keep Moss. Who knows, he may be gone by the time the Steelers pick as well.

That's exactly why he would make sense in Pittsburgh. We'll take your 2 first rounders for him though. In a way I'd rather keep Moss. Who knows, he may be gone by the time the Steelers pick as well.

jarvis moss reminds me of manny lawson....whom i liked alot going into last years draft...someone for the mcginest role...being able to play 4-3 end and 3-4 olb without having to make a substitution

many questioned whether how manny could cover and hold up against the run in the nfl...and he did pretty well in those two areas in his rookie year

moss is coming out as a jr. and lawson was a sr...i personally dont know how much moss could contribute as a rookie...i think overall lawson was more polished coming out than moss...and moss needs to be heavily coached up in all areas and needs to develop some pass rushing moves....but i think he has the quickness, speed, and frame....it really remains to be seen if his stock will continue to stay high because of the early results on lawson or whether teams will see the holes in his game and realize that he is still a bit of a project

And I absolutely DO NOT see the Jags taking another chance on a WR in the first round. Yes, they do need a go-to WR, but rumor has it they may bring in someone in free agency(they are 25 million under the cap) or trade like a Randy Moss(I hope not). Should be an interesting sitch in Jax this offseason that's for sure. They don't have any holes on D but the QB position is killing them.

At first, I really wanted Green Bay to draft LaRon Laundry or Marshawn Lynch with the no.16 pick... If Laundry is still there, then im all for that pick... If not, I'd rather try and trade down for more picks... Maybe grab Michael Bush later, as I beleive him to be a a much, much better version of Brandon Jacobs... I think Bush/Morency would be amazing, especially behind that line that Thompson got us last year in the draft...

We've got to get a Saftey and Tight End in there somewhere as well...

I know that during draft day im going to get upset because Thompson didnt draft a big name like Thompson did in the second round, but if he does what he did last year, and gets the same results... i'll be happy...

We've got to get a Saftey and Tight End in there somewhere as well...

Well, there's a surplus of talent at safety - Manuel was terrible in coverage, and so was Collins, but I still have hope that Collins turns the corner. Marviel Underwood looked VERY good in preseason last year and comes back. Plus Woodson could play safety in a pinch.

TE, good lord, yes - GET ONE!

Lot of LSU/Saint fans would like them to draft Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

Why would that be stupid azz? I think most LSU/Saint fans would want a CB(which we need badly) before another WR(which we don't need)

As usually Kiper is wrong. Where's Mayock, that guy's the Sega!!

Let's see your mock draft.

I don't like Kiper's personality at all & I think with the amount of hair spray that he uses that he is probably personally responsible for at least 20% of global warming, but the guy knows the draft like few others. Since you think Kiper has little credibility, why don't you let us see your best effort at the first round?

Why would that be stupid azz? I think most LSU/Saint fans would want a CB(which we need badly) before another WR(which we don't need)

I assume we'll go LB and try to get a CB in free agency - simply because of the learning curve for CBs. Our main needs are probably CB, LB, and DT though.

Baffling post. :D

What's so baffling? The Vikings had a deal to trade down with the Ravens so they could select Leftwich. The Vikings called in their deal to the front office. The Ravens were supposed to do the same, but claimed the line was busy. Minnesota had no idea it was their pick when the clock ran out and two teams jumped up and ran to the podium with their picks, making the Vikings look stupid - even though as far as they knew it was the Raven's pick and not theirs to make.

Let's see your mock draft.

I don't like Kiper's personality at all & I think with the amount of hair spray that he uses that he is probably personally responsible for at least 20% of global warming, but the guy knows the draft like few others. Since you think Kiper has little credibility, why don't you let us see your best effort at the first round?

:D:bash: